Failed IVF 3 times

Dear Friends,

I just had BFN on my third IVF. Struggling to cope. Can anyone please please tell me what you all did after multiple IVF failures to get a BFP. Looking for direction…

Priya10

[quote=Priya10]Dear Friends,

I just had BFN on my third IVF. Struggling to cope. Can anyone please please tell me what you all did after multiple IVF failures to get a BFP. Looking for direction…

Priya10[/quote]

I and DH loaded up on all kinds of supplements. Our problems were MFI and a uterus that was still healing post-surgery and implantation issues related to that. So a lot depends on what your specific issues are, and the reasons why your IVF cycles failed.

[QUOTE=Priya10]Dear Friends,

Priya10[/QUOTE]

First of all I would like to award ICANHAZBABIES with the BEST forum username in the WORLD award!! :clap:

I LOVE IT!! You seriously made my day as an avid lolcat fan.

Don’t give up! I don’t know what your situation is, but find a way. You have come so far. 3 IVFs is nothing to shrug at. Maybe a change of REIs is in order? I know women who changed Doctors and had success. I don’t know what your situation is, but maybe look at donor …parts.

Good luck hun… You WILL be a mom! :preg:

I too have had 3 failed IVF treatments and from what my Dr says my eggs are just not taking once they are transferred. She is not giving me any other reasons but egg donor. My DH and I are not going that route and are still searching for free trials in the houston area. If anyone knows of a place please let me know.

[QUOTE=april2580]I too have had 3 failed IVF treatments and from what my Dr says my eggs are just not taking once they are transferred. She is not giving me any other reasons but egg donor. My DH and I are not going that route and are still searching for free trials in the houston area. If anyone knows of a place please let me know.[/QUOTE]

April,

I don’t know if they covered all these bases or not, but did you start a baby aspirin regimen to aid implantation? Did they prescribe Dexamethasone or Medrol? Those are 2 steroid REIs use to aid implantation. Also the enzyme in pineapple core is said to aid too. I know you said he suggested a donor, and your not into that. I would let it marinate for a moment and think about some more. Whatever you decide best of luck, and don’t give up!! You will be a mommy soon! When there is a will there is a way!

Well my doctors never said I had implantation issues before. It was always poor quality egg. Just last month after my 3rd failed IVF she said for some reason they won’t implant. Didn’t even suggest a solution for it. I am switching dr’s and also searching the message board for other women who have implantation problems.

Remind me again what Dexamethasone and Medrol are?

Mentally, I will not be able to handle the egg donor route. We agreed if I can’t have a baby then we will simple adopt.

Heya!

Well Dexa and Medrol are both steroids that REIs prescribe during the IVF 2WW it makes it so your body doesn’t reject the embryos and therefor they implant and stay implanted. Baby aspirin helps because it thins the blood and makes the blood flow better in your oven.

I agree with you about not wanting to use a donor. That is a VERY personal decision, but women with egg quality issues chose this route, but if its not for you, then its not for you. =)

I don’t like that they didn’t offer you a solution. Is there another REI you can try dealing with? I also don’t like how your Dr. didn’t give you a steroid to aid implantation.

Is there another REI in your area? Do you have any frozen left? If so demand to cycle using Medrol!

Good Luck hun!

ICANHAZBABIES - what type of surgery did you have to remove fibroids? and how long after surgery did you proceed with IVF?

Hmm. The only thing they had me on was progesterone and I’ve done that several times before with no luck. Each time I’ve done the IVF I only ended up with 2 and none frozen. I am also doing acupuncture to help improve my egg quality.

So… when I find another doctor in Houston I will be sure to bring up the two meds you mentioned above.