Donor cycle experience

Hi

So we are pretty sure we will be doing a donor cycle soon. I have done so e research and decided on international donor and international donor clinic mostly due to cost. I am strafing to get cold feet. What if it does not work? What if the clinic messes up and we have no protection because it is not in the USA. I have some questions.

How many IVF’s before donor egg cycle ?
Your age at donor cycle?
Successful first time? If not how many cycles ?
Frozen donor egg or fresh?
How old was your donor ?
How many eggs, embryos did you get?
How many did you put embryos did you put back in?
Was your donor a previous successful donor ?
How many month before your donor cycle did you start the process?
Clinic you used? And would you recommend this clinic?
Any special preparation for your donor cycle ?
Cost of your donor cycle?
Any regrets?
Any advice ?

I would really appreciate as much feedback as possible.

Thanks,

Alicia

Love to see these answers from others, always good to know

How many IVF’s before donor egg cycle ? 0
Your age at donor cycle? 43
Successful first time? If not how many cycles ? Tbd
Frozen donor egg or fresh? Fresh
How old was your donor ? 26
How many eggs, embryos did you get? 15 retrieved 13 fertilized
How many did you put embryos did you put back in? 1
Was your donor a previous successful donor ? No, first time donor with 2 children
How many month before your donor cycle did you start the process? 6
Clinic you used? And would you recommend this clinic? The women’s institute, absolutely
Any special preparation for your donor cycle ? Acupuncture, fertility massage
Cost of your donor cycle? 24k with icsi plus approx 4k meds
Any regrets? None
Any advice ? So happy and relieved once we made te decision to move forward, thinking very positive

Hello Sunrise - I did international IVF donor egg cycle and my answers are below for you:

[quote=sunrisec]Hi

So we are pretty sure we will be doing a donor cycle soon. I have done so e research and decided on international donor and international donor clinic mostly due to cost. I am strafing to get cold feet. What if it does not work? What if the clinic messes up and we have no protection because it is not in the USA. I have some questions.

How many IVF’s before donor egg cycle ? One cycle, my own eggs and many IUI’s
Your age at donor cycle? 41
Successful first time? If not how many cycles ? I was successful my first time with donor egg cycle
Frozen donor egg or fresh? Fresh
How old was your donor ? 27
How many eggs, embryos did you get? 27 and all were fertilized
How many did you put embryos did you put back in? 2
Was your donor a previous successful donor ? I was her first time… :slight_smile:
How many month before your donor cycle did you start the process? I had my own egg IVF in April, lost the baby to miscarriage in June and did my donor egg cycle in August
Clinic you used? And would you recommend this clinic? Fertilite in Tijuana Mexico and YES, I would refer them and have!
Any special preparation for your donor cycle ? Honestly, no… Just ate healthy, and after the transfer ate pineapple core and cauliflower
Cost of your donor cycle? Meds for her $2500, testing for her $500, her compensation $800, my meds about $300 and my transfer $2500 - total was about $6500
Any regrets? None! I am 32 weeks pregnant with a little boy, I started off with twins and lost one right before 8 weeks
Any advice ? Go with what you feel is right, be secure in your choice and just enjoy the experience. I went into it with an attitude of if it is meant to be it will be, I took no special vitamins, no acupuncture, drank my cup of coffee a day and was at peace with whatever was going to happen… :slight_smile:

Good luck to you, and if you have ANY questions, PLEASE feel free to ask!

I would really appreciate as much feedback as possible.

Thanks,

Alicia[/quote]

Hi Alicia :slight_smile:

Most of us who’ve gone through DE IVF completely understand your nerves, fears and questions. Good for you for reaching our and asking what you’d like to know about! Here’s what I can offer…

How many IVF’s before donor egg cycle ? [COLOR=“Green”]4 half cycles where we did retrievals only as to bank all embryos on day one in order to do PGD (genetic testing) before doing any transfers. It was a heart-breaking process but taught us what we wanted to know… our own embryos were poor quality and we wanted to avoid miscarriages. (I had already had one in January of 2012.
Your age at donor cycle? [COLOR=“green”]39
Successful first time? If not how many cycles ? [COLOR=“green”]Yes, successful 1st time.
Frozen donor egg or fresh? [COLOR=“green”]Fresh
How old was your donor? [COLOR=“green”]24
How many eggs, embryos did you get? [COLOR=“green”]I don’t remember how many eggs we got but we have 4 excellent quality frosties… and hope they are still excellent quality for the future.
How many did you put embryos did you put back in? [COLOR=“green”]2
Was your donor a previous successful donor? [COLOR=“green”]We were her first donor experience and she’s been cycling with other families ever since… and has a wait list.
How many month before your donor cycle did you start the process? [COLOR=“green”]1
Clinic you used? And would you recommend this clinic? [COLOR=“green”]San Diego Fertility, 100% absolutely yes… and we live on the east coast.
Any special preparation for your donor cycle? [COLOR=“green”]Acupuncture once a week (more for peace of mind than anything else), gave up caffeine and aspartame.
Cost of your donor cycle? [COLOR=“green”]A LOT!
Any regrets? [COLOR=“green”]None at all.
Any advice? [COLOR=“green”]Do a lot of research and make sure you feel very comfortable with the doctors and staff you’re working with. I loved our doctors and staff… and that made a world of difference in my nerves. We also worked with an agency that had a donor coordinator and she was a great sounding board as well.

