[quote=kimberf]Yep, we are a definite minority.
I am hoping for good news tomorrow. I think this week and the next few days are the worst for me, since I feel like no normals would radically alter odds for future cycles too. Embryologist said 50% or less make it to blast, so anticipating 3-4 if we are lucky tomorrow. Trying to prepare myself for whatever news we get, but I know I’ll be a wreck if it’s bad. I already had a little breakdown today.
One thought, though I know that it’s $$$. I’m going to have them test whatever we have this cycle, even if it’s only two, so that if we have a normal, I could thaw and transfer it with the Jan cycle rather than waiting and doing a separate FET after that. The cost might even balance out at least a little bit (long shot), since it could save you a round of FET prep. The multi-month wait to do FET was a nasty shock for me, so I am anxious to transfer whatever we have right away, though I know I will probably need another stim cycle. If I have to do PGD twice, so be it, but then I can actually do a full cycle next time, with transfer – just not an embryo from that cycle. I think it may also take some of the pressure off the waiting part, maybe.
A good place to look for stats for other pgd ladies is on the CCRM thread. BY FAR the most other PGDers there. Results are all over the place in terms of # of normals. CCRM calls it CCS if you do go look through there.[/quote]
I will put in a word on their message board…I am trying to weed out all the normal IVFers…so as to build a small group of those that understand…now, I do understand that CCS, that CCRM performs is like a hybrid test, correct? They use family history and genetics to compare markers?..this is the one they use for the 5 day transfers…it is not the same as full chromosomal testing…right?..it test like 17 is the chomosomes, versus the full 22 plus X and Y chromosomes…I know the 3 day testing is the FISH method and test only 8 chromosomes.
I also agree with you on the drink…we have been going to the ranchevery weekend, since the weather is cold here at night…we sit out by the fire and have night caps…and I switched my drinking to Crown Royal Black Label…yummm…being in San Antonio, I have also gone back to the normal almost daily mexican meal with my Frozen Sangritas…I figure, I will quit after new years…my RE just doesn’t want you to drink or take in caffine during stims and after during transfer and 2ww…I can’t wait to hear your numbers tomorrow…
We had decided if I had 4 or more blast at 5 day…we would have sent them to be tested…my DH said, we should make sure we have more to test…since my RE only does IVF in Series…and since Jan, Mar, May, July…etc…are his months…we decided to aim for March 2011 transfer
My DH has become more supportive…he did decide that giving his sample at the clinic was an absolute thrill kill for him regardless of whether I help or not…LOL, so RE said we could collect at hotel 7 blocks away…LOL…But, DH did understand that I would have to be gone again for 10 days and take DD with me in Jan and he has decided to keep her in SA with him and leave her with my parents, while I am having ER…maybe calming my nerves a bit…LOL…
I am so excited for both of us, and I am so glad we have made it through our first IVF…I am so much calmer, waiting for the next stim cycle…now that I know how to do everything…
Let me know what your day 5 holds… :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :grouphug: