Exercise after Egg Retrieval

I have my egg retrieval. I feel like I gained a couple of pounds on the medication. How soon have you guys starting exercising after the ER?

I will also consult the doc but just wanted to know how you guys handled it.

I kept my same routine (cardio and weights) but listened to my body more - didn’t push as hard as I would have had if I felt tired or discomfort.
Everyone is different but check with RE to see what they say…and listen to your body!

I never stopped working out either, just was more careful I didn’t run until I felt completely back to normal and I did put on a few pounds as well.

[quote=Zipper]I have my egg retrieval. I feel like I gained a couple of pounds on the medication. How soon have you guys starting exercising after the ER?

I will also consult the doc but just wanted to know how you guys handled it.[/quote]

I think you should be careful what exercises you do because you could get ovarian torsion.

I agree with last poster … Depending on how many eggs are retrieved and how big your ovaries are they can twist in half be careful

I stopped working out while stimming because when I got on the elliptical I felt minor discomfort, listend to my body and figured that it wasn’t worth it. My egg retrieval is scheduled for tomorrow and I was wondering how quickly were people able to return to exercise after the retrieval. I want to try a bike ride on Sunday and was wondering if I being realistic.

I was told nothing high impact. I am a runner and I did tons of Jillian MIchaels stuff. But at the start of stims and even until now I only did some walking. I am going to start doing yoga.

I would be careful about doing anything high impact…even the elliptical made me uncomfortable.

My RE doesn’t want us doing any strenuous exercising after day 3 of stims. At that point the ovaries have potentially gotten large enough, depending on how many follies you have and eggs, that any jarring movements could cause ovarian torsion.

They recommended things like walking or swimming especially. Anything low impact is fine. They said something like an elliptical would probably even be too much if you really get into it.

Thanks for your responses. I think I will start with some walking and see how my body feels before I try anything else.