Failed fresh...and failed frozen

sigh. :frowning:

so our fresh failed in October/November last year…we finally did one of our two frozens (we had 6 embies total…) and got the news today…

:bfn: :bfn: :bfn:

:grr: :grr: :grr:

I have NO reason or clues or anything. As far as we have ever known it’s been 100% male factor.

We have our WTF appt on monday…is there anything else I should ask him to check on me? I’ve done the three day…it came back fine. we’ve done the full RPL - it was fine…hsg - fine.

I just wanted say sorry about your sad news:grouphug: . They (your doctors) probably learned a great deal from your first cycle. I know it seems like it works the 1st time for a lot of people but it seems to me the 1st cycle is more like a “practice” session. I know that doesn’t make it any easier but at least they can fine tune changes to give you a greater chance a success next time.:grouphug:

Are they doing assisted hatching? When we switched clinics the new embryologist said that our embryos have a very thick zona and that perhaps the reason our previous cycles hadn’t been successful was because they hadn’t done assisted hatching.

[QUOTE=EmmaL]I just wanted say sorry about your sad news:grouphug: . They (your doctors) probably learned a great deal from your first cycle. I know it seems like it works the 1st time for a lot of people but it seems to me the 1st cycle is more like a “practice” session. I know that doesn’t make it any easier but at least they can fine tune changes to give you a greater chance a success next time.:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

I agree with Emma… Annie, please have faith in god and try to stay positive… If it is possible, try to take a break and maybe go on a short vacation to clear ur mind! :pray: :pray: for u… Here are some :grouphug: :grouphug:

Did you do a saline sonogram to check for abnormalities in your uterus? Or hysteroscopy or lap?

Did you do immune testing? I am not sure if that will help and it costs a lot of money but I did and mine was normal and I still have not seen success.

It could be your protocol. We have male factor as well but as you can see in my siggy I am still not pregnant. Recently changed doctors, used a different protocol follistim and menopur vs follistim alone. Results: 6 out of 8 blasts are chromosomally normal. I also did CGH (same day biopsy and done by the same lab) on 6 frozen embryos that i moved from my old doctor’s office that i used follistim alone. Results: all 6 are abnormal. My beta is Monday 4/1 but i no longer feel cramping i used to feel when i had bFp with my previous .cycles. Another thing using menopur and changing doctors (the lab technique is very important), i am able to get 8 blasts out of 18 retrieved. Previously at my old RE office i did two cycles with just follistim alone, i only managed to get 4 blasts out of 21 eggs retrieved in the first cycle and 3 blasts out of 31 eggs retrieved in the second cycle. So the protocol and the lab make a huge difference.

Like you i am frustrated as well with my body.

@ALEXI

Great news!
Who is your dr. and what clinic?
I dont think it is inly combination menopur/gonal f that plays a role alone- it is a dosage as well.
I used to be given higer dosages of gonal f than what i needed and we have a male factor as an issue.I believe that higher dosages create unsuitable environment for the fresh transfer and that might cause chemical or BNF. In my last cycle, my results were better with gonal f alone plus a dose was a half less than what I used to take.
We definitely need to know as much as possible to be our own advocates!

[QUOTE=alexi]Did you do a saline sonogram to check for abnormalities in your uterus? Or hysteroscopy or lap?

Did you do immune testing? I am not sure if that will help and it costs a lot of money but I did and mine was normal and I still have not seen success.

It could be your protocol. We have male factor as well but as you can see in my siggy I am still not pregnant. Recently changed doctors, used a different protocol follistim and menopur vs follistim alone. Results: 6 out of 8 blasts are chromosomally normal. I also did CGH (same day biopsy and done by the same lab) on 6 frozen embryos that i moved from my old doctor’s office that i used follistim alone. Results: all 6 are abnormal. My beta is Monday 4/1 but i no longer feel cramping i used to feel when i had bFp with my previous .cycles. Another thing using menopur and changing doctors (the lab technique is very important), i am able to get 8 blasts out of 18 retrieved. Previously at my old RE office i did two cycles with just follistim alone, i only managed to get 4 blasts out of 21 eggs retrieved in the first cycle and 3 blasts out of 31 eggs retrieved in the second cycle. So the protocol and the lab make a huge difference.

Like you i am frustrated as well with my body.[/QUOTE]

We have NOT done the hysteroscopy yet, but I’m going to ask for it. Even if it comes back “normal/no issues” at least I’ll know. I honestly can’t remember if we did a saline sonogram…I’m sure I’d remember if I have…lol so that’s probably a no - but after 3 years of this $*** it all runs together anymore.

Thing is, we LOVE our doctor. He’s really super nice and I’d feel bad going somewhere else…PLUS DH thinks if three times it doesn’t work, adoption is our only choice. and he absolutely will NOT do donor sperm or donor embryo.

I know that we are NOT using our last two embryos until I have every test known to man run on me. Everything. I even want to talk to him about why I can’t lose weight now - when from January 1 - March 15 I pretty much was at the gym every single day (ok, 5 out of 7 days a week)…I eat right. I eat absolutely NO junk food - I eat organic - NO caffeine, NO artificial sweeteners, lower fat, lower carb - extremely clean eating - I gave up all alcohol in February…and yet I can’t lose the weight I gained during our fresh. Not even a pound. Granted, during our fresh, it was “open season” as far as my eating goes and I ate everything in sight…lol - I seriously think it’s all connected. And I KNOW the fresh cycle screwed with my hormones (c’mon ya’ll know what we do to our bodies for a fresh cycle!). I want to get checked for heavy metals and everything. ****it. :grr:

Also - I asked about assisted hatching, the embryologist said it wasn’t needed with ours…next time I may insist.

@cosmopolitan, i go to GRS in AT.lanta. I see DrMc-Carth.yKeith but Dr K was the one that mostly adjusted my meds since DrMK was out town for a week during my stim. I sent you a private message asking about Dr Braverman :). I would be really interested to know what all he tests for.

@annie1979, looked like you have 6 blasts that is a good number I think. When your DH said 3 tries, does it include FET? I hope the hysteroscopy will tell you more. The reason why i changed dr is the nurses at my old RE office have missed a few things. The biggest thing that really hurt me was when one of the nurses called me with my last beta (before she told me to stop meds). She told me ‘congrats you’re pregnant’ (i was already jumping in excitement) then in a few secs later while coughing she said ‘oh i’m sorry your beta actually did not double’. I dunno if she was playing a joke on me. Then my old doctor also while nice and one of the best RE here, after my last chemical pregnancy he didnt call me after the nurse announced the bad news and gave me encouragement anymore. It was a Christmas weekend but still… He usually did after a BFN news to encourage me to try again. Then at my wtf appt, he said he didn’t expect I was a ‘difficult’ patient, he said he thought it would be easy to get me pregnant but then at the appt, he said I should use a surrogate. Nothing is wrong with that but it just showed he has gave up on me. As a doctor i dont think he should say, ‘you tell me what to do, I’ll do anything you want me to do’. Hmmmm… But i don’t know what to do if i know then i dont need to see a doctor . So that was my story. I hope your doctor will try everything he can to help you.