ER, PGD and FET girls

I figure…we know who we are…not many are doing this type of treatment…so, I thought I would search us girls out…

I find that I have a hard time relating to those girls in IVF treads doing 3 or 5 day transfers…since I will do FET when I have all my Blasts tested…

Anyone else in the same boat?..great support during stims, none for PGD, and little while waiting for FET…

Is there nobody doing Pregenetic testing on their blastocysts?..I have done one stim cycle and ER in November and I only had 2 blast make it…so, we are doing another stim cycle in Jan 2011, and pray that we have more blasts to send for testing…once all results are back…if we have any normal blast we will transfer them in March…

I was just looking for others in the same boat…

You know I’m there with you, Sib! I’m still waiting to hear how many make it to blast to see if I even have anything to test. I’ll find out Friday. I may be looking at another stim/retrieval cycle in January if we don’t have any normals.

I know what you mean. I was talking to a really close friend today who totally didn’t get that I wouldn’t even be waiting to see if I’m pregnant for months yet. She thought I was transferring right away. I had debating doing day 3 testing for that reason, but the results are just not as reliable and the embryos still need to make it to blast anyway, so it made more sense to stick it out all the way and freeze. There aren’t many of us, but you aren’t the only one!

i did it with my DD and it was so frustrating and scarry to think that none of my eggs were going to come back normal. i wish you all the best and I hope that you get your BFP!!!

I am currently in the same boat. I had my ER on Monday at which they retrieved 16 eggs. I’m waiting for the nurse to call me today with the update on how many embies made it to day three. Then they will perform the PGD this week. I was really upset I have to wait for a FET and not do a fresh cycle. If the tests go well, I will have my transfer in January. This is so anxiety provoking!!! Good luck with your PGD!!!:cross:

why dont you guys head over to the FET boards maybe there more women in the same boat … best of luck :babydust: :bsv: :babydust:

Thanks jersey - that’s part of the problem. We aren’t even at the FET point yet. We’re in limbo, waiting to see if we even have anything to transfer later. I have been visiting the FET board off and on as well; almost all the FETs there are people who did a fresh transfer and are now using their snowbabies later, so it’s not quite the same.

I think Sib’s frustration is (at least I know mine is) that it’s even more waiting. I feel like I’ve spent the past year and a half waiting for something: waiting for six months of trying on my own, waiting to see RE, waiting to get my period, waiting to see when I O, waiting to see if the pregnancy is viable, waiting to get my cycles back to normal after it wasn’t, waiting to start IVF, waiting to start stims, waiting to hear how things went, etc. And for most people, they’d be almost done at this point and having a beta in 10 days or so, but I’m going to be waiting for testing, and then waiting to get ready for transfer. And the prep for transfer at my clinic is as long as/longer than the prep for an actual IVF cycle, which was a shock!

[B]Kimber: [/B]I’m rooting for you girl!!

[B]Deeg[/B], we’re just one day apart on the waiting. How are you holding up? Sixteen is awesome though – you have such a good chance of having lots of normals!

I’m finally starting to lose it today, really stressing how many I’ll still have tomorrow, and if any of them will be normal. I read a ton of studies on aCGH testing beforehand, so I was pretty sure I wanted Day 5 rather than Day 3, but I didn’t realize what a strain it would be waiting till Day 5. I’m so much more freaked out over this than I ever have been waiting for a BFP/BFN. I think it’s because up until now, I’ve always been like, “well, we can do IVF,” but if the embryos don’t make it to testing, or there aren’t any normals, then more cycles won’t necessarily help that much.

Just checking, but you do know that you can have them do a Day 3 biopsy and most labs can get the results back in time for a Day 5 transfer? So there is an option to do PGD with a fresh cycle. However, there’s so much more mosaicism in Day 3 embryos that results aren’t as reliable and you can get either an inconclusive or an incorrect result.

[B]Liz and historyteach[/B] - thank you so much for your good wishes!! I will find out tomorrow if I have any blasts to test. I’m hoping that since I haven’t heard from the lab yet that that means I have at least one or two.

[B]Sib[/B], you hanging in there? I hope your DH is being supportive and you guys are in this together.

[quote=kimberf]You know I’m there with you, Sib! I’m still waiting to hear how many make it to blast to see if I even have anything to test. I’ll find out Friday. I may be looking at another stim/retrieval cycle in January if we don’t have any normals.