100% rooting for you! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thank you ladies for your feedback. I was lucky to find someone who cycled at the clinic we are thinking of and heard about the experience. I feel so much better today.

My wish I will check out the thread.

Please keep the feedback coming ladies… would love to hear more stories…

Alicia:grouphug:

I am currently in the process of searching for a donor as well so this thread is great! Feel free to PM me if you want any support. I’d love to have someone to talk with!

Hi Alicia,

I have just had an amazing donor expereince that I wanted to share :slight_smile:

Here are my answers below:

How many IVF’s before donor egg cycle ?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - none, but 5 IUIs and 3 pregnancies, 2 miscarriages and 1 Chemical
Your age at donor cycle?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - 43! old eggs :slight_smile:
Successful first time? If not how many cycles ?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - first DE cycle this month and so far successful. Three good betas showing!
Frozen donor egg or fresh?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - Fresh transfer of 2 5 day embryos rated good-good quality. We have 3 frosties as well.
How old was your donor ?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - 23, first time donor
How many eggs, embryos did you get?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - 24 eggs, 18 mature, 14 fertilized. 2 transferred and 3 more made it to freeze.
How many did you put embryos did you put back in?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - 2. We wanted the best chance at a pregnancy.
Was your donor a previous successful donor ?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - nope first time!
How many month before your donor cycle did you start the process?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - almost a year. We had a stop and start with another donor at another clinic through an agency, but the donor ultimately failed her testing. Her AMH was too low.
[COLOR=“Blue”] - San Diego Fertility Center and Dr. Hummel. LOVED them, would recommend 100%
Any special preparation for your donor cycle ?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - I had lining issues, so I did acupuncture and naturopathy for almost 6 months before the transfer. Mainly because our first cycle was cancelled or I may not have gone for this long. The combination of naturopathy and acupuncture seemed to really help my thin lining.
Cost of your donor cycle?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - I haven’t added it up yet and TBH I don;t wanna know! We are from Canada, so there were lots of added expenses for us besides the actual cycle. Also we had no coverage fer fertility meds, so that got pricey too.
Any regrets?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - absolutely none. I am the happiest I have ever been.
Any advice ?
[COLOR=“Blue”] - try not to get too hung up on finding the ‘perfect’ donor. It’s more important to find someone healthy IMO. Our donor has my colouring, but besides that really looks nothing like me, then again, I don’t think I look much like my sisters or my mother… so I am not
concerned.
[COLOR=“Blue”] - relax. Find some meditations you enjoy, do some yoga if that works for you, and sleep!
[COLOR=“Blue”] - we started with an agency, but ultimately found the coordination with a donor internal to our clinic was easier for us, being out of country. Also our clinic pre-screened their donors for antral follicle count, AMH and FSH, so even though our donor was unproven, we knew she wouldn’t be rejected for failing initial testing.

Hope this helps!
Kate

How many IVF’s before donor egg cycle ? 1
Your age at donor cycle? 40
Successful first time? If not how many cycles ? Success first try!
Frozen donor egg or fresh?fresh
How old was your donor ?26
How many eggs, embryos did you get? 13 eggs,11 fertilized
How many did you put embryos did you put back in? 2
Was your donor a previous successful donor ? yes,has one son and she did 3 previous cycles,2 were bfp.
How many month before your donor cycle did you start the process?3-4 mths
Diamond institute ,yes
Any special preparation for your donor cycle ? rest,good diet
Cost of your donor cycle? in the 20 k range
Any regrets? none except should have bypassed trying clomid
Any advice ?
Dont get hung up on the ‘perfect’ donor. Our first donor fell apart. The second one turned out to be ‘the one’. She does not really look like me,but we have some common interests.More importantly she has good health and successful prior cycles.
BEST WISHES:flower: