Egg Donation Agencies in Southern California?

We just discovered that our RE, who has an in-house program, does not currently have any Asian donors. They suggest that we start looking at agencies as it will be quicker for us to find a donor that way than wait for one to come to their program. Has anyone worked with an agency in Southern California that they would recommend? Also, any input as to agency costs would be appreciated. The RE really hedged with us on that and we’d like to have an idea so we don’t go into total sticker shock!

Hi RegH: We used Donor Source for our donor agency. They’re a big agency but are hands-on the whole process. We searched several agencies for the right ethnic asian donor match. Very difficult, either no asian matches, or agency was too difficult to work with. Donor Source, in Irvine, CA, has a number of asian donors. Donna Raidy is the contact coordinator in the So. California area. She’s very compassionate and extremely involved. Agency fees range from 6-7k. First time donor fee is 5500k - 6500K.

We had three donors, one was a no-show, the other was disqualified right before stims, our third donor was a gem. I’m currently in the 2ww. When our 2nd donor failed, we were not subjected to re-pay any agency/legal fees. Also, this agency allows you to send donor to your RE, FIRST, for an initial physical before commiting financially. Not the case w/ the majority of other agencies. Typically the agency collects the fees upfront, then you select the donor, if donor doesn’t work out for any reason, agency fee is non-refundable. You’re obligated to wait for the right donor to come thru the agency. This doesn’t make sense particularly if you’re looking for an ethnic donor where the pool of candidates is low.

Best to you and hope this helps.

[quote=Bibingka]Hi RegH: We used Donor Source for our donor agency. They’re a big agency but are hands-on the whole process. We searched several agencies for the right ethnic asian donor match. Very difficult, either no asian matches, or agency was too difficult to work with. Donor Source, in Irvine, CA, has a number of asian donors. Donna Raidy is the contact coordinator in the So. California area. She’s very compassionate and extremely involved. Agency fees range from 6-7k. First time donor fee is 5500k - 6500K.

We had three donors, one was a no-show, the other was disqualified right before stims, our third donor was a gem. I’m currently in the 2ww. When our 2nd donor failed, we were not subjected to re-pay any agency/legal fees. Also, this agency allows you to send donor to your RE, FIRST, for an initial physical before commiting financially. Not the case w/ the majority of other agencies. Typically the agency collects the fees upfront, then you select the donor, if donor doesn’t work out for any reason, agency fee is non-refundable. You’re obligated to wait for the right donor to come thru the agency. This doesn’t make sense particularly if you’re looking for an ethnic donor where the pool of candidates is low.

Best to you and hope this helps.[/quote]

Thanks so much- I’ll check them out. Did you look at eggdonation.com by any chance (they are in Studio City)?

If the donor does not work out, do they still get paid their fee? Seems like they shouldn’t, right?

Good luck with your 2WW!!!:bsv:

[quote=RegH]Thanks so much- I’ll check them out. Did you look at eggdonation.com by any chance (they are in Studio City)?

If the donor does not work out, do they still get paid their fee? Seems like they shouldn’t, right?

Good luck with your 2WW!!!:bsv:[/quote]

Hi Reg: Yes, I checked eggdonation.com. I believe they, too, have a non-refundable fee policy. I’m glad I could share my experience. I checked out about 8 agencies. I went with Donor Source for a number of reasons, one being, that my RE had an excellent working relationship in terms of donor/IP cycle coordination. And, of course, their fee policy. Best to you.

I used The Donor Source. I would have saved alot of money had I used one from my RE office but I found a girl at The Donor Source that was a perfect match for me. Good Luck!