Exercise Post Transfer?

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello All, [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I am 3dp3dt . My RE had me do 1 day of bed rest and then a “take it easy” after that. No sex, heavy lifting, etc. On our “after your transfer sheet” it does touch on exercise however it just says light exercise- ex;walking not jogging. I made sure before I started with ART I lost 70lbs so I would be in the best shape possible so needless to say exercise has become ahuge part of my life. I am going CRAZY not to mention getting depressed that I feel like I am ignoring my health. I know I can’t participate in my boot camp class cause that is super high intensity but I also love biking. I know doing 20+ miles like I normally do would not be good but does anyone know if it would be ok to ride a bike around the neighborhood. Seems ‘light’ to me…. Flat ground and slow :o) I would ask my RE but he was out of the office Friday, Saturday,Sunday and I really don’t think it’s something I should call the on call nurses for lol![/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=Jbuchanan521][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello All, [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I am 3dp3dt . My RE had me do 1 day of bed rest and then a “take it easy” after that. No sex, heavy lifting, etc. On our “after your transfer sheet” it does touch on exercise however it just says light exercise- ex;walking not jogging. I made sure before I started with ART I lost 70lbs so I would be in the best shape possible so needless to say exercise has become ahuge part of my life. I am going CRAZY not to mention getting depressed that I feel like I am ignoring my health. I know I can’t participate in my boot camp class cause that is super high intensity but I also love biking. I know doing 20+ miles like I normally do would not be good but does anyone know if it would be ok to ride a bike around the neighborhood. Seems ‘light’ to me…. Flat ground and slow :o) I would ask my RE but he was out of the office Friday, Saturday,Sunday and I really don’t think it’s something I should call the on call nurses for lol![/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I was literally just asking myhusband if he thought it would be okay for me to go for a walk! I am 9dpt. I am an exercise crazy person. My RE told me not to do anything high impact when we started stimming sooo I haven’t had a good hard workout in awhile! Anyway, I too would be interested in hearing opinions on this. My paperwork says moderate walking is okay…but I guess I’m nervous…

Same here I’d hate to get a :bfn: and then wonder if that’s why!

I think the biggest thing is nothing high impact, take it easy and don’t break a sweat.

The big thing is the size of your ovaries…when they’re engorged like they may be now you are more prone to ovarian torsion and, if an ovary gets twisted - that would be very bad.

The only way to untwist it is surgery and sometimes they have to remove the ovary if it’s been twisted too long.

Here is an excellent article which explains some of it:
Exercise‐induced ovarian torsion in the cycle following gonadotrophin therapy: Case report

I know you want to exercise but unless you know that your ovaries are back to their normal size it’s risky.

Personally, I would just take it easy. It’s just not worth the risk to me but that’s just my opinion.

My RE said “light walking” after we got my beta results. Light walking makes it sound like a long grocery shopping spree would be too much. :smiley:

That’s really interesting infertilibaby! I have never heard of that but I am still feeling super bloated so I guess I should hold off. I don’t have anything between now and beta to determine of they are back to regular size. Thank you for the info!

[QUOTE=Charybdis]My RE said “light walking” after we got my beta results. Light walking makes it sound like a long grocery shopping spree would be too much. :D[/QUOTE]

I agree! You don’t want to sit around like a bump on a log but you feel like everything you do could hurt the embies. I mean its only d3pt for me and I’m already going stir crazy!

[QUOTE=Jbuchanan521]That’s really interesting infertilibaby! I have never heard of that but I am still feeling super bloated so I guess I should hold off. I don’t have anything between now and beta to determine of they are back to regular size. Thank you for the info![/QUOTE]

No problem! I don’t want to see any fellow gals need to have surgery for ovarian torsion! That would suck!

I learned about it when one of my friends got bad OHSS and they were worried about it with her because of all the extra fluid and everything.

I know not working out sucks but for me, a few weeks of not working out like normal is worth it in the end. We spend lots of money and time and we go through so much that it really isn’t worth the risk to damage our ovaries or have the process not work because we over did it with exercise. That is JMHO. I say do something moderate and when you get your BFP then figure out what you can do as your pregnancy goes along.