Estrogen PP vs Antagonist Protocol: slow responders/ DOR girls

Hi ladies

I have my consultation for ivf#2 today. Last cycle I stimmed forever and only got 1 egg. I was on bcp then lupron. Many ladies have told me to try the EPP or antagonist protocol. I am aiming for late february because i want at least 2 more months of supplements and acupuncture.

So my question for the slow responders who may or may not have DOR:

1. Did you use antagonist or epp ?
  2. What was your protocol ( Meds etc)
    3 how many eggs produced, retrieved, fertilized and put back in?
  3. did you get a bfp?
  4. Did they monitor your progesterone or other levels during the 2 ww.

I am so anxious.

Alicia. :grouphug:

Alicia.

Today, 11:05 AM

hi Alicia,

1. Did you use antagonist or epp ?[B]Antagonist[/B]
  2. What was your protocol ( Meds etc) [B]follistim 300 units,menopur 225 units, ganerelix[/B]
    3 how many eggs produced, retrieved, fertilized and put back in? [B]3 follies produced,3 retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 arrested. Just 1 grade 3, 4 cell embie transfered[/B]
  3. did you get a bfp? [B]in the 2ww,ET 12/12[/B]
  4. Did they monitor your progesterone or other levels during the 2 ww. [B]Progesterone will be monitored.First prog bw 12/15. [/B]
    [B]I am a poor responder,DOR. Keeping fingers and toes crossed. Beta 12/23 and second beta 12/25[/B]

I did 3 IUIs beofre moving on to IVF and the worst response I had was when I was on Lupron. I don’t even think I ovulated that month. When I did IVF #1 5 years ago (age 34), I was on the same antagonist protocal as I describe below but the doses were smaller. We did ICSI on my 6 eggs and only 2 fertilized. I had 1 good embryo that made it to a morula and had my ds. Based on this and my poor response to IUI, I was labeled a poor responder with poor egg quality. This time my response was much better, even though I am 5 years older and 39. I think it is because my med levels were so high and I stimmed for a long time. The info below is from IVF #2, which I did in November. Alicia, I remember you from the boards. Good luck!

1. Did you use antagonist or epp ?[B]Antagonist[/B]
  2. What was your protocol ( Meds etc) [B]follistim 300 units,menopur 300 units, ganirelix[/B]
    3 how many eggs produced, retrieved, fertilized and put back in? [B]7 follies, 7 eggs, 6 fertilized (no ICSI needed), transferred 2 blasts and froze 1 blast, 1 morula[/B]
  3. Did you get a bfp? [B]Yes! 7 weeks, 2 days along with a singleton[/B]
  4. Did they monitor your progesterone or other levels during the 2 ww. [B]No, but I started PIO shots the night of retrieval and they checked my progesterone with every beta and at my first ultrasound.[/B]