Failed my first IUI should I try again?

Hey I’m newbie here… Just wish you all can give me some opinion :grouphug:

Last month I have tried my first IUI with Gonal F, unfortunately I got period now after 14 days of my IUI. So I’m wondering should I try again? or rest one month and TTC naturally this month then only go for next IUI December 2010.

My brain is empty now… Don’t know what to do :grr: :grr: beg god to give me a beautiful gift about two years but haven’t receive the gift omh!! :pray: :pray:

[quote=Jessica_j]Hey I’m newbie here… Just wish you all can give me some opinion :grouphug:

Last month I have tried my first IUI with Gonal F, unfortunately I got period now after 14 days of my IUI. So I’m wondering should I try again? or rest one month and TTC naturally this month then only go for next IUI December 2010.

My brain is empty now… Don’t know what to do :grr: :grr: beg god to give me a beautiful gift about two years but haven’t receive the gift omh!! :pray: :pray:[/quote]

I usually skip a couple of months between IUIs, but that’s mostly because we are paying out of pocket. Either way is fine - no reason not try again unless you didn’t respond to the meds or your RE wants to change your protocol.

:babydust:

I would say if you can emotionally and financially support it, go for it. I just went through 2 IUI’s in 2 months and am contemplating if I should go back for my 3rd. So technically, there is nothing that says anything against it.

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”]When you go in for your CD3 blood work and u/s, that’s the main determining factor of whether you can go forward. I had to take 2 months off for elevated E2 levels and a cyst after my first cycle with injectables in August.

If you’re feeling up to it…go for it…no time like the present, right?

Keep praying…I will :pray: for you and all of us on here so we all get that special gift![/FONT]

I did 3 IUIs in 3 months and got pregnant on my third. As the others have said, it really depends on whether you can afford it financially, emotionally and physically.

[QUOTE=FormerJerseyGirl]I did 3 IUIs in 3 months and got pregnant on my third. As the others have said, it really depends on whether you can afford it financially, emotionally and physically.[/QUOTE]
You know the greatest challenge in all this along our journey is courage and strength. I will say it is good to keep at it.My re use to tell us it builds up our chances. I got BFP after not doing IUI after 3 tries back to back. I don’t know your history but maybe to rethink the preovulation process you took and try a few days less or more. It’s okay…we have all been there and you will question wether or not to keep going.But always stay true to yourself. We were about to take a break and the BFP came.Good Luck(as I always say ladybug luck to you :slight_smile:

Esperanza
XOXO

You know the greatest challenge in all this along our journey is courage and strength. I will say it is good to keep at it.My re use to tell us it builds up our chances. I got BFP after not doing IUI after 3 tries back to back. I don’t know your history but maybe to rethink the preovulation process you took and try a few days less or more. It’s okay…we have all been there and you will question wether or not to keep going.But always stay true to yourself. We were about to take a break and the BFP came.Good Luck(as I always say ladybug luck to you :slight_smile:

Esperanza
XOXO

As everyone else said, it really depends on whether you’re ready to do it again right away. I did 2 IUIs in b2b months and was going to do a 3rd, but it got canceled this week due to a cyst. So I’m taking a month off. I was ready to do a 3rd, but I think part of me is glad to have the emotional and physical break. It can be very hard on you. But there’s no reason not to do another one right away if you’re ready. Good luck!

I agree with everyone else. If your RE doesn’t advise against it, you can afford it and can emotionally handle it then I say go for it. Tomorrow is 14dpiui for me and if I get a :bfn: we are going to try our 2nd iui right away without waiting a month or two. My DH and i agreed from the get go that we’d do 3 rounds of iui before we took a break if the RE is good with that. Best of luck and I’ll :pray: for you.