Exercise during 2ww after IUI

Does anyone have any suggestions on how active or Jon-active you should be during the 2ww? My RE didn’t say anything so i just wanted to throw it out there and see what everyone was doing or what you have been told to do. Thanks!!

We had a long thread about this about a month ago. I think it is called Exercise and IUI. The general outcome was that it is not safe to exercise (other than like walking) during the 2ww. Might as well be safe than sorry! I had to give up my new favorite hobby, spinning… but I go during the first 2 weeks and then I dont go during the 2ww.

I’ve been on Clomid and my RE says high impact exercise is not recommended b/c your ovaries can twist b/c they are enlarged…risk is small, but possible…not sure of the effects of any other drugs, but anything that enlarges the ovaries I’d stay away from high impact…I don’t listen though, and I’ve been playing soccer…luckily nothing has happened…it’s just hard to give up

I usually do an hour of low-to-moderate exercise on a stationary bike. During the two week wait, I’ve broken that into 3 twenty minute sessions so that my body temp never gets that high, or my blood diverted to my muscles for that long. My RE approved this plan.

[QUOTE=knpoduch]We had a long thread about this about a month ago. I think it is called Exercise and IUI. The general outcome was that it is not safe to exercise (other than like walking) during the 2ww. Might as well be safe than sorry! I had to give up my new favorite hobby, spinning… but I go during the first 2 weeks and then I dont go during the 2ww.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I will try to find that! I am with you…I am spending too much emotionally and financially and I want to give these eggs the best chance to implant!

[QUOTE=fak673]I’ve been on Clomid and my RE says high impact exercise is not recommended b/c your ovaries can twist b/c they are enlarged…risk is small, but possible…not sure of the effects of any other drugs, but anything that enlarges the ovaries I’d stay away from high impact…I don’t listen though, and I’ve been playing soccer…luckily nothing has happened…it’s just hard to give up[/QUOTE]

Thanks! for the feedback!!! I have read that online so be careful! :flower: I feel that way about the caffeine. I sure miss my coffee!!!

[QUOTE=Shmead]I usually do an hour of low-to-moderate exercise on a stationary bike. During the two week wait, I’ve broken that into 3 twenty minute sessions so that my body temp never gets that high, or my blood diverted to my muscles for that long. My RE approved this plan.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback!!! Hoep you get your :bfp: soon!!! Looks like you should be testing soon!