Failed Ivf with ICSI cycle

Hi Girls

So my 1st Ivf cycle is a failure, took my beta yesterday n got a:bfn: . My doc asked me to stop progesterone n that my :af: Will start.

Now I have been seeing red blood from 3dp3dt. My nurse had then told me it must be from my cervix as I have cervical ectropion and I was taking vaginal suppositories.

The last suppositry I took was at around 6:30 am yesterday,and mabbe since around 3 pm yesterday I haven’t seen a single spot of blood except some brown blood( what I was waiting for the last 10 days) spotting this am.

I am soo confused. Any idea on when one should expect AF after a failed cycle? I want to get done with my AF and lead the life of a normal woman for atleast one month!!

Also, most of the details of my protocol are in my signature, can anyone tell me , what questions I should ask my doc on my follow up visit?

Thanks!

It takes about 4 days for AF to arrive for me once I stop progesterone.

I’m sorry about your failed cycle.

[quote=IvfIndia]Hi Girls

So my 1st Ivf cycle is a failure, took my beta yesterday n got a:bfn: . My doc asked me to stop progesterone n that my :af: Will start.

Now I have been seeing red blood from 3dp3dt. My nurse had then told me it must be from my cervix as I have cervical ectropion and I was taking vaginal suppositories.

The last suppositry I took was at around 6:30 am yesterday,and mabbe since around 3 pm yesterday I haven’t seen a single spot of blood except some brown blood( what I was waiting for the last 10 days) spotting this am.

I am soo confused. Any idea on when one should expect AF after a failed cycle? I want to get done with my AF and lead the life of a normal woman for atleast one month!!

Also, most of the details of my protocol are in my signature, can anyone tell me , what questions I should ask my doc on my follow up visit?

Thanks![/quote]It took about 3 days for me.

[quote=IvfIndia]Hi Girls

Thanks![/quote]

I’m so sorry your first cycle failed. Mine did too. I know it really sucks. It took about 4 days or so after stopping progesterone for AF to arrive.

Some questions you might want to ask:

What do they think caused embryo quality to be poor?
Any ideas why so few fertilized, even with icsi?
If we do another cycle, what changes can we make to my protocol to try for better results?
Are there any supplements I can take to improve egg quality? Melatonin? DHEA?
What are my chances of success going forward with my own eggs? Should we look at donor eggs or donor sperm?
When can we try again?

Good luck in wherever this journey takes you next. It’s definitely not an easy road to be on!

Thank u ll for the responses. Is my nurse crazy to tell me to expect my AF in 2 weeks time?

PluwExtra: thanks for the list of questions, it’s very helpful. GL to u!!

Hi,

I just had a failed mini cycle with ICSI. I’m waiting for AF. I have cramps and stopped progesterone today. I think all the meds screw up our bodies and it might take some time to get back on track. :babydust:

Im so sorry:(

for me it is always 2 weeks.

Thanks all, I got my AF.

Tomo is my follow-up appt after the failed cycle. Do ang of you have anything to add to the list of qs pluwextra has listed for me? Just anxious to not miss anything.

Next steps

Hi
Had our follow-up visit today and mostly plan on trying another Ivf cycle after my next AF. The doc said that the issue with this cycle is that out of 12 follicles we got only 6 mature eggs, and so they plan to reduce my lupron dosge the next cycle.

Also ET got way too complicated and they plan to alter that too.
:pray: That our next cycle will give us the beautiful babies we like to dream about.

GL to all you girls!

[quote=IvfIndia]Hi
Had our follow-up visit today and mostly plan on trying another Ivf cycle after my next AF. The doc said that the issue with this cycle is that out of 12 follicles we got only 6 mature eggs, and so they plan to reduce my lupron dosge the next cycle.

Also ET got way too complicated and they plan to alter that too.
:pray: That our next cycle will give us the beautiful babies we like to dream about.

GL to all you girls![/quote]
How many follicles did you have >14 mm on trigger day? My RE said a good rule of thumb is that anything 15 mm or larger is mature (14 mm is borderline). I notice that 15 mm was your average size, so I’m guessing plenty of those 14 follicles were smaller? I wonder if they should have let you stim for atleast 1 more day :frowning:

icanhaz : here is the final report i had on my follicles

Right ovary : 18.70, 15.07, 13.11, 17.83, 17.22, 19.27, 18.58,14.91

left ovary : 16.39, 12.89, 10.47, 13.87, 13.85

u think many of them were too small?

This time around they want to try the micro dose lupron on me, though i’m not a poor responder, they want to do this to reduce the supression.

