Eeekkk - not sure what to think about transfer

Ok, I am needing some advice/encouragement here!

So I got in today for my 3dt and have 2 beautiful embabies. One is a grade 1 (1 is best) 8 cell, and other is grade 2 10 cell (had a little bit of fragmentation).

They got the catheter in place, had a nice triple stripe and everything. They called the lab to bring in the embabies, and when they got in position, he went to push the plunger and he felt some resisitance - note we never saw the bright spot like I did last time when my embabies were released to my uterus. They go check the catheter where they were and none there, they check the outer catheter and not there either. They see 2 spots on my endometruim where they should be but he is a little nervous as he was not 100% they were my embabies, but they were not there before the transfer. Both him and the embriologist thought they were my embababies, but he was acting a little weird. I know he felt bad that it was not the perfect transfer, should I be worried?

I know if I don’t end up :preg: I am going to try and talk him into a discount or something as this was not the picture perfect transfer and he has no guarentee the embabies are where they are supposed to be!

:pray: for :bfp:

Jenn

oh wow! I am so sorry this happened. I am sure I would be freaked out too. No idea what to tell you, but :cross:!

Oh No that is terrible.

If they saw something then something must be there… I would defintely ask for a discount… If you dont get pregnant…

:pray: :pray:

I’m so sorry that this happened. I think that you saw them and if they checked everywhere and they were not there that they are in there. :pray: that you will be able to tell this story to them of their first game of hide and seek! :bsv:

[quote=NYHOPEA]Oh No that is terrible.

If they saw something then something must be there… I would defintely ask for a discount… If you dont get pregnant…

:pray: :pray:[/quote]
He said it could be an air bubble, but I am praying that there were not two air bubbles there and that it was what it is supposed to be.

Heartsick - you totally just made me smile for the first time since I left the clinic! I pray your right and that this is their first game of hide and seek. These were the best embabies I have had yet, so I was really positive this was going to be my cycle.

When you say they thought they were the embabies, did they say I think those are it or did they say those were the embabies. I am just asking because i would not only be asking for a discount if I don’t get pregnant I would be asking for my money back from the cycle too.

He took pics on the ultrasound and showed me that he thought they were. He wouldn’t say for sure because he didn’t see them come out of the catheter. He says he can’t say for 100% certainty as we didn’t see them. The embriologist thought so too!

This is actually an insurance cycle - but its my last! I am probably going to ask them to not bill my insurance for most if not all (cuz if you mess up the transfer the whole thing is basically a goner, right?) and then ask them to donate some meds to me if I have to do it again as this was my last cycle where my meds were covered…

I have to stay positive and think positive thoughts! I am PUPO and hopefully won’t be proven otherwise! He said it was the first time that the eggs released without the plunger being released in his whole career and was surprized as last time the transfer was super smooth and with my IUIs I never had issues!

[quote=Jennjack11]Ok, I am needing some advice/encouragement here!

So I got in today for my 3dt and have 2 beautiful embabies. One is a grade 1 (1 is best) 8 cell, and other is grade 2 10 cell (had a little bit of fragmentation).

They got the catheter in place, had a nice triple stripe and everything. They called the lab to bring in the embabies, and when they got in position, he went to push the plunger and he felt some resisitance - note we never saw the bright spot like I did last time when my embabies were released to my uterus. They go check the catheter where they were and none there, they check the outer catheter and not there either. They see 2 spots on my endometruim where they should be but he is a little nervous as he was not 100% they were my embabies, but they were not there before the transfer. Both him and the embriologist thought they were my embababies, but he was acting a little weird. I know he felt bad that it was not the perfect transfer, should I be worried?

I know if I don’t end up :preg: I am going to try and talk him into a discount or something as this was not the picture perfect transfer and he has no guarentee the embabies are where they are supposed to be!

:pray: for :bfp:

Jenn[/quote]

That would make me uneasy. Hope you get your BFP!!
If you don’t, I would be skeptical about his lack of skill.

[QUOTE=Jennjack11]Heartsick - you totally just made me smile for the first time since I left the clinic! I pray your right and that this is their first game of hide and seek. These were the best embabies I have had yet, so I was really positive this was going to be my cycle.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I am a firm believer in thinking positive. Plus if feels better to think positive than negative and it’s the same outcome. So don’t waste any energy on worry, just enjoy this time and dream of the babies that you will be bringing home.

IF… and a BIG if this cycle does not work out then you can discuss what type or retribution you deserve.

:pray: :pray: for your embabies.