Ectopic

Hi ladies,
I am writing this in hopes to relieve some of my sorrow. On friday I had surgery becasue I had a 7cm cyst by my left ovary and they also couldnt find out where my pregnancy was located. I should have been 8 weeks but for the last 2 weeks I was told the pregnancy was non-viable becasue my HCG never got above 300 and flatlined there. It also never started decreasing either and I never actually miscarried. So I went in for a d&c on friday and an exploratory laporascopic surgery to see what the cyst was and to see if there was an ectopic pregnancy. Well the pregnancy was ectopic and quite large but the cyst was blocking it on the u/s and thats why they couldnt see it. They ended up having to open me up just like a c-section because of massive scarring from my endometriosis. So here I am 4 days after surgery trying to heal but its really hard. I also have a 14 month old from IVF and I can’t even pick him up cause he weighs too much. I just want to extend my prayers to any momma out there going through an ectopic and also to tell you to push your doctors. My doctor was going to just “wait and see” about the cyst at first but now says my tube would have ruptured if we hadnt done surgery as soon as we did. hugs and prayers to everyone!!!

I just wanted to extend my support to you. I know it must be sad to have an ectopic but glad they caught it before it ruptured. I hope you heal quickly and enjoy your 14 month old in the mean time.

Thank God the cyst did not rapture. Take it from that point of view. Also, if it didn’t mean to be, thank God it finished at that point and not when you were 4 or 5 months pregnant. Thank God you have a healrhy boy and God willing you will expand your family when the time comes.
Did you have the cyst even before the transfer?

Take care of yoyrself and enjoy the little one you have:)

I had a ruptured ectopic and that pain was excruciating. I didn’t even know I was pregnant until it ruptured. I am so sorry for your loss. I’m glad they were able to find it in time.

I would like to tell you how very sorry I am for your loss. I, too, had an ectopic in December of last year. I was about 8 weeks pregnant, and my tube did rupture…I was extremely lucky and I also have a beautiful 2 year old little girl. The pain was awful, but nothing compares to the emotional roller coaster you are on. In just a few short months I went from being pregnant and expanding my family, to finding out my other tube was useless and would not get me pregnant! So on to IVF… I just wanted to let you know, you’re not alone and thank goodness they found it and you are okay!! You have a precious little one to take care of!!! Hugs your way…and fast healing!

Thank you all for the support. I am extremly greatful that they found it before it ruptured. I am however sad that this might be the end for us. I did IVF for both my pregnancys because we knew my tubes didnt work to begin with but now to know they almost cost me my life, that is a chance we are not willing to take. The reason it almost took my life was because not only did the tubes rupture but the cyst was hemmorhagic and I bled, alot and went into DIC. DIC if you dont know what it means is a very dangerous clotting disorder where you bleed and clot at the same time. So, I guess thats why I’m really sad. I am lucy to have the son I have and will try to focus on that but really wanted a bigger family but then again I guess we dont always get what we want.

Cosmopolitan- no that cyst wasnt there when I did my IVF but it also wasnt there a week before when we had another u/s. The same u/s where they missed or couldnt see the ectopic.

Again, Thank you ladies for the support I truly appreciate it!!! Good luck to all of you as well.