Donor Eggs at RMANJ

Hi Everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a few weeks, felt it was time to say Hi and introduce myself. I’m not going to bore you guys with our long history, you can see it in my signature, but my DH and I are currently waiting to be matched with an egg donor at RMANJ. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them. I’ve been with them for about 1 1/2 yrs and really like the Doctors there, but their 58% live birth rate in 2008 kinda scares me. I’m really excited to begin this journey but because of all the bad things that have happened in the past, it’s a little hard for me to stay optomistic :slight_smile: but I’m trying. I’m so glad I found this forum! Just knowing there are others out there going through the same experience is comforting.

Thanks!

Colinsmommy- :welcome: I don’t know off hand if any of the gals have used RMA- NJ, but I know I have read things about RMA. Another thread a gal was looking at using them. If I find out anymore information, I’ll be sure to pass it along. Feel free to join us on the main DE IVF II thread, lots of gals with great information, support, and humor! Also, I am so sorry for your losses.

I go to RMANJ but did my donor cycle elsewhere and just transfered the frozen embies to RMA…so far so good but they are a HUGE clinic…

Hey Duffy!

Yes, I know…RMA is soooooooooo huge, but I feel like it’s home there. I’ve been there for about a year and a half and it’s all run so smoothly. I just get nervous because their live birth rate in 2008 for donor eggs was only 58% compared with IVF NJ which was about 73%. I wonder why that is??? I really don’t want to start over with another clinic, that’s why I was looking for experiences with RMA and some reassurance :slight_smile: We’ve been on the donor waiting list since 9/29 and they said it would take about 3-4months to match us. It’s been 2 months and we’re number 12 on the list so hopefully it will be soon!

Good Luck too you!

To you too…wow so they have a waiting list huh? I did donor through RSCNJ and literally from the time I picked my donor it was 2 months to transfer…hopefully we will have success with the FET…so far though RMA has been great…

I know this thread is kinda old, but am hoping to revive it for some input from my fellow Jersey girls and DE ladies.

I’ve been on RMA’s DE wait list for over three months, and they’ve indicated that it’ll be another three months before I even have the potential of seeing donor profiles (we can’t afford agencies’ crazy fees, so in-house donor pool it is). I understand they can’t control who walks through their door to donate, but come on…we’re not looking for anything ultra specific in a donor. They could have been more upfront about the wait. And when they tell me “Oh, you won’t see anything until maybe December. Take care!” I want to scream. I feel like I’m totally being written off.

So, being super annoyed with this, I checked out IVFNJ, and they’re saying they tend to start showing profiles in a few weeks, and match generally within two months, so I could potentially be in cycle by December/Jan (when I’d just start seeing profiles from RMA).

RMA is definitely the best clinic in the area, though IVFNJ has a stellar reputation also. And, our insurance covers everything, so the out of pocket costs are comparable between the two.

I’m concerned about pulling out of RMA’s program, because they’re a great clinic, and hey, we’re halfway through the ridiculous wait (until they extend it more).

Any opinions?

I will send you a private message.

[QUOTE=happybarreness]I know this thread is kinda old, but am hoping to revive it for some input from my fellow Jersey girls and DE ladies.

I’ve been on RMA’s DE wait list for over three months, and they’ve indicated that it’ll be another three months before I even have the potential of seeing donor profiles (we can’t afford agencies’ crazy fees, so in-house donor pool it is). I understand they can’t control who walks through their door to donate, but come on…we’re not looking for anything ultra specific in a donor. They could have been more upfront about the wait. And when they tell me “Oh, you won’t see anything until maybe December. Take care!” I want to scream. I feel like I’m totally being written off.

So, being super annoyed with this, I checked out IVFNJ, and they’re saying they tend to start showing profiles in a few weeks, and match generally within two months, so I could potentially be in cycle by December/Jan (when I’d just start seeing profiles from RMA).

RMA is definitely the best clinic in the area, though IVFNJ has a stellar reputation also. And, our insurance covers everything, so the out of pocket costs are comparable between the two.

