different ethnicity

We have an amazing daughter thanks to anonymous embryo donation, born to us after 10 and a half years of marriage. I am Caucasian, DH is Latino (mestizo), and DD is Filipina/CC. While we considered various aspects of having a child of a different ethnicity or race than us, we decided that our biggest concern was that we didn’t draw unnecessary attention to our family, especially for the sake of our daughter. There is a handful of people in our close circle of loved ones who knows the route we finally took to have her, but we don’t want this to be a factor in how she is viewed by others. In other words, we agreed that if we thought a given ethnicity child could “pass” for being Hispanic/Latino or of mixed ancestry, that was sufficient for us. We tried to find a Hispanic child for years, both via adoption and in our initial attempts with EA. Finally, when we both came across our daughter’s batch’s profile, we knew this was the one and we didn’t fixate on ethnicity aside from what I already mentioned. Now that she is a toddler, and we’ve been getting comments from loved ones and strangers alike about her looks (as in, “she’s so pretty”), I worry it may be a matter of time before someone asks about details of her heritage, especially if DH isn’t with us. Her godmother is actually this kind of person - she loves finding out where people’s ancestry is from, and she’ll ask random strangers. She does it out of innocent curiosity, but I don’t think she realizes what an awkward position this could put some people.When we started down this journey, it was all very simple for me. We went from various traditional adoption routes to embryo adoption. I saw this as prenatal adoption, period. But now I no longer see it that way. I feel more like we fit with donor conceived families than adoptive ones, though. The fact that my daughter has features that don’t match mine is not because of her “homeland” (she was born in the US). She never had any ties to the ancestral home of her female donor, since she was conceived in the US as well. Yet I can’t just pretend that she doesn’t have Filipino heritage. I just don’t know what to make of it. What is heritage that doesn’t tie you to a birth culture, as in transracial adoption? What is heritage that doesn’t tie you to your parents’ homelands, if they’re different from yours/your donors’?The easiest thing I’ve come up with so far is to stick with this script: She’s American, of mixed ancestry. This is true, and it would be true if we were her genetic parents as well, so it shouldn’t raise any flags for curious Georges. As for details, I want to leave that up to her when she gets older how much she wants to share and with whom. It’s not anyone’s business, after all, how she came to be a part of our family.I’m having a hard time finding other EA families in a similar situation. Most DC kids’ donors are matched to their intended parents not only when it comes to race and ethnicity, but even less obvious characteristics. And like I said, adoptive families don’t really consider us one of them either, nor do I. So I was hoping to find another family out there in this same boat. Let me know if that’s you!