Failed ivf

Well, we went in with high hopes. RE even was positive about a success. We are strictly MF. Dh has cavd. RE said I had a perfect uterus. We transferred 2 perfect blasts. I got a positive hpt at 6dp5dt. Our first beta we got a 128. We were over the moon. 2 days later, my beta was 55. They want to test again. But they are pretty sure it isn’t a viable pregnancy. All my symptoms are gone. I asked if maybe both had taken and then one stopped. They said no.

We can’t wrap our mind around it. What on earth could’ve happened from Wednesday morning to Friday morning?

I’m sorry that you have to ho through this. I have been there. …
Did you have your blasts pgd tested? If yes, then perhaps some immune issues are involved.

Wish you success next time!

It sounds like something that happens to a lot of women. In the non-IVF world, this happens all the time–a woman gets pregnant, then loses the baby before she even knew she was pregnant. In the IVF world, we knew the embryo was in there so we know we lost it. It’s very sad, but it’s actually a great sign that you got two perfect blasts and at least one of them took. That’s hopeful for the future.

Do you have any frozens or will you need to do IVF again?

A cloud with a silver lining. It didn’t stay there but it was able to implant for sure. That’s what my doctor said when I went through something similar.
Sorry for your loss but keep the faith for the next time. Best wishes.

I am so sorrry. IVF is a painful and unforgiving process. And unfortunately, things like this happen all the time.

I’m taking another test tomorrow but I just want it to be over. I’m tired of the sad uncertainty. The RE is just as upset. He had high hopes too.

We have 2 more perfect blasts frozen but this has financially tapped us out for at least a year. I told Dh we should just focus on us for a while. Then we can slowly save money for a FET with no immediate deadline. We need a break from this stress.

Oh Gigi, I just had some time to get caught up on the July/August thread and heard your news. I thought maybe it was better just to post here in this thread. I don’t believe in telling people comforting lies, but fortunately in your case, I don’t have to. You had a good run your first IVF cycle. You had 2 perfect blasts, and the second cycle is pretty much always better than the first. In a competent clinic, your RE is able to learn from the lessons of your first cycle and adjust the process to give you a better chance next time.

With our first cycle, we experienced something very similar to you and your husband. We got a positive, but it didn’t last for very long. And yes, we let our minds wander carelessly, too, even though we knew there might be a miscarriage. For the first few days after, my wife was insistent that we were done, even though I wanted to keep going for as long as we could. Seeing all that money purchase nothing but grief and sadness was overwhelming for both of us, but more so for her since her job is very stressful. But she changed her mind after a few weeks, just like I’m confident your husband will. I suspect this episode will make him miss children in his life ever more, and it will sharpen his resolve.

I hope you try again, but not because I believe in miracles— if you needed a miracle, I’d tell you to throw in the towel. Your odds are still very good at this point, all you need is grit and perseverance.

So sorry about your failed IVF

Hi, I just wanted to give you my sympaythies and let you know that you are not alone. What we are going through is so stressful and very, very sad when it does not work. My hubby and I just finished up our 1st IVF and it was :bfn: . We also had high hopes that it would work. My RE told me my uterus was ‘perfect’ and we also transfered two perfect day 6 blasts. Unfortunately :af: showed up 7dp5dt and it was all over. After reading your story I almost feel better that AF showed up because I just dont know how I could have dealt with what you are going through. Getting a :bfp: and then a great first Beta and then such dissappointing news must have been double the heartbreak. But stay strong and one day we will both have our angels in our arms. Good luck.

[QUOTE=winslowsmom]Hi, I just wanted to give you my sympaythies and let you know that you are not alone. What we are going through is so stressful and very, very sad when it does not work. My hubby and I just finished up our 1st IVF and it was :bfn: . We also had high hopes that it would work. My RE told me my uterus was ‘perfect’ and we also transfered two perfect day 6 blasts. Unfortunately :af: showed up 7dp5dt and it was all over. After reading your story I almost feel better that AF showed up because I just dont know how I could have dealt with what you are going through. Getting a :bfp: and then a great first Beta and then such dissappointing news must have been double the heartbreak. But stay strong and one day we will both have our angels in our arms. Good luck.[/QUOTE]
I’m not sure if it is correct what I’m going to say, but perhaps day 6 transfer is not the best timing. I would like to see statistics of day 6 transfers, but I wad told that li ing on day 6 is not at its prime. Naybe that wad the readon for your failure. I also had day 6 transfer and failed. However, in my case maybe some other factors played the role. This is why I would like to hear more day 6 transfer stories.

We got the confirmed negative today. Was told to stop meds. At first news of this on Friday, Dh was upset and said “no more money wasted on this”

Today he got the call on the negative b/c I was at a training and didn’t want to get the news at work. After, he told me what I already knew. We cried a little and then he started brainstorming next steps.

So demian, you were right about Dh having resolve.

Thanks for all your support.

[QUOTE=Gigi3]We got the confirmed negative today. Was told to stop meds. At first news of this on Friday, Dh was upset and said “no more money wasted on this”

Today he got the call on the negative b/c I was at a training and didn’t want to get the news at work. After, he told me what I already knew. We cried a little and then he started brainstorming next steps.

So demian, you were right about Dh having resolve.

Thanks for all your support.[/QUOTE]

I’m so glad to hear that you have a supportive partner at your side. The first cycle was the trial run, and the next one will be even better. You are both still so young! Please don’t be a stranger around these parts.

Gigi
I’m so sorry, I had my first fresh transfer at the end of June 1top grade 5 day blast and another ok blast. It was a bfn. This has got to be the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with in my life so I can relate to your heart ache. We scour these boards looking for comfort and answers. If you can afford another try I would suggest doing it but take a mental breather. I literally have just started to feel better…well as good as possible this week. I started acupuncture right after I got my bfn. It has really helped me relax. It’s pricey but I recommend it. Hang in there. I’ll send positive energy.

Gigi, I’m so sorry for your loss. That happened on our first cycle, too. I hope you can try again with success very soon!