Estradiol

Hello Everyone, I just had a question about Estradiol. What are your levels suppose to be when you are going for a IUI. I was told mine was a 81 on 12/1/2010, and my IUI is 12/4/2010, and not sure if that is good or bad, I tried to search online to see what was normal and not. Anyone know?

[QUOTE=AmyMcCall33]Hello Everyone, I just had a question about Estradiol. What are your levels suppose to be when you are going for a IUI. I was told mine was a 81 on 12/1/2010, and my IUI is 12/4/2010, and not sure if that is good or bad, I tried to search online to see what was normal and not. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Hi Amy,

Take a look at this: Hormone Levels & Fertility Bloodwork - Fertility Plus

Thanks Toyisttc!

i noticed this is your first IUI also! How did it go? I have mine tomorrow morning. :-)

[QUOTE=AmyMcCall33]Thanks Toyisttc!

i noticed this is your first IUI also! How did it go? I have mine tomorrow morning. :-)[/QUOTE]

No problem. Lol do you mean the procedure itself or the waiting? The procedure wasn’t that bad but I immediately tense up when I see a speculum so imagine how fun that was. Finding the correct speculum size and clamping it was longer than the actual insertion of the catheter. That took about 30-40 seconds. I was fine the first week but as I am coming up on the end of my 2ww, I am quite nervous.

Thanks Toyisttc!

i noticed this is your first IUI also! How did it go? I have mine tomorrow morning. :-)

Toyisttc- I noticed you had 2 IUI done back to back? Does that help the chances better?

[QUOTE=AmyMcCall33]Toyisttc- I noticed you had 2 IUI done back to back? Does that help the chances better?[/QUOTE]
Some people say it does while others say it doesn’t. My doctor’s protocol is to due b2b regardless. I believe it has to do with the ovulation and sperm timeframe because they don’t want you to miss your opportunity. Another thing they do differently is the amount of time between triggering and IUI. I triggered Monday night at 7:00 P.M. and had my first IUI on Tuesday at 8:50 A.M. I know some doctors have their patients come in 24-48hrs later but mine has you come in in 12 hrs.

E2 levels give a dr a look into how many mature follies you have to pair with a follie scan. My dr likes to see atleast 200 per mature follie before doing an IUI.

I’ve had 3 IUI’s and for the 2 i asked for the numbers they were 351 2 days before one IUI. One another IUI i had a level of 402 on cd13 and 3 days later it was 835. Then my IUI was 4 days later so my E2 level went up more.