I know what you mean. I was talking to a really close friend today who totally didn’t get that I wouldn’t even be waiting to see if I’m pregnant for months yet. She thought I was transferring right away. I had debating doing day 3 testing for that reason, but the results are just not as reliable and the embryos still need to make it to blast anyway, so it made more sense to stick it out all the way and freeze. There aren’t many of us, but you aren’t the only one![/quote]

I know we can’t be the only two…LOL…but, we seem to be in a minority…

We were going to do a 5 day transfer until RE and DH had their long talk…then it was a definite FET…

I noticed you had 9 fertilized…Good Luck…all my best…making it to 5 days was so hard…I just knew that each day we would lose one…and we ended with only 2 Blasts…not sure if we had any that were slow growers…they just told me on Day 5, we had 2 blasts…

I am absolutely doing another stim cycle in Jan 2011…we are grouping our blasts and having them all sent at once…it was the same price for a tolotal of 10 blasts…then the price goes up for 11+…so, we decided to only pay for PGD once…

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

How old were you when you did your IVF/PGD?

How many Blasts were sent and how many were normal?

Just looking for a few positive stories to help lift my spirits…

Congrats and best wishes for your Jan cycle…I will be doing another stim cycle in Jan 2011

See you on the Jan IVF board:grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you Deeg, How many made it to test?..and how long will it take to get your results?

I was upset that I would have to wait until Jan, and then when I only had 2 blasts at day 5 and found oput they wanted to do another stim cycle in Jan and then possible FET in March…I was heartbroken…I can’t believe that I am having to wait this long…but then again, it is alot of money for us…we are all out of pocket and just to be able to rule out some of the more usual reasons for m/c or non-implantation from abnormal blast at my age…it was just the right path for us…

:clap: :clap: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :grouphug: :grouphug: :pray: :pray:

For those of us in this bizarre waiting game…strange to know that I have blasts and that I will know their Chromosomes before I even have a chance to carry them…

Good Luck…

[quote=SiblingChallenge]I know we can’t be the only two…LOL…but, we seem to be in a minority…

We were going to do a 5 day transfer until RE and DH had their long talk…then it was a definite FET…

I noticed you had 9 fertilized…Good Luck…all my best…making it to 5 days was so hard…I just knew that each day we would lose one…and we ended with only 2 Blasts…not sure if we had any that were slow growers…they just told me on Day 5, we had 2 blasts…

I am absolutely doing another stim cycle in Jan 2011…we are grouping our blasts and having them all sent at once…it was the same price for a tolotal of 10 blasts…then the price goes up for 11+…so, we decided to only pay for PGD once…

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:[/quote]

Yep, we are a definite minority.

I am hoping for good news tomorrow. I think this week and the next few days are the worst for me, since I feel like no normals would radically alter odds for future cycles too. Embryologist said 50% or less make it to blast, so anticipating 3-4 if we are lucky tomorrow. Trying to prepare myself for whatever news we get, but I know I’ll be a wreck if it’s bad. I already had a little breakdown today.

One thought, though I know that it’s $$$. I’m going to have them test whatever we have this cycle, even if it’s only two, so that if we have a normal, I could thaw and transfer it with the Jan cycle rather than waiting and doing a separate FET after that. The cost might even balance out at least a little bit (long shot), since it could save you a round of FET prep. The multi-month wait to do FET was a nasty shock for me, so I am anxious to transfer whatever we have right away, though I know I will probably need another stim cycle. If I have to do PGD twice, so be it, but then I can actually do a full cycle next time, with transfer – just not an embryo from that cycle. I think it may also take some of the pressure off the waiting part, maybe.

A good place to look for stats for other pgd ladies is on the CCRM thread. BY FAR the most other PGDers there. Results are all over the place in terms of # of normals. CCRM calls it CCS if you do go look through there.

On the bright side, i did have DH make me a nice margarita tonight. I feel like I can drink, since nothing is getting transferred until late January at the earliest…

[quote=kimberf]Thanks jersey - that’s part of the problem. We aren’t even at the FET point yet. We’re in limbo, waiting to see if we even have anything to transfer later. I have been visiting the FET board off and on as well; almost all the FETs there are people who did a fresh transfer and are now using their snowbabies later, so it’s not quite the same.

