Endo and ovarian function

Hi everyone,

I had a lap in October to remove 4 endometriomas, after a failed IUI in August, then a cycle with pain throughout the cycle led us to find the endometriomas. Diagnosed with stage IV.

Since my lap, my cycles have gotten SHORT - my RE says it’s a sign of issues with ovarian function. I’m clearly developing the follicles very early (last cycle - 14mm on day 4), they’re growing too fast (that one grew 11mm in two days), and then I’m not getting an LH surge when they’re the right size (my LH was a 7 when I had three follies at 22, 25, and 31). And now apparently also a luteal phase defect (was 7 days last cycle).

sigh She started talking about donor eggs (sort of - I’m married to a lovely women who would likely be the donor, so it’s called Partner Assisted Reproduction and is not AT ALL covered by insurance).

She says she’s not sure I’m even producing quality eggs… She blames the endo, says my ovaries are just experiencing too much trauma from the endo.

This cycle, we’ll monitor and trigger and add progesterone… next cycle we’ll add clomid. After that, FSH for two cycles, then insurance will cover IVF.

Anyone here have experience with improving ovarian function somehow?

Hi-I’m glad I found this post! I too have endo, and as soon after I had my lap my cycles went nuts. Luteal phase went from 13 days to 9. Couldn’t pin point ovulation, bleeding after intercourse, etc etc. I saw four different doctors and nobody could figure out what was going on. Then I was told I had POF and would have a very hard time getting pregnant. I personally believe POF, autoimmune disorders, and Endometriosis are ALL linked. Someday they’ll figure out that relationship. IVF was the only thing that worked for us. I only had three fertilized eggs-I’ve got two 29 weeker’s camped out in my belly right now.:).

The journey to becoming pregnant can be extremely difficult and emotionally draining. Best of luck, at some point it’ll all come together for you and your family.

Best of luck!

Boomer

I tried acupuncture (my cycle was all over the place and I experience a lot of pain). My luteal phase went from 10-11 days to 15 days. It took two months of weekly appointments to see this change. After three months, my antral follical count also seems to be improving, from the ~15 range to 19 at my last U/S (while on BCP’s in preparation for IVF).

Eastern medicine isn’t for everyone, but I found it helpful.

You may know this already, but the presence of endometriosis impacts the zona pellucida, making it thicker and more difficult for the sperm to penetrate. I’d give IVF a shot with your own eggs, especially if you have insurance! You will have a lot of data from these medicated cycles.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks, Hopeful - I have two more cycles after this one before we can move to IVF with insurance covering it, and I’m refusing to give up until then.

The GOOD news is that the last two cycles (this and the last one) have been NORMAL. My hormones levels were normal, my cycle lengths were good (used crinone last cycle - this cycle I’m having my IUI tomorrow on day 14). After 5 cycles in the teens, I’m so happy to finally be having normal lengths again.

I have a lot of good happening. My antral count last cycle was 20+. We didn’t look this cycle. I had a natural cycle last cycle until ovulation, when we triggered and added progesterone during the LP. I developed one follicle normally, at the right rate, to the right size, etc. It didn’t work (clearly), but normal was nice for a change.

This cycle I’ve added more supplements and acupuncture. And Clomid. I have three mature follicles (or did yesterday) - 23.5, 21.5, and 19.5 (and a 14.5 that I doubt will catch up enough).

The only endo stuff I see going on is that I do still have an endometrioma on my right size - one that we knew wasn’t entirely gone after my last lap. It’s large enough to be causing pain, sigh. But my RE knows it’s there, and knows we can’t really get rid of it, so we just move forward.

Oh, the other thing - I think my LH surge is too low for OPKs to detect. They did a baseline this cycle and calculated my surge to be at above 10.2…

But the AF at the beginning of this cycle was pretty low pain, while still being quite heavy.

So, who knows. Normal cycles again, continuing to have low FSH, great response to clomid, great antral count… if it weren’t for the endo, I’d look really really fertile.

If this cycle doesn’t work, we do two with injectibles, then IVF and I can finally know what’s going on with these eggs. If the ZP is the problem, IVF will solve it, and everything else looks so good!

[QUOTE=“Poenym, post: 63730, member: 75230”]Hi everyone,

I had a lap in October to remove 4 endometriomas, after a failed IUI in August, then a cycle with pain throughout the cycle led us to find the endometriomas. Diagnosed with stage IV.

Since my lap, my cycles have gotten SHORT - my RE says it’s a sign of issues with ovarian function. I’m clearly developing the follicles very early (last cycle - 14mm on day 4), they’re growing too fast (that one grew 11mm in two days), and then I’m not getting an LH surge when they’re the right size (my LH was a 7 when I had three follies at 22, 25, and 31). And now apparently also a luteal phase defect (was 7 days last cycle).

sigh She started talking about donor eggs (sort of - I’m married to a lovely women who would likely be the donor, so it’s called Partner Assisted Reproduction and is not AT ALL covered by insurance).

She says she’s not sure I’m even producing quality eggs… She blames the endo, says my ovaries are just experiencing too much trauma from the endo.

This cycle, we’ll monitor and trigger and add progesterone… next cycle we’ll add clomid. After that, FSH for two cycles, then insurance will cover IVF.

Anyone here have experience with improving ovarian function somehow?[/QUOTE]
Hi, hun! I’m very sorry for what you’re facing. I’m not sure I can advice you anything as for the ovaries improving. (I have PCOS and blocked fallopian tubes. With the diagnosis were sent to egg donation. Currently passing it in Ukraine, Biotexcom clinic). But I’ve got interested in the endo condition and made some internet research on it and found some interesting facts for me.

“If the endometrial tissue is within an ovary, that ovary will fill with blood. These are called endometriomas and are cysts in the ovary filled with old blood. This old blood has the appearance of thin chocolate or motor oil. They are also called chocolate cysts of the ovary. Endometriomas are frequently found at surgery for ovarian cysts. An elevated Ca-125 is often associated with endometriosis.

Hormonal suppression can also be accomplished by injection of a long acting progesterone every 2 or 3 months. This drug is called Depo Provera and can be continued indefinitely. There is also a monthly injection of a GnRH type hormone. This is a Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone agonist. It basically stops all pituitary and ovarian function. It is very effective, but is useful for only 9 months at a time. Pregnancy also has a beneficial effect on endometriosis because it is a time of high progesterone levels.”

I really love the last sentence!! Wish it come true for you SOON. Hugs Xx

Don’t think of anything else just contact priest eka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to concieve due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Eka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Eka on ([email protected]). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::

1. Fibroid, Asthma, All STD, sinus infection

2.High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)

1. Infection, regular body pains (yeast infection),urine tract infection.

2. Blockage from the fallopian Tube

3. Cyst from the ovaries

4. Unpleasant smell from the virginal, virginal itching

5. Irregular menstruation

6. Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)

7. Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.

8. Infertility for easy Conception…

9. Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc…

Simply contact the spiritualist DrEka on ([email protected]) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life…