Epstein barr and fertility

Hey all, I have a question for anyone one who can answer it. My dh was just diagnosed with a mild case of epstein barr, now more than likely I will have it too because it can be passed with intimate contact…does anyone know if this can effect my fertility? I have already emailed my dr to find out but I was just wondering if anyone out there has delt with the same situation?

Thanks
Mav

[quote=maverick76]Hey all, I have a question for anyone one who can answer it. My dh was just diagnosed with a mild case of epstein barr, now more than likely I will have it too because it can be passed with intimate contact…does anyone know if this can effect my fertility? I have already emailed my dr to find out but I was just wondering if anyone out there has delt with the same situation?

Thanks
Mav[/quote]

I was told recently that I have the antibodies for epstein barr. I understand it is very common. I was told to look into Propax with NT Factor. It is at the Vitamin Shoppe- you may want to look into it. I don’t think it impacts fertility if it is dormant. The Propax could help to optimize your health.

The EBV virus is ubiquitous in the community; it is unusual for an adult to have active EBV infection because most of us were exposed and infected as children; reactivation can occur, but just because there is evidence of reactivation, it does not necessarily mean that the virus is causing the current problem. Active infection needs to be diagnosed by looking at both IgM and IgG antibody titers and good clinical correlation. Your DH may have true active infection, but hopefully you will not develop active infection. There have been prospective studies demonstrating that EBV does not impact pregnancy outcome/fetal health, but fever of any kind is teratogenic during pregnancy and therefore should be treated. Definitely discuss with your doctor if you are worried…