Dusting Off and Starting over... Pursing Embryo Adoption

We have decided that embryo adoption/donation is the right path for our family. I got checked out by my doctor and he said everything was good in the hood to carry a pregnancy. (I have no eggs, husband has no sperm, uterus seems to be okay) Now I’m trying to pick which agency/clinic to go with. Adoption or Donation?? I see the positives and negatives with both…

I think we might have better luck being matched by an agency because we already have one child and I read the wait list for donation is much longer. Not sure how true any of that is… the agency I talked to today told me that there were far more donated embros available then there were people looking to adopt Does that sound right?? She made it sound like we could me matched fairly soon after we complete all the hoops they make you jump through…

I would love to hear some advice, words of wisdom, successes from any of you that have been there and done that. How did you choose which to go with?? Would love to know how long it took as well…

Much Thanks!

Good Luck and fingers crossed with whichever you decide:)

Hi We did donor embryo. I am currently 35 weeks pregnant. It worked on first try. Pretty amazing, especially after 7 years of fertility treatments. Our daughter is genetically ours, and from our only sucessful IVF. After trying retrieval after retrieval for two years, I finally accepted that I needed a donor. After she turned 2, we put our names on a embryo donor list. I also looked into egg donor, as the issue is my eggs, low AMH since age 37, at.03. Husband sperm are fine. Had hired an egg donor, but she ended up quitting/flaking out right before stimulation. A couple of more searching for a donor, with no success, my name came up on the embryo donor list. This was a welcome gift. So much easier and cheaper than egg donor. More chance of success, because they were already known to be excellent quality embryos. And. It worked on first try. We never even had chance to look into embryo adoption, because donation worked for us. I am nervous and excited to see this baby. It is still odd to me, that I am carrying a child that is not genetically mine, but also incredibly grateful for this chance.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! It won’t be long now!! Well I have to say after researching… we found that we’d be way down on the list for embryo donation because we have a son and then embryo adoption was going to be around $25k we decided that using a frozen egg donor was going to be our best bet. It’s about 1/2 the price of a fresh donor cycle and cheaper then embryo adoption plus we wouldn’t have to jump through all the adoption hoops… I can’t believe how expensive agency fees are. We’ve picked out our donors about to sign a contract with the eggbank as soon as the doctor gives the okay! :smiley: So excited (and terrified)

Our kids have the same Birthday! Sept 24! :smiley:

A couple of more searching for a donor, with no success, my name came up on the embryo donor list. This was a welcome gift. So much easier and cheaper than egg donor. More chance of success, because they were already known to be excellent quality embryos. And. It worked on first try. We never even had chance to look into embryo adoption, because donation worked for us. I am nervous and excited to see this baby. It is still odd to me, that I am carrying a child that is not genetically mine, but also incredibly grateful for this chance.??

GUL