Donor Sperm post thaw counts

Hi all -

I had my first IUI today. The nurse commented that we had super sperm. Said they rarely get sperm with 100% motility which is what we had. However, post thaw the count 4.8 million which I think sounds low. Thoughts?

I am very new to this process. I am expected to do my first IUI with donor sperm this month. So my knowledge probably isn’t that great.

I am not sure where you get your vial from, but most places that I have looked at state at least 10 million post thaw. So, you might want to look into your bank. You may be able to get a refund if you get a bfn.

Good luck, and I hope you get your BFP this month!

I spoke to the head of the Andrology after my IUI and she said the normal post wash count for ICI donor vials is 1-5 million from both CCB and Fairfax. It is hard to not get caught up in the numbers. Our RE clinic is with a large hospital on the east coast and is part of a major medical university so I do trust them. Who knows…but both the doctor,nurse and andrology supervisor said my sample was great. Who knows! I did email CCB to ask them about it as well.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize your vial was ICI. The numbers I was referring to are for IUI vials. I haven’t done any research on ICI vials and I have no idea what ideal numbers are for them post thaw.

If your RE said that you had a great sample, then I would believe them. :cross: for you that you see a bfp in 2 weeks!