Doctor of Public Health Candidate - Wants to know more about your experiences with infertility

My name is Nathanael Stanley and I am a Doctor of Public Health candidate at the University of South Florida researching medical decision making for assisted reproductive technology. The purpose of this research is to highlight the experiences of individuals and couples whom have undergone, or whom anticipate undergoing, some form of assisted reproductive technology (ART), such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). My research team and I want to know about personal experiences because all of them will be different in some way, but there may also be commonalities between the individual experiences. We hope this project will highlight common challenges and successes that individuals and couples have when attempting an assisted reproductive technology. I am an adopted child. My parents could not conceive because of an infertility issue, which is why they chose adoption. So, this topic is very personal to me as well.

We wrote a short survey for you to complete that addresses some of your experiences. It should take about 6 minutes to complete. We also want to create a narrative of personal experiences through some informal interviews with some of you because we believe that is where the real, personal aspect of your experiences will come to light. This research is part of my dissertation and is approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of the University of South Florida: Pro00021676.
The official IRB Forms are attached to this post. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me ([email protected]).
We created an introductory video so you can see and hear about our research team.
Please click HERE for the survey.