Egg transfer today they put all 5 eggs back in

Ok so today me and hubby went in for egg transfer and you can imagine my surprise when the embryoligist suggested we put back all five!! I was so taken back that i needed a minute to talk to my husband. I was hoping to freeze a couple but they said that not all of them will take… been researching and cant find anything… I had 4x8 cell which 3 were in good shape and 1x6cell only one of the 8 cells had very little fragmentation but he said the other three were good quality and so was the 6 cell. They did assisted hatching on all five… now i have blocked tubes and had a septum removed from my uterus and hubby has no mf so im shocked they wanted all 5 back in… especially with the 4 8 cell embryos in good quality… I am 38 and hubby is 30 please help did i make a bad judgement for letting them put back all 5???

No offense but that seems incredibly reckless of your dr. On day 3 you want 6-8 cells. He put back in 5 good embryos! I still only had two embryos put backin and they were four and five cell. That’s is so crazy. I think the rule of thumb is 1-2 under 35 and 2-3 embryos 35. I think that dr could honestly get in serious legal trouble, it’s not safe to have multiples. It’s can harm you and the babies.

hi, just wanted to reach out. When I was 38, I had 3 put in on day 3 and only one took. I didnt have any of the medical challenges you mentioned, blocked tubes etc. The key thing is that it was day 3 correct? It would be very different if it were day 5. You are going to be fine, and hopefully at least one will survive!!! good luck , I just had a 5 day transfer today of 3 good embies, so we are in the same 2ww!!! take it easy tonight

Well, they are in now, so I am not why posting things to scare her is necessary!

Five is a lot, but your doc may be seeing that some of them are not as high of a grade as the others. While it is true that they want 8 cells on day three, the embryos are graded on two different levels. Did you get both grades?

Since you didn’t post an in-depth history, do you have any other info that you can share so we can help you?

I hope all is well! You are PUPO so enjoy! :grouphug:

[QUOTE=sunnymomtobe]hi, just wanted to reach out. When I was 38, I had 3 put in on day 3 and only one took. I didnt have any of the medical challenges you mentioned, blocked tubes etc. The key thing is that it was day 3 correct? It would be very different if it were day 5. You are going to be fine, and hopefully at least one will survive!!! good luck , I just had a 5 day transfer today of 3 good embies, so we are in the same 2ww!!! take it easy tonight[/QUOTE]

ya it is a three day transfer… AND congrads on your 2ww i hope your taking it easy also keep me posted on your jourmey :bsv: i wonder why they didnt ask if i wanted to go to five they gave me a dvd on my eggs from when they retireved them and when all the way up today and i must say they looked pretty awesome !! :bsv:

if they were better quality or if you had more you would have gone to 5 days. Its such a unknown gamble-for instance I had 13 on day 3, by day 5 only 8 were good enuf, and from the 8 they picked the 3 best. Since you had less numbers, they have a better chance in you, then in a dish in a lab. Its all going to be fine, there is no way they would have put you in harms way. Plus you are 38, the other girl who responded was in her 20s. Have you ever seen the charts with our ages and stats? Just dont look at the diff betw 38 and 40 cause you will freak out. They told me they would have def done 4 or 5 if it were day 3 at my age.

[QUOTE=hopefloats]Well, they are in now, so I am not why posting things to scare her is necessary!

Five is a lot, but your doc may be seeing that some of them are not as high of a grade as the others. While it is true that they want 8 cells on day three, the embryos are graded on two different levels. Did you get both grades?

Since you didn’t post an in-depth history, do you have any other info that you can share so we can help you?

I hope all is well! You are PUPO so enjoy! :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Well they only thing they told me is that 3 of my eight cells looked very good and my other 8 is of good quality and the 6 cell was also ok they said that they were grade 3 on day two with the report im not sure how they graded cause some do letters and other numbers so go forward and othrs backwards this is my first ivf so i figured i follow my dr advice :frowning: my medical history is i was preg naturally in 99 miscarried at 11 weeks (they said it might have been the septum they found that went straight down the top of my uterus to the cervix they said i was born like that rare but happens but last year in october i had it completely removed and now no trace of it. no other than that…

I just turned 40 and no known problems with DH or I. My last cycle they put back 3 and none took. There were 4 others left and only 1 made it to freeze. My re didn’t offer day five transfer because I did not have enough very good quality embryos. Relax and try not to stress!!!

The embryologist usually has good judgement and doesn’t want to put you or the babies at risk!!

Keep us posted!!!

This question is for me… Did you have any other failed ivf or fet cycles?

[QUOTE=aryan39]I just turned 40 and no known problems with DH or I. My last cycle they put back 3 and none took. There were 4 others left and only 1 made it to freeze. My re didn’t offer day five transfer because I did not have enough very good quality embryos. Relax and try not to stress!!!

The embryologist usually has good judgement and doesn’t want to put you or the babies at risk!!

Keep us posted!!!

This question is for me… Did you have any other failed ivf or fet cycles?[/QUOTE]

No this is my first ivf cycle and i never did FET let me tell you it has been one i will never forget… Its almost as if cant believe i have gotten this far. I pray every night that all us ladies that have to endure this physical and emotional and spiritual battle that we all get what we are striving for…:bsv: to everyone

Keep us posted I really hope it works. I’m thinking they only really graded 3 and the others were poor…that’s why they put back all of them. Try not to stress over the 5 and what’s meant to be will be!:pray: :bsv:

I think that they probably made this decision because they suspected that at least 2 of them would not make it to day five. Given your age it is unlikely that all 3 of the ‘good’ ones will be genetically normal. I think your RE and embryologist did what they thought would give you the absolute best chance at a pregnancy. Good Luck!!