I’m concerned about pulling out of RMA’s program, because they’re a great clinic, and hey, we’re halfway through the ridiculous wait (until they extend it more).

Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

New to this !! RMA of NJ DE waiting list

We are officially on the waiting list for a donor egg at RMA. Been with them for about 3 years. Been unsuccessful in IVF and IUI. I am worried about the long wait!!! Any feedback would be helpful…:grr:

Hi Hanny! Welcome to the site.

Maybe because you’ve been with them for a while you won’t have such a long wait? We ended up switching and going with the other clinic, based solely on RMA’s unpredictable wait. But if your timeline is a bit flexible, I have/had a lot of confidence in RMA.

If you’re really concerned about the wait list, definitely ask your coordinator if she can be really open about an expected time, and explore other options. I feel like if I had known earlier that we were looking at burning six months on a waiting list I would have done some more homework.

RMA DE waitlist

It all get’s so overwhelming. I guess I thought they had a list of donors available…I think we are going to wait it out for a while,we have waited so long already trying to use other means…thanks

RMANJ DE Waitlist

[quote=hanny14]It all get’s so overwhelming. I guess I thought they had a list of donors available…I think we are going to wait it out for a while,we have waited so long already trying to use other means…thanks[/quote

Hey there. Does anyone currently know the wait list for DE at RMA NJ? I have my initial consult next month and was curious about the experience and wait.

Hello,

I have worked with RMACT for FET that was unsuccessful. I now need to start over, as I have no more frosties. RMACT had only one african american donor, who was already working with a couple. I decided to call RMAMJ and was told that the waiting list for an African American donor was 6 months. Not sure what race donor you are looking for, but that the was for AA. Needless to say, I couldn’t wait that long and working with another clinic that is a little further away, but just as good and works with the attain program.

Rma Nj

Hello, I am new to this or any forum. I have been at RMANJ for 3 IVF cycles. Currently on donor wait list since March 2012. Last phone call stated 9 months, but maybe sooner because people were dropping out due to the wait. Also, [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I just had my 3rd miscarriage. I have been ttc for many years. I am currently at RMANJ and have had 3 failed IVF cycles. None of them made it to blast. My doctor says I look great on paper and that it is an egg quality issue. I have been Vegan for about 2 years, was on wheat grass and other supplements for egg quality, exercise regularly and am in good shape. I am now 39 years old. All of the pregnancies were spontaneous, which shocks my doctor because he states my husband (of 4 years) has sperm motility issues. He has 3 children from his previous marriage (all beautifully wonderful people). All of the miscarriages were in the 6-8 week period. Always starts out normal, strong heartbeat, great lining, everything is “perfect”. Then I go for the 7 or 8 week ultrasound and there is no heartbeat. I really thought this last pregnancy was a miracle. We have been on the donor list since March 2012 and expect a donor within the next 4 months. Is there anything I can do to prepare my body for a better chance with the donor egg?[/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=cmHope2012]Hello, I am new to this or any forum. I have been at RMANJ for 3 IVF cycles. Currently on donor wait list since March 2012. Last phone call stated 9 months, but may I can do to prepare my body for a better chance with the donor egg?[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hi

Have you had a pregnancy loss panel? That might help you understand why you are miscarrying at 8 weeks. I had one done last Fall and it revealed that I had a few issues that could prevent a successful pregnancy. I started treatments and has success. However, I would not transfer DE until a panel was done. Just my opinion.

Also - have you thought about a second opinion? I did DE too however my wait was only about 1 month. From the time I finalized my donor choice to ER was about 2.5 months.

Thank you. I believe I have had a pregnancy loss panel. I have had genetic testing as well and all comes back fine. RMA is my second clinic. The testing on the fetus of the second miscarriage was a chromosonal issue.

sorry, I have been poked, proded and pricked so many times now I sometimes forget what test is for what. I have had the recurring loss panel done and everything came back normal.

It is crazy the amount of testing that we are subjected to. Wishing you the best of luck