Egg Freezing News, in case anyone missed it

Hey everyone, here’s some news on egg freezing.

Opinion: Women, consider freezing your eggs - CNN.com

I’ve been following the issue for awhile and its only recently become viable. Its too bad the technology wasn’t available sooner. It’s pretty much too late for all of us here in the forums, but it could be a helpful recommendation to friends who want to delay reproduction.

I wish they had this flash freezing 10 years ago. I would have frozen all my eggs for later use. I never had any embryos make it to freeze when I was much younger. Thankfully I have 3 embryos frozen at age 39. My clinic uses the flash freeze process now with a near 100% thaw success. I am praying that my golden egg is in those 3 for the completion of my family. I hope other women can make their dreams come true!

The sad part of all the reproductive technology is the price and most insurances do not cover…so when we should be freezing our eggs, ect, we can’t because of cost. DH brought up the topic recently…would you have your teenage kids do this?? Ideally this is when everything is healthiest. DH includes males in this since he had cancer and had he frozen any before the cancer, we may have had a better chance at children. Interesting…glad that reproductive technology is getting more media attention.

[QUOTE=AnastasiaC]The sad part of all the reproductive technology is the price and most insurances do not cover…so when we should be freezing our eggs, ect, we can’t because of cost. DH brought up the topic recently…would you have your teenage kids do this?? Ideally this is when everything is healthiest. DH includes males in this since he had cancer and had he frozen any before the cancer, we may have had a better chance at children. Interesting…glad that reproductive technology is getting more media attention.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that’s a good point. I know my wife and I would have had a tricky time raising the funds to do an egg retrieval and freeze while we were in college, but then again, our fertility problems came around the age of 25 after a nasty abdominal surgery. I think a lot of people who are setting off on careers at the age of 30 would certainly have the cash for this kind of thing.

If I have a daughter one day, I would gladly front her the cash to have her eggs frozen so that she’ll have “reproductive insurance,” so to speak.

I just got selected to do a case study involving this.
I start my stim meds on April 19th and its all the same as my previous IVF cycles except when they retrieve my eggs, they are going to “flash freeze” them for 1 hour and then thaw and fertilize, and put back 3-5 days later …hopefully this works!!

Feel so blessed to be given this case study since its free for the patient. The clinic I am going to needs to have 6 or more women get pregnant from this before they can openly offer this service!! I am praying to god that I am one of the 6 or more! :slight_smile: