Egg retrieval & follow up

I had my first ER yesterday 3/4, I haven’t heard anything back yet from the clinic. Do most of you get phone calls and updates daily. They said they would be calling me yesterday and nothing I am so disappointed with my clinics communication.
I also ended up with having to have them frozen because of the fluid in my uterus. I know absolutley nothing about a frozen transfer. Do you typically have to wait a few months? And are there more meds involved??

All I know is they retrieved 5 eggs. That is all. DH left his sample. Really upsetting.

Most clinics will call the next day to let you know how many fertilized. I would call them and ask how many fertilized.

As for the FET, different clinics have different protocols and wait times.

Hang in there! I don’t think the clinics know just how long of a wait it is for us!!

My clinic did call everyday but my nurse tends to call at the end of the day after their clinic closes so you may just have to wait a little longer for your phone call. I know that I was not told anything my first IVF on the day of ER about fertilization…I only knew that they recovered 4 eggs!

You’re not alone feeling like you need more communication! :grouphug:

Thanks for the responses. I am just upset and feeling really emotional. Not sure if its from all the hormones or what. But I came back to work today and just feel so down and out. Yuck

I was called the day after ER with the fertilization report (and to schedule ET), that was the only call I recieved regarding embryos. :cross: that you hear some good news soon and that your FET goes well. The waiting is such a hard part of IF/IVF.

DreaNVagas
All clinics are different my clinic called me that very same day to let ne know how many eggs were retrieved my ER was that morning st 9 and I received a call about 1 pm that day. As far the FET cycle as stated by the other poster it depends on the RE , MY scheduled Transfer date was either the 19th of Feb or the 21st because I had the OHSS IT WAS postponed until April…I had to wait until April because I had to wait for my cycle in March…

Hope this helps GL

Worried about OHSS

Ladies, I need your expertise.

So I had ER on Sunday and have had much pain since The vicodin did not work for me. So Sunday was a difficult day. Monday was better by about 50% so I decided that I would not take any more meds that were not going to work anyway.Tuesday, Today I feel better ovary pain wise but I still have not had a BM, and I am getting more swollen. I would not say I was skinny before, but at 5’8 I was around 140-150 I had most of my weight in my belly and I had enough to pinch to give myself all those shots! Haha Well as I look at my belly I no longer have that extra to pinch of muffin top over my pants. My belly is hard and it is hurting more to stand up straight. I just started noticing this today. I am not having problems with breathing or shortness of breath so I don’t think it is full on. I just took a photo an asked my best friend, do I normally look this fat, and after we laughed about it so agreed that no I don’t normally.

So you think I should just wait till morning or call the late line for the RE.

[QUOTE=HeartSick4Girl]Ladies, I need your expertise.

So I had ER on Sunday and have had much pain since The vicodin did not work for me. So Sunday was a difficult day. Monday was better by about 50% so I decided that I would not take any more meds that were not going to work anyway.Tuesday, Today I feel better ovary pain wise but I still have not had a BM, and I am getting more swollen. I would not say I was skinny before, but at 5’8 I was around 140-150 I had most of my weight in my belly and I had enough to pinch to give myself all those shots! Haha Well as I look at my belly I no longer have that extra to pinch of muffin top over my pants. My belly is hard and it is hurting more to stand up straight. I just started noticing this today. I am not having problems with breathing or shortness of breath so I don’t think it is full on. I just took a photo an asked my best friend, do I normally look this fat, and after we laughed about it so agreed that no I don’t normally.

So you think I should just wait till morning or call the late line for the RE.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing… Hydrate thoroughly… Apply a heating pad if you have one… I literally woke up today, (I had my ER on Friday) and my flat abs were back… Almost like a magic trick. If you have a scale, weigh yourself in the mornings… As long as you’re not gaining 5lbs in two days or something crazy like that, then most likely, you are good!

With all that said… Only YOU know your ody and your limits.

Oh, and regarding the constipation… I ended up taking Miralax and it definitely helped too.

Thanks Eeek, I am drinking water and got the heating pad!! I am just praying that this does not postpone my transfer on Friday. I don’t have a scale where I am staying during home renovation but will go weigh tomorrow.