[quote=IvfIndia]Hi Girls

Thanks![/quote]

I cycled in Nov too I got a BFP with only a 16 and it dropped to 11 2 days later so ended in a chemical pregnancy.
The day after I stopped PIO AF started. I bled longer than normally about 6 days. Today is the first day I stopped.
My dr suggested we do immunological blood work before our next cycle just to rule out any issues there. You might want to ask you dr about that…

[QUOTE=AshleyRB]I cycled in Nov too I got a BFP with only a 16 and it dropped to 11 2 days later so ended in a chemical pregnancy.
The day after I stopped PIO AF started. I bled longer than normally about 6 days. Today is the first day I stopped.
My dr suggested we do immunological blood work before our next cycle just to rule out any issues there. You might want to ask you dr about that…[/QUOTE]

Ashley: sorry to hear your story. :pray: that our time comes soon.

I think ( can’t be sure as I was bleeding after ET continuously) I got my AF on 12/3, 2 days after I stopped my suppository and am YET spotting!

Do u know what is immunological BW?

Btw have you decided when ur next cycle is going to be?

Hi,

First of all…so sorry that this cycle did not work out for you. As for what might be done next cycle, it seems to me that they clearly triggered you too early. You had six follies well over 15 and no surprise…six were mature. I would ask the Dr. to #1 stim a day or two longer and to use Ganerilix or Cetrotide to prevent early ovulation and to allow the other follies to grow. GL to you.

[quote=IvfIndia]icanhaz : here is the final report i had on my follicles

Right ovary : 18.70, 15.07, 13.11, 17.83, 17.22, 19.27, 18.58,14.91

left ovary : 16.39, 12.89, 10.47, 13.87, 13.85

u think many of them were too small?

This time around they want to try the micro dose lupron on me, though i’m not a poor responder, they want to do this to reduce the supression.[/quote]

Yes, I would say that 4 follicles in your left ovary and one in your right ovary (all the 13s and 12s) were definitely too small to have mature eggs. That leaves 8, of which 2 borderline ones (the 15.07 and 14.91) ended up not being mature :frowning: Normally the follicles do grow a little during the 36 hours after the trigger shot, but the problem is that some follicles grow more than others, so it’s quite possible that the larger follicles grew a little more and the 14s and 15s remained where they were.

I don’t know why they did not let you stim for one more day. I’d have understood if some of your follicles had been say, 24 or 25 mm, then there would be the danger of some eggs being overcooked, but at a lead follicle size in the 18s, I’d think you could have easily gone for another day.

Classic & icanhaz: I wish I had been a li’l more patient, I know in my mind I was dyin for stims to stop :frowning: I Donno if that influenced their decision . I feel so bad.

Classic : GL for if beta

Icanhaz: :pray: For ur beta nums to rise

[quote=IvfIndia]Classic & icanhaz: I wish I had been a li’l more patient, I know in my mind I was dyin for stims to stop :frowning: I Donno if that influenced their decision . I feel so bad.

Icanhaz: :pray: For ur beta nums to rise[/quote]
No, I don’t think they’d have decided to stop unless you were experiencing adverse reactions. The only reason I can think of is if you had experienced a growth spurt the previous day - if, say, your follicles had grown overnight from 14 mm to 18mm. Then, they may worry that the 18mm can grow overnight to 22 or 23 if you stim for another day. Then you start looking at a tradeoff scenario - number of eggs are you going to risk overcooking vs number of immature eggs catching up. The thing is that the number of stim days is a totally subjective decision, and in this instance, I think your RE made a mistake.

If something similar happens in the next cycle, ask your RE to walk you through his/ her thought process - what is the risk of stimming for another day? What are the benefits? and so on…

Thanks for your wishes, I am anxiously awaiting the results of today’s beta.

[quote=IvfIndia]Classic & icanhaz: I wish I had been a li’l more patient, I know in my mind I was dyin for stims to stop :frowning: I Donno if that influenced their decision . I feel so bad.

Icanhaz: :pray: For ur beta nums to rise[/quote]

Thank you…and don’t look back. Nothing that you said should have influenced them to trigger you earlier than was warranted…you did nothing wrong.

[quote=icanhazbabies]No, I don’t think they’d have decided to stop unless you were experiencing adverse reactions. The only reason I can think of is if you had experienced a growth spurt the previous day - if, say, your follicles had grown overnight from 14 mm to 18mm. Then, they may worry that the 18mm can grow overnight to 22 or 23 if you stim for another day. Then you start looking at a tradeoff scenario - number of eggs are you going to risk overcooking vs number of immature eggs catching up. The thing is that the number of stim days is a totally subjective decision, and in this instance, I think your RE made a mistake.

If something similar happens in the next cycle, ask your RE to walk you through his/ her thought process - what is the risk of stimming for another day? What are the benefits? and so on…

Thanks for your wishes, I am anxiously awaiting the results of today’s beta.[/quote]

icanhaz ; have u got ur results as yet? please keep me posted.:pray:

n yes, thank you, i’ll remember to ask this time around.

Classic : thank you. and i meant GL for ur ET tomo ! keep me posted on how it goes.:cross: