Doxycycline and FET

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Dear Ladies,[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]One question for you: I noted that many of you were taking Doxycycline as part of standard IVF/FET protocol. It is not the case in my clinic: I had microbiological analysis of my cervix, including Chlamydia, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, anaerobic bacteria… – everything came back negative, so I do not take any therapy. [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Wondering is it OK approach? Maybe I should take Doxycycline just in case? What is opinion of your RE? Also, at which moment of FET cycle you were taking it?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Many thanks![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]D[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Dear_D] I had microbiological analysis of my cervix, including Chlamydia, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, anaerobic bacteria… – everything came back negative, so I do not take any therapy.[/QUOTE]

My clinic does not do the bacteria analysis, so maybe they just find it easier/cheaper to just give everyone the meds? I will start doxy 5 days before transfer.

good luck!

I also did not have any testing. They started it for four days 5 days prior to transfer.

I think most REs use it as standard because they don’t want to take even a small chance that anything might get introduced, even with sterile tools and gloved hands and whatnot. I agree it’s probably easier and cheaper than doing a bacterial culture. I don’t think it particularly makes a difference in relation to success of the FET, but it does eliminate the risk of any infection.

My clinic did it last year: one pill in the morning on transfer day and one pill in th evening on transfer day. They didn’t prescribe any this time (I just had my FET on Friday 3/8).

My RE does not use it. She said that there were absolutely no indications that it was helpful. This clinic also does not use methylprednisone which is another common one. I asked about both and her response was that they don’t prescribe things that haven’t been shown to be effective. They have a 65% success rate with FET, so I put my trust in it.

Our RE states that it is also used because we are having sex with our partners. So even if you check out ok your partner is not tested.

I agree, it is just precautionary so no infection will be there, especially if there is assisted hatching done, to make sure no infection was introduced…