Faint second line..can I be pregnant?

I was wondering if a very faint line can mean your pregnant? I am on day 25, but 13 days past my ovulation, and this morning I used a First response test this morning and had a very strong line and then a very, very faint light pink line. I have never had a positive before so I am not sure. I did take a cheaper test as well and got a similar response, the light line even a little lighter though.

I am kinda of freaking out, but don’t want to get to excited since the line was so faint.

Thoughts…???

My lines were VERY faint for a few days with both of my pregnancies. A line is a line! :slight_smile: I’d say a congrats is in order!!

heres a pic

Here’s a pic. Today is day 25. It is just so light that I am not sure.??

Mine was even fainter than that to start! I can totally see it! CONGRATS!

I SEE IT TOO! I say buy a digital if you want to really see PREGNANT result :slight_smile:
Congrats

I have to agree, that is a line!!! Congratulations! :clap:

it was positive…now negative this morning

Thank you everyone for you sweet responses. After having so many negative tests it was nice to see a positive for the first time.

But unfortunately, I woke up this morning and took another test and it came back negative. And my breasts which have been sore are starting to feel less sore, and I think if I was pregnant the reverse would happen.

Not really sure what to think…

Did you use the same brand of test?

shot…?

Yes…Same brand. I am going to go for a blood test tomorrow morning. I spoke to the nurse and she said it could still have been some HCG shot in my system. I am confused though. I thought the medicine would be out of my body between 7-10 days. It was 14 days after when I took my first test

I don’t know what to think at the moment

Hi Ladies,

Need your help here. I had my IUI done on 11/18 so my 2ww ended on 12/4. Below are the HPT test results:

12/4 Morning
Test 1 - Took David Pregnancy Test strip and showed up a VERY faint second line

Test 2 - Took First Response Early Pregnancy test stick and showed up a clearer but fainter than the based line second line

12/5 Morning
Test 1 - Took ept Early Pregnancy Test stick with ± window. A + sign showed up within minutes but the vertical line was faint. BUT after about 5-8 minutes the center vertical line gradually faded and after 10 minutes the vertical line was completely gone, showing a :bfn:

Test 2 - Took First Response Digital stick and within 1 minute or so the screen showed “Yes!”

Test 3 - Took David Pregnancy Test strip again and showed up a faint second line, but darker than 12/4

Now I’m concerned about the ept stick result. Why is the vertical line gone after 10 minutes? Does anyone have similar experience with this brand? I read on peeonastick.com and it is saying if the center vertical line disappears after 10 minutes it means the result should be negative. But I’ve used two other different brands now (with one digital) and they all showed positive. Really confused now…

My next step is schedule a Beta test with my RE. Will report back.

[quote=GC133]Hi Ladies,

Need your help here. I had my IUI done on 11/18 so my 2ww ended on 12/4. Below are the HPT test results:

12/4 Morning
Test 1 - Took David Pregnancy Test strip and showed up a VERY faint second line

Test 2 - Took First Response Early Pregnancy test stick and showed up a clearer but fainter than the based line second line

12/5 Morning
Test 1 - Took ept Early Pregnancy Test stick with ± window. A + sign showed up within minutes but the vertical line was faint. BUT after about 5-8 minutes the center vertical line gradually faded and after 10 minutes the vertical line was completely gone, showing a :bfn:

Test 2 - Took First Response Digital stick and within 1 minute or so the screen showed “Yes!”

Test 3 - Took David Pregnancy Test strip again and showed up a faint second line, but darker than 12/4

Now I’m concerned about the ept stick result. Why is the vertical line gone after 10 minutes? Does anyone have similar experience with this brand? I read on peeonastick.com and it is saying if the center vertical line disappears after 10 minutes it means the result should be negative. But I’ve used two other different brands now (with one digital) and they all showed positive. Really confused now…

My next step is schedule a Beta test with my RE. Will report back.[/quote]

I actually had the exact same thing happen to me this morning with the EPT + or - test. My control line was super dark, but the test box was soooooo light. Even the - line was super duper light, but I could actually see a positive line for about 5 minutes and then it pretty much turned into a “shadow.” I don’t know it very well could be the test for sure. Today I am 11dpo but am on CD 27 of 28. So I guess I will test again in a day or so and see what happens. I have to go to Walmart today so I am about to pick up several different kinds of tests. I guess the more I have to choose from the better off I am.

Good luck and I hope this is it for you! :babydust:

If you read the instructions, you might have some better feelings. There is at least one test (I think it is EPT or First Response) that says not to read after 10 minutes and assume that a negative is a negative. From what you are saying, I would say it that you are pregnant and the test just doesn’t work for more than 10 minutes. Good luck!

Thanks ladies for the boost and assurance. I took another David strip and First Response yesterday and this morning and they all showed :bfp:. The lines are getting darker as well:clap:. Did my 1st Beta this morning and will report back on the final results towards end of the week.

[quote=RosieGirl]I was wondering if a very faint line can mean your pregnant? I am on day 25, but 13 days past my ovulation, and this morning I used a First response test this morning and had a very strong line and then a very, very faint light pink line. I have never had a positive before so I am not sure. I did take a cheaper test as well and got a similar response, the light line even a little lighter though.

I am kinda of freaking out, but don’t want to get to excited since the line was so faint.

Thoughts…???[/quote]
just wondering how i see your picture of your faided line ?

hi i took a pregnancy test today and it went straight to the negative line but after abot 30 seconds there was a faint line on the positive mark but then after 10 to 15 mins it dissapeared could i be pregnant? heeeelp

What treatments have you done?

If not doing a trigger shot an just a certain drug an TI it could be a real postive… How many days are you?

If I was you test again in the morning with first urine…

:paw:

Im new on here but would really appreciate any advice or thoughts. I am now 9 days late and 22dpo I have been getting bfn. I took a test this morning and like the others it said negative so 4 mins later I go to use the bathroom and just looked at it again and there was a faint line which would make 2 lines… I compared the other tests I had took previously and they don’t have that line. Could I be??? Fingers crossed. Have had sore boobs, wake up in the morning with nausea, headaches etc

I need your help. Scared

My gf and I had protected sex on Jan 5. Full blown period came on Jan 16, right on time. Would that mean shes not pregnant. Anyways… Feb 13 she was suppose to have another period and she hasnt started yet. Could she still be pregnant? I thought a period was flushing out the egg and the lining. Wouldnt that mean a egg is not fertilized. Only help please. Just asking for opinions.

confused

had 2 very faint lines in 5 min today but yesterday was neg. am i pg:bfp:

[quote=achiever89]Im new on here but would really appreciate any advice or thoughts. I am now 9 days late and 22dpo I have been getting bfn. I took a test this morning and like the others it said negative so 4 mins later I go to use the bathroom and just looked at it again and there was a faint line which would make 2 lines… I compared the other tests I had took previously and they don’t have that line. Could I be??? Fingers crossed. Have had sore boobs, wake up in the morning with nausea, headaches etc[/quote] you are prego with my son took 3 test 1 neg and 2 days later very faint line