Estrogen Priming protocol FET?

I am going to be starting meds my 3rd FET (6th IVF) next week but I wanted to get some imput on what other protocols have looked like. I am on a estrogen priming protocol so looking for others who have been on this as well but all imput is very much appreciated!

With my last 2 FETs I was told to stop my BCPs then on CD3 to start my patches, then of course to change them out every 2.5 days. K no prob.
Well this time by doc threw me for a total loop. He told me to stop my BCPs and on the 2nd day of BLEEDING to then start the patches?!?! WHAT?? Im totally confused. It normally takes me 3-4 days AFTER stopping my BCPs to start bleeding but from all 5 of my previous IVFs I was told that the day after stopping BCPs is CD1. So if my last BCP was yesterday, tomorrow would be CD1 and normally I would start my patches on CD3 being Sunday. But this time he wants me to wait till the 2nd day of bleeding before starting and that would put me at like CD5 or CD6 (depending on when AF arrives) and that just seems really late in the cycle to be starting the patches. Im totally confused and unfortunately I cant reach him or the nurse until Monday to clarify. The problem is, is that ive had accidentally mishaps in the past with my docs doing my med schedule and starting me to late so Im a tad bit worried that might have happened again, but maybe this is just something new, IDK.

Has anyone starting their patches this late into a cycle? or do you normally start around CD3?

[quote=AmazinGrace]I am going to be starting meds my 3rd FET (6th IVF) next week but I wanted to get some imput on what other protocols have looked like. I am on a estrogen priming protocol so looking for others who have been on this as well but all imput is very much appreciated!

With my last 2 FETs I was told to stop my BCPs then on CD3 to start my patches, then of course to change them out every 2.5 days. K no prob.
Well this time by doc threw me for a total loop. He told me to stop my BCPs and on the 2nd day of BLEEDING to then start the patches?!?! WHAT?? Im totally confused. It normally takes me 3-4 days AFTER stopping my BCPs to start bleeding but from all 5 of my previous IVFs I was told that the day after stopping BCPs is CD1. So if my last BCP was yesterday, tomorrow would be CD1 and normally I would start my patches on CD3 being Sunday. But this time he wants me to wait till the 2nd day of bleeding before starting and that would put me at like CD5 or CD6 (depending on when AF arrives) and that just seems really late in the cycle to be starting the patches. Im totally confused and unfortunately I cant reach him or the nurse until Monday to clarify. The problem is, is that ive had accidentally mishaps in the past with my docs doing my med schedule and starting me to late so Im a tad bit worried that might have happened again, but maybe this is just something new, IDK.

Has anyone starting their patches this late into a cycle? or do you normally start around CD3?[/quote]

I didn’t do the patches, but I did the oral Estrace. What I did was, stop my bcp, and then started the estrace the next day–then I waited til af showed up but the reason starting early on was to get the estrogen built up in your system. So that is what my guess is for you. I wouldn’t freak out to much, but if you still feel uneasy on this, call the after hours number, and see what they say. good luck!!

[quote=AmazinGrace]I am going to be starting meds my 3rd FET (6th IVF) next week but I wanted to get some imput on what other protocols have looked like. I am on a estrogen priming protocol so looking for others who have been on this as well but all imput is very much appreciated!

Has anyone starting their patches this late into a cycle? or do you normally start around CD3?[/quote]

Huh. I’ve never heard of counting CD1 like that. I’ve always been told CD1 is the first day of AF. On my two cycles, I have started the Vivelle patch on CD3, which is the 3rd day of AF, which tends to be 5 or 6 days after stopping BCP. So what you’re doctor told you to do this cycle sounds pretty normal to me. Good luck!