Endometrial Scratching

Hi Ladies,

My IVF consultant has put me forward to have this done and was wondering if anyone else had it done and was it sucessful?

x

I’m having this done on Monday the 11th, which is day 21 of the cycle before we do FET, so I can tell you how it went after. My RE strongley recommended this for me because it helps with implantation and that seems to be one of our issues.

There have been multiple studies finding that this improves implantation rates.

I had this done on cycle day 16 before my second IVF. I wish I could tell you it worked but I don’t know yet… I certainly felt it was worth a try. Gl!!

Im having mine done on Friday…so nervous Arghhhh!

Hi all!
I had this done before my IVF cycle. It worked and I have been told it highly increases the chances for implantation. Good luck to you all. I took a pain medication just so I would not feel anything or the cramping. Maybe ask your doctors what you could take prior to the procedure. Lots of dust to you all.

Sorry…but what is this?? how is it done?

Our docs recommend this also and call it a D&C with hysteroscopy - I have had 2 done, after the first time I did get pregnant but miscarried early on - after the 2nd time I got a BFN, we are dealing only with MFI. I felt fine afterwards just a little tired and crampy.

I’m having this done as well for my next cycle. My RE calls it a biopsy, but it’s the same thing. We’ll do it on my ER since I’ll be asleep and we’re doing a freeze all on day 5 and then a FET the following month. For the FET my RE will also inject HSG directly into the uterus 5 min before the transfer. They said that also is helping with implantation. Good luck!!

I did it and my transfer worked

[quote=Chelle1979]Hi Ladies,

My IVF consultant has put me forward to have this done and was wondering if anyone else had it done and was it sucessful?

x[/quote]

Hi Chelle1979

I did Endometrial Biopsy before my transfer and it worked. I am currently pregnant @ 13 weeks. PM me if you need more details and I’d be happy to help you :slight_smile:

So is a D&C kinda the same thing? Would it help me if I had it done in December and am starting stims this week? Just curious…thanks

So ???..Can you request this…or RE have to recommend…My friend is still working out the final PGD insurance coverage. This is her first time doing IVF and she’s 38-39 years old. Will this be a procedure she should bring up with RE

Hey Chelle, just want to let you know that I had the endometrial biopsy (that’s what it’s technically called) today and it is a really quick procedure but painful so don’t be an idiot like me and do take something ahead of time. RE said my cervix was really tight so that might be why. Good luck! I hope this helps us get our BFPS.

My beta yesterday was 250 @12dpo! I wouldn’t say that i owe it all to the biopsy or anything. But it certainly didn’t hurt anything. ( except me lol )

Sorry Ladies …but can someone give me some info regarding this procedure. I’m really trying to help my friend and this is very interesting. I didn’t know anything about this when I was going through IVF. I’m trying to give her as much info for a successful cycle because I know the pain of a :bfn:

So ???..Can you request this…or RE have to recommend…My friend is still working out the final PGD insurance coverage. This is her first time doing IVF and she’s 38-39 years old. Will this be a procedure she should bring up with RE

Congrats journeyoffaith

Thank you all for your advice and comments…getting really nervous now lol. All your good responses have kept me positive :slight_smile:

For those asking about it…

Endometrial scratching could increase implantation rates significantlyCreate Health-Create Health

OMG I found this so painful!!! It best work lol and not be for nothing!!! Mind, the Gyn said 99% are easy and simple and I unfortunately was that 1% so dont take my word for it lol I will let you know how the 2nd one goes on the 28th arghhhhh xx

Chelle1979,
Your gyn did the procedure and not your RE? I know the an RE is a gyn too but my RE did the scrape/biopsy. Sorry you had to go through that much pain! I took a pain med before hand and I really did not feel it to be too painful. You mentioned the second one, do you have to go back for another scrape?