Failed 1st ivf attempt. Soooo Sad :(

Hi guys, I just found out that my first ivf attempt was a :bfn: I’m sooo sad. My DH and I were hoping it would be a positive. We have been TTC for a year now after I had a miscarriage for a chemical pregNancy last year. We might try again in a few months once I’m cleared by the RE… But I’m still so sad now… To top it off, my SIL gave birth yesterday and now I’m feeling more depressed. Pls help!

I failed my first three. Sadly, a lot of people don’t conceive with their first one. Everyone I know who was successful with IVF did not conceive on their first tries–but they did conceive. I know it’s frustrating because of how bad you want it and there’s nothing I can say to make the pain go away, but I wanted to give you hope just because your first or second, or in my case third attempt isn’t successful, it doesn’t mean you won’t get your beautiful baby one day. I’m so glad I continued because I wouldn’t have my daughter. As for the depression of people giving birth around you, I can only send you positive vibes and say I felt your pain. I tried to remain positive by focusing on what I had that other people didn’t have and just prayed that one day I’d have it all when I had my baby. Sending lots of strength your way. Good luck!

Hang in there Hun.

My first attempt failed and everyone I knew who did ivf was successful on their first attempt.

One day you will not be able to remember how deeply sad you feel right now. The pain will be gone.

Hugs.

So sorry that you are going through this pain. We can all relate to eachother in one way or another. My first IVF was cancelled due OHSS I was so heart broken , I was hospitalized for weeks and had to do an FET instead. I was very excited to learn after my FET I was pregnant but as you can see it my siggy it was short lived.

I think we all wish we had a crystal ball to know the outcome but unfortunately we never know…and I will be attending my baby cousin baby shower and she calls me and give me updates every day while I struggle with infertility

I wish you so much and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers just know you are not alone

Thank you guys! I’m feeling a little bit better today… Thank you for your support. I don’t have anyone to talk to here. I feel like no one understands me. My AF arrived already and we’re hoping to have our second ivf attempt in my next cycle. I’m hoping that our next attempt will give me and my DH babies to love… Life is full of trials I know, I’m not giving up on this… Even if I have to go through all those shots again…

Me 35, slightly decreased ovarian reserve
DH 41, low sperm count and motility

We have 1 baby boy who is turning 2 yrs old this year, normal pregnancy.
Had a chemical pregnancy April 2012

We found out we had a problem just this year…

1st ivf
May 29 - follitism started
June 10 - egg retrieval only 5 follicles, all mature, only 2 fertilized
June 13 - 2 embryo transfer, 1 8cell and 1 7cell
June 26 - :bfn:

I, like you, had a failed first IVF attempt (well failed fresh cycle and two fet’s). me and my husband are going to see a new re on august 1, 2013, and we couldn’t be happier. i am finally at peace and have a sense of calm about it all (and we have been trying for over four years now). God has a plan for all of us, and I agree with what someone said above…this is our burden to bear because we are the women that are strong enough to bear it. We all have our struggles…unfortunately infertility is our struggle. Please keep us posted when you do your second ivf attempt. please know all of us on this website will be rooting for you:)