Does anyone know how much "extra" is in each of the Follistim quantities?

I’m going to be using Follistim for my upcoming cycle and I haven’t used it in a while. For past cycles I used the 900iu pen and the overage ranged from about 115-150iu (a pharmacy had told me “120”). I’m thinking about buying a bunch of the 300iu or 600iu pens to get more overage, but I don’t know if I can count on the same extra meds in those…Does anyone know by chance? My dosage is going to be pretty high at 450/day, but I don’t mind additional injections if I can save some $$.

Thanks!

There is 437 iu in the 300 cartridge

THANKS, nicuRN1225! Did you always “prime” your Follistim pens? I believe I always did, but I never did with the Gonal-F pens. I wasn’t sure if I could get away with not doing it so not to overly deplete my extra meds.

No I didn’t, usually as I am turning up the dial to my dose it primes the needle. Hope that helps!

It depends on if you are able to do one dose for example mine was scheduled 300U daily. I found that I had anywhere from 75-100 in each one. It saved me a lot of money. My RE stated that if you do multiple dose like 100 you may lose some with each injection and have less extra. The RE said they have found 50-75 to be average.

It depends on if you are able to do one dose for example mine was scheduled 300U daily. I found that I had anywhere from 75-100 in each one. It saved me a lot of money. My RE stated that if you do multiple dose like 100 you may lose some with each injection and have less extra. The RE said they have found 50-75 to be average. I never primed the needle.

It depends on if you are able to do one dose for example mine was scheduled 300U daily. I found that I had anywhere from 75-100 in each one. It saved me a lot of money. My RE stated that if you do multiple dose like 100 you may lose some with each injection and have less extra. The RE said they have found 50-75 to be average. I never primed the needle.

It depends on if you are able to do one dose for example mine was scheduled 300U daily. I found that I had anywhere from 75-100 in each one. It saved me a lot of money. My RE stated that if you do multiple dose like 100 you may lose some with each injection and have less extra. The RE said they have found 50-75 to be average. I never primed the needle and I used the follistim 300 cartridges

In 300iu pen, I always found 75iu “extra”. Good luck!

I used the 600s and had around 120-150 overage