I think Sib’s frustration is (at least I know mine is) that it’s even more waiting. I feel like I’ve spent the past year and a half waiting for something: waiting for six months of trying on my own, waiting to see RE, waiting to get my period, waiting to see when I O, waiting to see if the pregnancy is viable, waiting to get my cycles back to normal after it wasn’t, waiting to start IVF, waiting to start stims, waiting to hear how things went, etc. And for most people, they’d be almost done at this point and having a beta in 10 days or so, but I’m going to be waiting for testing, and then waiting to get ready for transfer. And the prep for transfer at my clinic is as long as/longer than the prep for an actual IVF cycle, which was a shock![/quote]

DITTO, Kimber

you hit the nail on the head…I feel like I am in this huge “LIMBO LAND” all the girls I was in Nov IVF thread with are all having their Betas this last week…and I am waiting to do another stim cycle in Jan 2011…then possible FET in March…If I have any normal blasts…and I think that puts us in another game all together…we are not just waiting to see what makes it to 5 days…we are looking to see what makes it past the Gold Standard…before we even get the chance to become pregnant…

Thanks for the advice Jersey…I have been in the Nov 2010 IVF girls thread, and I am now posting in the Jan IVF thread…but, as Kimber said…most of these women, have no knowledge of PGD, nor can they understanf=d why we might want to, or need to do PGD.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

[quote=kimberf]Yep, we are a definite minority.

I am hoping for good news tomorrow. I think this week and the next few days are the worst for me, since I feel like no normals would radically alter odds for future cycles too. Embryologist said 50% or less make it to blast, so anticipating 3-4 if we are lucky tomorrow. Trying to prepare myself for whatever news we get, but I know I’ll be a wreck if it’s bad. I already had a little breakdown today.

One thought, though I know that it’s $$$. I’m going to have them test whatever we have this cycle, even if it’s only two, so that if we have a normal, I could thaw and transfer it with the Jan cycle rather than waiting and doing a separate FET after that. The cost might even balance out at least a little bit (long shot), since it could save you a round of FET prep. The multi-month wait to do FET was a nasty shock for me, so I am anxious to transfer whatever we have right away, though I know I will probably need another stim cycle. If I have to do PGD twice, so be it, but then I can actually do a full cycle next time, with transfer – just not an embryo from that cycle. I think it may also take some of the pressure off the waiting part, maybe.

A good place to look for stats for other pgd ladies is on the CCRM thread. BY FAR the most other PGDers there. Results are all over the place in terms of # of normals. CCRM calls it CCS if you do go look through there.[/quote]

I will put in a word on their message board…I am trying to weed out all the normal IVFers…so as to build a small group of those that understand…now, I do understand that CCS, that CCRM performs is like a hybrid test, correct? They use family history and genetics to compare markers?..this is the one they use for the 5 day transfers…it is not the same as full chromosomal testing…right?..it test like 17 is the chomosomes, versus the full 22 plus X and Y chromosomes…I know the 3 day testing is the FISH method and test only 8 chromosomes.

I also agree with you on the drink…we have been going to the ranchevery weekend, since the weather is cold here at night…we sit out by the fire and have night caps…and I switched my drinking to Crown Royal Black Label…yummm…being in San Antonio, I have also gone back to the normal almost daily mexican meal with my Frozen Sangritas…I figure, I will quit after new years…my RE just doesn’t want you to drink or take in caffine during stims and after during transfer and 2ww…I can’t wait to hear your numbers tomorrow…

We had decided if I had 4 or more blast at 5 day…we would have sent them to be tested…my DH said, we should make sure we have more to test…since my RE only does IVF in Series…and since Jan, Mar, May, July…etc…are his months…we decided to aim for March 2011 transfer

My DH has become more supportive…he did decide that giving his sample at the clinic was an absolute thrill kill for him regardless of whether I help or not…LOL, so RE said we could collect at hotel 7 blocks away…LOL…But, DH did understand that I would have to be gone again for 10 days and take DD with me in Jan and he has decided to keep her in SA with him and leave her with my parents, while I am having ER…maybe calming my nerves a bit…LOL…

I am so excited for both of us, and I am so glad we have made it through our first IVF…I am so much calmer, waiting for the next stim cycle…now that I know how to do everything…

Let me know what your day 5 holds…:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cross: :cross: :cross: :cross: :grouphug:

Hi Ladies, I am a CCRM girl. I have had one failed IVF and will be doing my second with the CCS testing. I am looking forward to a late January retrieval, and hopefully if I have any CCS normal embryos will transfer in March. It was not recommended to me by Dr. Schoolcraft because of my age, but the first failed IVF was so devastating…I at least want to know what I am putting back is normal.

