Endometriosis and protocol problem

After one failiure in IVF and several busted iui cycles we have collected our selves for a second ivf attempt. as you can see fom my signature i was on long lupron protocol which i poorly responded. only 3 eggs were picked up and none was left for transfer. no need to say how i was devastated and i’m dying inside with all the ‘what if’’ questions in my mind. I want to give the best shot in my final attempt in ivf and please help me out to ask for the right treatment from my RE.

During the prescreaning RE mentioned adhinomyosis (which i dont know ) in my abdomen and he said that my left overy is stuck behind the uterus wall which is hardly accesible. :grr:

The question is they have not yet decided on my protocol and nurse said long luprn is the standard one for endo patients. now i’m so worried they will put me on lupron protocol again and i dont know what to do with my self if it turns out to be a total failiure. my new fsh level is 7.6 (earlier it was 8.9).

have any one tried antigonist protocol with endo or being a poor responder. what you guys think that suits for a poor responder?

dont now what to hope for and i’m terified to start a second cycle as this is our last chance…i’m teribly depressed please advice… thanks for reading.:pray:

I have endo and just finished my IVF cycle. Used the estrogen priming antagonist protocol. I didn’t use bcps or lupron. According to my RE, antagonist is best for those with low AMH. I had a good AMH, but got halved after doing 2 laps. Left ovary only produced 4 follicles during stims. I was on 450 bravelle and microdose ovidrel, used ganirelix at the beginning and end of stims. RE put me on high dose because I will be doing a FET, so no fears of OHSS, and he also wanted to get a lot of eggs cos I am doing PGD.
I had 18 eggs retrieved, and I still have 10 on day 3.

I have never heard of long lupron being good for endo patients. Long lupron and bcp isnt ideal for those with low amh/afc, cos of the risk of oversuppresion.

Talk to your doctor about using antagonist cycle, and check your AMH;or find another doctor that will listen to your fears.

Good luck

Endo sucks!

dallasttc,

you really made my day. :woohoo: what a great acheivement. i pray for your little embies and you will definitely make the rest of the journey… best of luck,

thanks for the insight. i thought they use long lupron for the first time for endo patients. seems like you have began with antoganist. dont they use BCP in antoganist protocol, then when your stimming start? i must have been oversupressed in my first cycle with all those lupron shots (i got only 3 eggs).

:grr:

[quote=Jessika]dallasttc,

you really made my day. :woohoo: what a great acheivement. i pray for your little embies and you will definitely make the rest of the journey… best of luck,

thanks for the insight. i thought they use long lupron for the first time for endo patients. seems like you have began with antoganist. dont they use BCP in antoganist protocol, then when your stimming start? i must have been oversupressed in my first cycle with all those lupron shots (i got only 3 eggs).

:grr:[/quote]
Thank you! Its day 5 today and I’m still waiting for the call, so anxious.
Lupron in a higher dose is one of the treatment for endo, but the one used in ivf is lower, I don’t know if it has the same effect. This is my understanding, could be wrong.
My RE doesn’t use bcp in antagonist protocol. Its a natural cycle, after ovulation is confirmed or day 21 estrogen patches are started, add Ganirelix for 4 days and on day 2 or 3 of new cycle, stims are started. The estrogen usually makes the cycle shorter, :af: comes earlier (thats the part I love).
You could have been over suppressed.

Hi Jessika,

I do think that the long Lupron protocol is often standard for patients with endo depending on other factors as Dallas suggested (the AMH test is relatively recent, so things may be changing…) The same thing happened to me if you look at my signature. I did the long Lupron protocol for my first IVF cycle and it was canceled for poor response - and, I had such severe migraines the whole time I was on Lupron I wanted to cut off my head!

I was so upset after b/c I thought this meant that IVF would never work for me. But, I switched clinics, and on a more traditional protocol for DOR/low AMH, I responded very well. I don’t know the name of my protocol, but it was short term OCPs, short term and low-dose Lupron alone, then I added high doses of Gonal or Follistim and Menopur. I also took low dose steroids and aspirin.

I think that it is very likely that you will do well on a different stimulation protocol. Good luck and hang in there - this is a tough road, but it is worth it!