Doing first ivf cycle in jan...so nervous

Hi all, I am new to all of this. My husband and I have a 4.5 year old that we conceived naturally. In the past 2.5 years we have had 2 mc’s and have been told now by our RE and Urologist that our only option is ivf. We have done all of the testing needed. I just started bc and we begin the injections in January. We are doing a patient refund program so we are guaranteed a live birth or our money back after 6 cycles.
Does anyone have any advice for the emotional rollercoaster that I am on? I’m very nervous about doing the injections and can’t fathom having another mc.

My advice: relax! I’ve only done IUI, but there were plenty of injections since I was taking Menopur injectibles. I was nervous the first time, but there are lots of videos available online (try YouTube), which really helped me get comfortable before doing it myself. My RE also offered a class, but I didn’t take it. As I understand it, the IVF trigger shot is a little more complicated, since it’s intramuscular and given at a very specific time, whereas the IUI trigger is within a window. Nevertheless, fear not! You should have plenty of support at your RE’s office. If you have concerns, let them know!

Just take one step at a time and don’t get too far ahead of yourself. For me, it is a day-to-day process full of ups and downs. Also, communicate with your husband…constantly.

Best of luck for your journey!