CCRM does a bunch of genetic testing too. My husband actually tested positive as a carrier for cystic fibrosis and I am waiting for my Ashkenazi Jewish panel to come back.

The CCS testing is amazing…I have seen so many BFP from women who have done it. It is expensive, but worth it. I only had 2 embryos left on day five last time…so I am hoping for a better result. Dr. S. seems to think my doctor in Vegas fried my eggs…gave me way too aggressive a protocol. He is putting me on the “Bud Light” treatment this time with only 75 units gonal-f…We shall see.

Where are you ladies cycling? I guess CCRM must be one of the few places that does a freeze all and then CCS testing. It is all still pretty new, but yields pretty amazing results. It is so cool to know what you are putting back is “normal.” I do not have a ton of info on the CCS testing because I am just getting started, but a good friend of mine just got pregnant using CCS at CCRM. Wishing you ladies the best of luck.
-Sara

[quote=sarabo]Hi Ladies, I am a CCRM girl. I have had one failed IVF and will be doing my second with the CCS testing. I am looking forward to a late January retrieval, and hopefully if I have any CCS normal embryos will transfer in March. It was not recommended to me by Dr. Schoolcraft because of my age, but the first failed IVF was so devastating…I at least want to know what I am putting back is normal.

CCRM does a bunch of genetic testing too. My husband actually tested positive as a carrier for cystic fibrosis and I am waiting for my Ashkenazi Jewish panel to come back.

The CCS testing is amazing…I have seen so many BFP from women who have done it. It is expensive, but worth it. I only had 2 embryos left on day five last time…so I am hoping for a better result. Dr. S. seems to think my doctor in Vegas fried my eggs…gave me way too aggressive a protocol. He is putting me on the “Bud Light” treatment this time with only 75 units gonal-f…We shall see.

Where are you ladies cycling? I guess CCRM must be one of the few places that does a freeze all and then CCS testing. It is all still pretty new, but yields pretty amazing results. It is so cool to know what you are putting back is “normal.” I do not have a ton of info on the CCS testing because I am just getting started, but a good friend of mine just got pregnant using CCS at CCRM. Wishing you ladies the best of luck.
-Sara[/quote]

Thank you Sara for responding…I am cycling in Washington State with CRH in Spokane…I live in Texas but travel there for treatment…long story

I agree…half of the battle with IVF is egg quality…and for someone my age…it is now becoming a large problem…at least it is my REs theory, since I have Unexplained Secondary Infertility…

Knowing we are wanting to transfer normal blasts for the best result has made this protocol a little easier…

I guess you and I are on a similar time schedule…as I will start another stim cycle in Jan…and if all goes well, then FET in March…We are looking at starting my BCP at the begining of Jan and starting meds after 2 weeks…then ER @ Jan 30

I am hoping to keep this thread bumped up…since those of us doing IVF/PGD(CCS)/FET are a unique group of ladies, going through a different experience than the usual IVF cycle, the support would be wonderful…I know that when I was waiting to stim and then stimming and doing ER, I had a very good support group in the November 2010 IVF ladies, but once I had my ER, I didn’t fit in anywhere and felt all alone…I found myself looking through the threads trying to find a place where I could belong…I used to chat all the time, now I just don’t fit in anywhere…

Good luck and best wishes:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

How is everyone holding up? Any news yet?

The only news I did not report was that 12 eggs fertilized. I hope that is good. This is my first time doing IVF or PGD so this whole process is very trying!!!

Yesterday was day three and the nurse was supposed to call me to let me know how many made it. One of the cells was supposedly sent to the PGD lab to test for CF (my husband and I are both carriers of severe mutations), but my nurse never returned my call! She is out today and the RE is impossible to get in touch with. So I have no idea how many made it and no confirmation that they sent it off to be tested. :grr:

Has anyone ever used Genesis Genetics in Detroit for the PGD?

Sib & Kimber–I don’t chat much either these days (I feel like I am too far along in my pregnancy to really bond with them. However, Urso and I were thinking that maybe some of us old-timers could go into chat and just head into one of the other rooms that is never used. I would love to chat with you ladies once again as well, so if you ever see 2 people in male infertility or something random like that, pop in and see if it is us.

Question for you about your PGD stuff. Since you will know chromosomes prior to FET, I assume you will (or could) also know gender. Just wondering if anyone would decide which embryos to transfer based on gender or if you will use random selection.