Embryo transfer

Hi all! Judging from experienced things embryo transfer procedure is almost the same in every clinic. Depending on a situation they will select between one and three of the best quality embryos and then transfer them to your womb. An embryo must successfully attach itself to the wall of the womb for pregnancy to begin. So they’ll tell you continue taking needed meds.
The exact procedure for embryo transfer depends on the clinic you are in. If you are under the age of 40, one or two embryos can be replaced. If you are 40 or over, a maximum of three embryos can be used. (Unless you are using donated eggs, when the maximum is two because these eggs will be from donors who are not older than 35).
If you have good quality embryos, those that are not transferred can be frozen. Some clinics may also offer blastocyst transfer, where embryos are transferred five to six days after fertilization. We had a shot IVF with donor eggs with 2 nice 5-day blasts transferred, got BFP. (Our Biotexcom clinic is in Ukraine, Kiev).
The doctor or nurse doing the embryo transfer inserts a speculum into your vagina. A catheter is passed through the cervix, normally using ultrasound guidance. The embryos are passed down the tube into the womb. This is normally a pain-free procedure and usually no sedation is necessary. But you may experience a little discomfort because you need a full bladder if ultrasound is used. It is generally recommended that you lead a gentle lifestyle during the few days after embryo transfer.
About two weeks after the embryo transfer, you will be given a pregnancy blood test. Seems that’s all on the point. Wish you all the best of luck with your ET procedures! Fingers crossed XX

also with biotexcom, surrogacy with own eggs. we’ve came back from Kiev just 5 days ago. I was there for eggs retrieval. They got 4 A quality blastocysts, two transferred, two frozen. gosh,it’s our tww. how to survive?

Fingers crossed for you! Any news by now? How are your peas doing? What are the next steps? I heard couples are able to meet their surrogate during the 1st scan. What are your plans if you don’t mind me asking. Hope, you’re well. Hugs X

Hello, Samantha. How r u? I’ve been updating on our news in the other thread here. Believe it or not, but our surrogate got pregnant after the very first attempt of fertilization. They did ultrasound a few days before New Year and found only one embryo that stuck (out of two that have been transferred).
as to meeting the surro, it seems it’s impossible to meet her during the 1st scan. they told us that the soonest we can meet her is our 12th week scan. we’re already figuring out our next trip to Kiev

Hi girls! We’ve also had de ivf in Ukrainian biotexcom. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most.

I had de ivf in 2014. I’ve got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We had 2 attempts in general. Our doctor knows her job very well! We have no complains. Thanks to her professionalism I have my precious daughters.

We asked our doctor to find egg donor, who will have same features as I have. I consider my girls as my own. I’m their mother. I carried them and gave them birth. I don’t even think about the procedure or donor.

Have you tried elective single-embryo transfer (eSET)? It is a procedure in which one embryo, selected from a larger number of available embryos, is placed in the uterus or fallopian tube. The embryo selected for eSET might be from a previous IVF cycle. Or from the current fresh IVF cycle that yielded more than one embryo. The remaining embryos may be set aside for future use or cryopreservation. eSET helps women avoid several risks to their own health that are associated with carrying multiples. It also helps families achieve success while preventing some risks. Especially those known to be associated with giving birth to twins or what is called “high order multiple births’. This is when three or more children born at the same time. Infants born in multiple births are more often born early are smaller. They also experience more adverse health outcomes than singleton infants. There is consensus among experts that the desired outcome of ART is a healthy singleton infant. This is one of the upcoming technological advancement. You can read more about it. It has higher success rate than any other.