early blastocyst and/or morula transfer

Hey guys! I had my ET April 2nd and was going in with high hopes of having good grade blastocysts to transfer but unfortunately my RE told me we only had an early blast and a morula to transfer and none good enough to freeze. He said we only had a 40% chance of one or both sticking. I was very surprised because just 2 days prior our 15 embryos were fertilizing nicely and everything was on track. I was curious to hear others success stories of having either a morula or early blastocyst transferred, or of anyone else going through a similar situation currently. It’s just nice to have others to connect with during this 2WW time :slight_smile:

We had 6 that were good on day 3 (4 grade 2 and 2 grade 3 on a 1-5 scale with 1 being the best and 2 and 3 being good). By day 5 one arrested and we only had 2 blasts, but they were both graded CC. We were not given much hope for either of these. Then we had 3 early blasts that could not be graded yet. We were pretty devastated as they said our three early blasts didn’t look all that great either. They recommended putting back the best looking CC blast and the best looking early blast. None of our others made it to freeze so we didn’t have high hopes, but one of the ones we put back took. We believe based on what they told us about the CC blast and how it looked compared to our early blast that it was our early blast that took.

:cross: one or both of yours make it. :babydust: :babydust:

[QUOTE=ahhny]We had 6 that were good on day 3 (4 grade 2 and 2 grade 3 on a 1-5 scale with 1 being the best and 2 and 3 being good). By day 5 one arrested and we only had 2 blasts, but they were both graded CC. We were not given much hope for either of these. Then we had 3 early blasts that could not be graded yet. We were pretty devastated as they said our three early blasts didn’t look all that great either. They recommended putting back the best looking CC blast and the best looking early blast. None of our others made it to freeze so we didn’t have high hopes, but one of the ones we put back took. We believe based on what they told us about the CC blast and how it looked compared to our early blast that it was our early blast that took.

:cross: one or both of yours make it. :babydust: :babydust:[/QUOTE]

thank you! that definitely makes me feel better. Keeping my fingers crossed :cross:

Hi! My last cycle seems very similar to yours.

I had 15 fertilize and by day 3 I had 10 embryos going strong and my RE said that it was some of the best development I had. I was thrilled. Then on day 5, hours before my transfer, he called me to tell me that there were only 3 front runners and they were all morulas. I was devastated. I cried on the way to my appointment but quickly pulled it together because I wanted to be in a good place mentally for transfer.

We decided to transfer all 3 because of my previous failures and the fact that none of them were blasts yet. (none of the others made it to freeze)

I was told not to worry, that there are plenty of women who get pregnant with morulas but I was still worried. When we saw the photo of the embryos before transfer it looked like one was very very close to blast and that gave us a little more hope.

As you can see in my sig, I am 10 weeks pregnant now. Don’t give up hope! It can happen! After my transfer I googled and saw so many success stories from women in our exact situations. Stay positive :slight_smile:

:babydust: to you! Good luck!

[QUOTE=clarkey]Hi! My last cycle seems very similar to yours.

I had 15 fertilize and by day 3 I had 10 embryos going strong and my RE said that it was some of the best development I had. I was thrilled. Then on day 5, hours before my transfer, he called me to tell me that there were only 3 front runners and they were all morulas. I was devastated. I cried on the way to my appointment but quickly pulled it together because I wanted to be in a good place mentally for transfer.

We decided to transfer all 3 because of my previous failures and the fact that none of them were blasts yet. (none of the others made it to freeze)

I was told not to worry, that there are plenty of women who get pregnant with morulas but I was still worried. When we saw the photo of the embryos before transfer it looked like one was very very close to blast and that gave us a little more hope.

As you can see in my sig, I am 10 weeks pregnant now. Don’t give up hope! It can happen! After my transfer I googled and saw so many success stories from women in our exact situations. Stay positive :slight_smile:

:babydust: to you! Good luck![/QUOTE]

That is so great! I am praying my story ends up like yours :pray:

Never give up hope. I have 12 fert and had to transfer on day three. I had two rather fragmented embryos that were rated 4/5 and 5 was the worst. I had zero freeze. The outlook looked rather bleak. They were not those beautiful “flower” looking 8 celled embryos that you’d like to see. You can see from my signature that both of those “imperfect” embryos implanted. One vanished but the other is a beautiful little 13 month old boy sleeping in my arms all perfect and cuddly on a wonderful Sunday. My point…I left transfer with the attitude that I was out of commission. I was sure it was over. Then I read stories like this and realized we have zero control over this outcome. Just think positive and enjoy the possibility…good luck and best wishes. May your every dream come true!!! I’ll put you in my prayers! :pray:

[QUOTE=Laurattc]Never give up hope. I have 12 fert and had to transfer on day three. I had two rather fragmented embryos that were rated 4/5 and 5 was the worst. I had zero freeze. The outlook looked rather bleak. They were not those beautiful “flower” looking 8 celled embryos that you’d like to see. You can see from my signature that both of those “imperfect” embryos implanted. One vanished but the other is a beautiful little 13 month old boy sleeping in my arms all perfect and cuddly on a wonderful Sunday. My point…I left transfer with the attitude that I was out of commission. I was sure it was over. Then I read stories like this and realized we have zero control over this outcome. Just think positive and enjoy the possibility…good luck and best wishes. May your every dream come true!!! I’ll put you in my prayers! :pray:[/QUOTE]

thank you! congratulations on your son. It’s hard to stay positive but all of your stories are really helping

[QUOTE=Lexus_21]Hey guys! I had my ET April 2nd and was going in with high hopes of having good grade blastocysts to transfer but unfortunately my RE told me we only had an early blast and a morula to transfer and none good enough to freeze. He said we only had a 40% chance of one or both sticking. I was very surprised because just 2 days prior our 15 embryos were fertilizing nicely and everything was on track. I was curious to hear others success stories of having either a morula or early blastocyst transferred, or of anyone else going through a similar situation currently. It’s just nice to have others to connect with during this 2WW time :-)[/QUOTE]

Lexus be positive…we transferred 2 good blasts in our fresh cycle and ended up with a negative…then we again tried with our single frozen embie and we were told we only have 40% chance and guess what? I am 7 wks pregnant now! So don’t lose hope and keep d faith ,! :pray:

[QUOTE=hope_adbhut]Lexus be positive…we transferred 2 good blasts in our fresh cycle and ended up with a negative…then we again tried with our single frozen embie and we were told we only have 40% chance and guess what? I am 7 wks pregnant now! So don’t lose hope and keep d faith ,! :pray:[/QUOTE]

Thank you :slight_smile: Good luck on your next ultrasound!

On our most recent cycle, we only had 1 “very early” blast to transfer. It was highly fragmented, and given a “grade 4” by our lab, which is the worst grade they give. It looked nothing like those pretty blasts that you see, and instead was just a big mess of cells. Needless to say, after 10 years of failures we didn’t expect much. We’re now 32 weeks pregnant and looking forward to meeting our little girl soon :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MDH_DH]On our most recent cycle, we only had 1 “very early” blast to transfer. It was highly fragmented, and given a “grade 4” by our lab, which is the worst grade they give. It looked nothing like those pretty blasts that you see, and instead was just a big mess of cells. Needless to say, after 10 years of failures we didn’t expect much. We’re now 32 weeks pregnant and looking forward to meeting our little girl soon :)[/QUOTE]

That is so great, congratulations! my morula and early blast looked like a big clump of messy cells too, but I’m still praying for the best!