Difference between 50 and 100mg of Clomid???

Hi!

Can anyone tell me if they noticed a difference or had success increasing the dosage of clomid from 50 to 100?

Also, do side effects worsen with a higher dosage?

Thanks so much!

[QUOTE=Ronidog]Hi!

Can anyone tell me if they noticed a difference or had success increasing the dosage of clomid from 50 to 100?

Also, do side effects worsen with a higher dosage?

Thanks so much![/QUOTE]
My gynecologist started me on 100mg, her opinion was that 50 was too low. I used 100 4 months in a row, and had just about every side effect. They seemed to increase the longer I was on Clomid. I also felt the effects after stopping, including ovulating on my own 2 months after I stopped. I finally feel like it’s out of my system. My new RE said Clomid has a long half life, so I was likely still feeling side effects. I did not have any success with Clomid & TI.

I did not ovulate at 50, but did ovulate at 100, but only once. After that the higher doses did not work, but I did get hot flashes and depression as a result of the clomid when taking 100-150mg.

I did not ovulate with 50 mg so my obgyn increased my dosage to 100 mg and I ovulated all the 5 months that followed my :bfp: . The side effects decreased as I was on Clomid, or I just got used to them lol!!! I just remember the horrible hot flashes every month. I worst month was the first one.
I recommend preseed ( sperm friendly lubricant) with Clomid. The combination of both did the job for me on my last month:).

Good luck:)!!!

My cycles are very irregular (3 periods a year). I have done 8 rounds of Clomid (5 of 50mg and 3 of 100mg) and I ovulated every single time. My cycles on 50mg were 36 days and my last round of 100mg we got my cycle down to 29 days. I did have 2 eggs all 3 times that I was on 100mg but do not know for sure how many eggs on the 50mg cycles because I wasn’t being monitored by ultrasound at that time. I didn’t feel any difference in side effects from one dose to the other. I felt just as crazy on 50mg as I did on 100mg. Hope this helps! Best of luck.

Thank you all for the responses. I responder very well to the 100 mg. I had 4 dominant follies. Two were @ 24mm the day of IUI.

It did not work this month as I got a bfn on my beta yesterday. But, my re was very pleased with my response to the 100.

Thanks again and :babydust: to all!