Dizzy spell in early pregnancy

Good morning,
I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through a dizzy spell in early pregnancy. All of a sudden, at work this AM, I stood up and instantly felt lightheaded. It seemed like my eyes couldn’t focus. Kinda scary as I’ve never fainted before. (I didn’t faint but I imagine that might be what it would feel like)

I called my docs office and left a message. Just hoping this doesn’t mean my little bean is in danger.

Thanks for any of your thoughts.

YES! In fact, this was my first pregnancy symptom. I told my RE and he said it is strange, but not uncommon. He thought it was the result of low blood sugar and suggested I eat 6 meals a day. I did this and it helped, but I still have dizzy spells.

Thank you

Thank you WICC

My RE called back. The nurse said that this is a symptom - not as common as MS but it happens. She said that I MUST start eating in the morning and drinking juice in stead of water. (I have a bad habit of skipping breakfast but will never do that again!)

She suggested that I drink juice and try to have some morning protein like peanut butter crackers. Gosh I hope that works.

Hope you continue to feel okay during your pregnancy!

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Coffeegal1]Good morning,
I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through a dizzy spell in early pregnancy. All of a sudden, at work this AM, I stood up and instantly felt lightheaded. It seemed like my eyes couldn’t focus. Kinda scary as I’ve never fainted before. (I didn’t faint but I imagine that might be what it would feel like)

I called my docs office and left a message. Just hoping this doesn’t mean my little bean is in danger.

Thanks for any of your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

If you’re still on progesterone and estrogen, that could cause dizzy spells. I had that happen once in a while early on when I was still on the hormones but it cleared up.

I was going to mention the progesterone as a possibility, too. I was scared to drive or use the stairs for a while because of the dizziness, it stopped when I stopped the progesterone. Hopefully, eating will be your cure! :slight_smile:

Hope the dizzy spells pass quickly and congrats on your pregnancy!

hope your feeling better, try having some sugar if you can when this happens juice works, your babe takes it all so you have to keep up the supply!

That’s pretty normal. There are several practices that can help you reduce the frequency of dizziness during pregnancy that you may experience. Here are some of the suggestions that you can try: Do not take hot showers or baths. Don’t lie on your back if you reach the middle of your 2nd trimester. Don’t wear fitted clothes for it may restrict blood circulation. Always eat on time. Do not skip meals and take light, healthy snacks throughout the day. Don’t stand up for long periods. If there’s a need for you to stand, make sure you keep your feet moving. This should help increase the blood circulation in your body. Get up slowly from sitting down or lying on your bed. This should also help your blood flow.