Embryo transfer and had blood test

hi all
i am 9 days past embryo transfer and had blood test today. my hcg was 9 and progesterone 21. doctor has asked me to do blood test again on monday to see if the levels go up. i am already anxious and now my period started. it is 27th day of my cycle today and that’s when i usually get my period. it starts with light bleeding that gets darker and i see the same light colored bleeding right now. i also feel a little temperature. has anyone experienced this? what are the hcg and progesterone levels on 9dp5et if pregnant for sure? i have read that it could be implantation bleeding but i dont think it is that light and low.
feeling very down and any response will be really appreciated. :pray:

Isnt it a bit early to test on day 9?
I will ve honest with you and tell you that last time when I had chemical, I started with very light and dark colour bleeding. I felt temperature in my hands and feet. Although the first number was 83, I knew it wasnt good.2 days after it dropped to 41, then 23, then 3. I was thankful that it wasn’t ectopic.

Hope will be ok.

at 14dpt my RE wanted between 50 and 100. So at 12 it should be between 25 and 50 and at 10 days 12.5 and 25…so I dont think you are far off. I agree 9dpt is to early to test. The important thing is that the number doubles in 48-72hrs. Dont get your hopes down, but just wait patiently. Fingers crossed

thanks very much for the replies. will try to relax but it’s difficult, esp. during a weekend. :cross: :pray:

Today at 12dp5et the HCG is 29. Had 2 embryos transferred. HCG seems low.
Has anyone had such low levels and yet successful pregnancies?

Hi Daisyduck. What day transfer was it? (3 day or 5 day). I always get tested at 10 days after a 5 day transfer, so 9 days isn’t too early for a 5 day transfer. The numbers do seem a little low, but they are doubling, so that’s good. As you can see in my siggy, my numbers were lowish and never even got close to doubling, but I am 14w1d pregnant. I also had very slight spotting at around 8 days after the transfer, which they think was implantation bleeding. Good luck and I hope that your numbers continue to rise. I think right now it could go either way.

I had a 5 day transfer with 2 embryos… One grade A and one grade B. Today is day 12 after the transfer and am still at 29. I have to to another blood test on Thursday that is day 15 after transfer. How do you know it’s a chemical pregnancy? I am really tensed now. IVF is not covered by insurance too.
:cross:

[QUOTE=daisyduck]I had a 5 day transfer with 2 embryos… One grade A and one grade B. Today is day 12 after the transfer and am still at 29. I have to to another blood test on Thursday that is day 15 after transfer. How do you know it’s a chemical pregnancy? I am really tensed now. IVF is not covered by insurance

I had 2 different experiences; first one, my initial beta was 3. I considered it over and didnt test for the second…my period came snd one day after it wad finished, I started bleeding fresh blood. I did beta and it was 575. I was so scared of ectopic! Thank God the numbers dropped down quickly but took me 3 months to get my period.
Second one was indicated by slight bleeding before first beta that wad 83. However I had a headache and felt slight temperature. I knew it wasn’t good. And really 2 days after it dropped to 41 and grafually to 0. I got ny petiod normally after that.
So as you can see, all different cases.

I hope your case will be successful.

So 9dp5dt u were 9 and 12dp5dt you’re 28 ? If that’s so you are rising appropriately every 48 hours don’t throw in the towel there’s a lady in a group I belong to who had a beta of 5 at 8dp5dt and has a healthy girl from that

Oh, that’s great. Glad to know that. I have another blood test on Thursday to see how it progresses. My RE said it could go either way and I should be ready for good and bad, both. Doctors give facts but it’s nice to know the real experiences. I am so glad I joined this group.

Finally today, 15 days past transfer, my hcg dropped to 11 from 29. My RE asked me to stop suppositories and wait for the period. I feel so devastated. Endless journey. :grr:

I know it’s not easy. I have been there, but thank God it wasn’t ectopic. If you haven’t, check your immunology with a good reproductive immunologist (if you had losses or chemicals before)

Have never been pregnant before. Have been TTC for 5 yrs. Clomid cycles failed and 4 IUIs failed. This was my first IVF :frowning:

Hi Cosmopolitan… Can you tell me a bit more abt immunology test? What do they do and what do they test?