Anyone here using donor sperm or donor egg after first going the donor embryo route?
Our first donor embryo FET resulted in a chemical loss of our babies. We are suiting up for FET #2 with the other two embies we adopted, but having had the first loss, I’m worried about worst case scenarios.
I have been most against ds (DH prefers not to go that route, but has expressed that if that’s what it takes, he will get on board). I am this next cycle works so I dont have to make this decision. But it is on the horizon simply bc of the sheer cost comparison. Every FET costs at least $5K once all is said and done (in our case legal, travel, monitoring, etc.), and from what I understand, donor IUIs are in the hudreds range. I pretty much am confident that a donor IUI would be successful, as I have a perfectly clean bill of fertility health. This is the same reason I expected the donor embryos to “take”, but I didn’t factor in the fact that about half of all conceived embies have chromosomal abnormalities that are “not compatible with life”… which is only compounded by the cost of each such attempt.
Anyway, just wondering if anyone went from donor embryos to donor sperm/egg… or if anyone went from pursuing traditional adoption to using a donor instead.