Dr Zouves

Hi- Anyone have any experience with Dr. Zouves?

Hello, Nick!

Yes, we have worked with ZFC. We are about to start our second DE IVF cycle with Dr. Zouves. Our first was in 2003. His clinic is very well run, and the admin staff are very nice! Dr. Zouves is also very nice to work with, with a positive demeanor! I would recommend him and his clinic. :clap:

Hi Nick,

I have also just finished a cycle with Zouves and would highly recommend him. He is very thorough and aggressive and although I have yet to find out If i am pregnant yet, I would definitely go back to him If I need too.

Hello, sk2010!

I wish you the best with the beta on the 4th! :babydust:

Dr. Z’s devoted patient

Hi,

I am doing my second cycle with Dr. Zouves. My first produced my daughter 7 months ago. We are working on our second. He is top notch and so are his staff.

Hi Nick,

I am pregnant with twins after my first cycle of IVF with Dr. Zouves. I wholeheartedly recommend him. He and his staff are so professional and supportive. I can’t say enough good things about him. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant and have officially “graduated” to an OB, but I still email him with questions and he is always available and willing to answer any and all questions that I have.

If we had not been successful I have no doubt in my mind that we would have cycled with him again.

Good luck to you! If you choose Zouves I know you will be in good hands.

Hi Nick:

We are starting our first cycle with Dr. Zouves and have been so impressed by him and his staff so far. We did our first cycle with another clinic in the bay area and decided to switch to Dr Z after reading and hearing about how wonderful he is. I definitely think he’s more agressive than alot of the other clinics. We haven’t gotten our :bfp: yet but have been impressed with our experience.

Nelly: Hi, I can’t believe you are already 21 weeks! So wonderful!

Thanks for this thread. If our current cycle does not work, we were thinking about considering Dr. Zouves. This gives me a lot of confidence in him and his practice!

This thread has been very helpful - thank you. Could you please elaborate on how Dr. Zouves is more aggressive compared to other clinics? Also, are there other doctors in his practice that also perform procedures or is he really the main hands-on doctor? Just wondering how he can manage all of the patients on his own (or if he has a back-up in case of illness, emergency, etc.). Thanks for any info. I’ve heard only great things about his practice and am curious as to what the main differences are.

[B]bothsidesnow[/B], Dr. Z is more aggressive in that he does more testing for underlying issues (ie, clotting disorders, autoimmune disorders, etc) that may cause miscarriages or inhibit embryo implantation. If you cycle with him, you will see that he requires a TON of pre-cycle lab work. It was almost a deal breaker for us because we wanted to start right away (and the bloodwork can take a month or more to complete depending on your schedule) but so glad we stuck with him.

Dr. Z is also willing to transfer more embryos based on a number of factors. A lot of RE’s will limit a transfer to 2 embryos, no exceptions. Dr. Z looks at your age, history & embryo quality to make recommendations on how many to transfer. For us, he suggested we transfer 3 given my age (34) and history (dimished ovarian reserve–it’s possible we might not get as good a cycle if we tried again). We agreed and ended up with twins. Of course, if you only want to transfer 1 or 2 he is very open to that too.

He really is a one man show. He is the only RE there, but he has an amazing (and numerous) staff that are always available to answer questions. He is also always available by email to answer any questions you may have as well. He has a top-notch embryologist (VERY IMPORTANT) to head the lab as well. I can’t answer how he is able to manage all his patients, but somehow he does. There was only one appointment that I had with him where he was excessively late (like 40 minutes). Every other appointment, I never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes to see him.

You really do feel like only one of a handful of patients in his practice when you see him. He always knows your name (and your DH/partner’s) and your history too.

Honestly, I have no idea how he does it, but I would hate to be his wife. He is so dedicated to his practice and it really shows.

[quote=nelly1][B]bothsidesnow[/B], Dr. Z is more aggressive in that he does more testing for underlying issues (ie, clotting disorders, autoimmune disorders, etc) that may cause miscarriages or inhibit embryo implantation. If you cycle with him, you will see that he requires a TON of pre-cycle lab work. It was almost a deal breaker for us because we wanted to start right away (and the bloodwork can take a month or more to complete depending on your schedule) but so glad we stuck with him.

Dr. Z is also willing to transfer more embryos based on a number of factors. A lot of RE’s will limit a transfer to 2 embryos, no exceptions. Dr. Z looks at your age, history & embryo quality to make recommendations on how many to transfer. For us, he suggested we transfer 3 given my age (34) and history (dimished ovarian reserve–it’s possible we might not get as good a cycle if we tried again). We agreed and ended up with twins. Of course, if you only want to transfer 1 or 2 he is very open to that too.

He really is a one man show. He is the only RE there, but he has an amazing (and numerous) staff that are always available to answer questions. He is also always available by email to answer any questions you may have as well. He has a top-notch embryologist (VERY IMPORTANT) to head the lab as well. I can’t answer how he is able to manage all his patients, but somehow he does. There was only one appointment that I had with him where he was excessively late (like 40 minutes). Every other appointment, I never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes to see him.

You really do feel like only one of a handful of patients in his practice when you see him. He always knows your name (and your DH/partner’s) and your history too.

Honestly, I have no idea how he does it, but I would hate to be his wife. He is so dedicated to his practice and it really shows.[/quote]
Nelly1 - Thanks so much for describing Dr. Z’s practice and approach in so much detail. It is amazing that he is basically a one-man show. He must be extremely dedicated (and have a lot of energy!). Of course, I am hoping that my current cycle will be successful, but it is good to know that Dr. Z is a good option in case things don’t work out. We’re running out of time and money, so we might have to get more aggressive if this one doesn’t work. Congratulations on your twins! What a blessing! Thank you again for sharing this information. It was really helpful to me.

He and his practice are top notch. Excellent excellent service. He does a really good job of explaining everything as you go along and they always are prompt with answers and test results. I am on my second cycle with him and when I was trying to decide to do a second one, I felt really comfortable giving it another shot with him. He came highly recommended to me by two sets of couples (good friends of ours) we know who were successful. My issues are probably immune related and so what I needed to do for my second IVF was to take about 3 months off and prep.

Yes he does require a lot of upfront testing and some of his tests/treatments may not be mainstream, but I felt that nothing he required was something I felt uncomfortable doing and if I am spending such a large amount of money I want to cover all my bases and set myself up as much as possible for success.

Yes, and I absolutely HATE Dr. Zouves. We went in for a consultation, he began diagnosing me immediately and throwing medication at me. He put me on Metformin despite perfect weight, and hormone levels. We weren’t getting pregnant because of my husband’s varicocele. He said not to get it fixed because it would never work and it would make matters worse, and the only possible way I’d get pregnant was through IVF. My husband and I left with a really bad taste in our mouths. He got his varicocele surgery and oh, guess what, I’m pregnant naturally 6 months later.