Feb 2011

Just wanted to start a thread for us lucky ladies who will have a very special February. This will be my fourth fresh cycle and my dh and I will be trying for no 2. I am a little nervous, I am going to a new re because of financial reasons and the office is two plus hour away. I hope the drive doesn’t prevent my piece of mind with the whole process. I would love to share this experience with you. Baby dust to all

Hi! I was looking for a thread for February. I too will be joining you in the month. We have been ttc since Oct 2008. It’s going to be nice to be able to chat with someone is going through this as well.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Me: no problems[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]Dh: Male factor[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]12 yr old stepson with Cystic Fibrosis. LOVE HIM![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]:paw: 4year old English Mastiff [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]TTC 2 and 1/2 years[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]50mg Clomid for 6 months[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]50mg Clomid and iui #1 in March 10’ unsuccessful[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]50mg Clomid and iui #2 in July 10’ unsuccessful[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]IVF #1 in February.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][/FONT]
I am getting very excited about February but also am very nervous. We have a great RE and i am so ready. Are you doing anything special to prepare? I will be thinking of you and wishing you lots of baby dust!
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

Jessi :welcome: sorry that you are dealing with the roller coaster of IF but I am glad that I will have a buddy they all this craziness. As for doing anything special, this is my last week of caffeine and alcohol… hopefully I will make it thru the holidays and my in-laws without it, thinking about doing acupuncture but not ready for that yet and I just talked to my friend and her re gave her some advice about reducing crabs for better egg quality, not sure if i can cut out my pasta but thinking about that too, how about you?

Good luck to you as well and hopefully we can keep each other sane thru this crazy ride.

Hi Historyteach! Thanks for starting a February thread! DH and I are on our last weekend of caffeine and alcohol. He is sad about the coffee, I am sad about the wine… But whatever it takes to improve our chances, we will do. I have been doing acupuncture for a couple of months. Not sure if it will help with the IVF cycle, but it sure is relaxing for me. Plus I really like the acupuncturist, she really seems to care about my overall health, which it is nice to have someone like that on your team.

JessiLee - looking forward to getting to know you!

ETA: good to know about the carbs. I went to see a nutritionist a few months back and she suggested that I up the protein and decrease the carbs, and I have been slacking on that. Thanks for the extra motivation!

Wow tabitha you have been thru a lot. I am impressed with your will and determination. And I agree that the acupuncturist is very relaxing, it is just soo expensive, we just don’t have the funds to pay for that right now, maybe after the holidays.

Are you trying anything different this round? We are at a new re and he doesn’t use BCPs, not really sure about that because Af has been screwed up since I stopped bf.

I will be joining you all in February, as well. This is my second go around with IVF, so this time I need some support! I had my first failed IVF in October 2010. My DH and I have unexplained infertility, so going through this frustrating process again.

Also, I am BRCA 1 positive, so hopefully I don’t have to pump myself up with hormones again after this round.

When does everyone start their process? I believe I start in late December.

Hello! I guess I will join in this thread as the Winter thread has been slowing down. I think I will be cycling in Feb - depending on AF. Still haven’t gotten Nov, but if I was on schedule it would have been yesterday. With my crazy cycle, it could be another 2 weeks, meaning we won’t start stims until late Jan/early Feb. I think I have to start BCPs after next AF, as I need to do Day 3 labs.

I am currently recovering from a myomectomy, so have been complaining a lot about it - mainly being tired post-surgery. Hopefully I will feel ready to start again in 2 months.

My DH and I are planning our first IVF in Feb., if our 3rd and final IUI doesn’t work in December. So it’ll be nice to have some cycle buddies. I don’t think I start my BCPs until Jan. and then stims in early Feb. It looks like you all have lots of experience with IVF, so I will need your input as this will be my first.

Orchid: We are also unexplained infertility and I was hoping IVF might help explain some of it. Did your first one give you any clues as to why you’re not getting pregnant?

:welcome: ladies. We were also unexplained infertility, only after my miscarriages I was diagnosed as recurrent pregnancy lost, and we have never gotten a straight answer about dh sperm, if you are looking for answers, I hope you get them because we are still at a lost why we can’t get pregnant.

I too am waiting for Af and she has been all screwed up since I had my dd, I am hoping that she cooperates.

Hey history teach! I remember you from back in the day!!! I wish you the best of luck in February! We were just successful in our attempt for #2 this month!!!

-Shelly

Congrats shelly, keep me posted. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. And you have given me hope, this is going to work!

Thank you! Try to stay as positive as possible - I thought from the beginning, “This is going to work!” We have had a TON of BFPs in the November 2010 IVF group… it is awesome. It will happen for you, too!!!

Welcome everyone!!

jp362 & orchid - it must be very frustrating to not have a diagnosis. I can remember the day when my OB told me that he thought that I had endometriosis I was actually a little excited! Because finally we had an answer to why we couldn’t get pregnant. It is a very frustrating process.

scarlettwonder - I hope you start to feel better soon!

Historyteach - yes we are completely changing protocols this time. We did the antagonist protocol for IVF #1 - bfn. Then for IVF #2-5 we did the long lupron suppression protocol. Which worked for cycle #2, but we have gotten bad results since then. Also, I am doing two months of Lupron Depot shots to alleviate any problems that my endo may be causing. Hopefully the combination of these changes will make this cycle work.

I am happy to report AF came on time :af: . I am actually happy about this. After 2 yrs. TTC, PCOS and LOONG, irregular cycles, it so good to have 30-some-odd day cycles! Yes, I’m excited. It tempted me to try natural this month, but then I am still in the 3-month myomectomy post-op period, and don’t want to chance it. My body is just not ready for the abuse of pregnancy, were it to happen - which it probably wouldn’t naturally anyway (due to DH issues). So I will just enjoy the holidays. I will go in for Day 3 labs this weekend, and next AF after the holidays I will start BCPs.

It is crazy to say but congrats on Af, it can be so frustrating to deal with the fact that she never cooperates

Thanks for starting this thread! This is my first time with IVF (or any infertility treatment) so I am completely overwhelmed and excited to have others to talk to. DH and I just went to a class at our hospital yesterday to learn the process and our heads are spinning! Depending on AF, I should be starting Lupron in mid-January, then I’ll be on Gonal-F.

As far as going off alcohol and caffeine early, is that something you are choosing to do? I was looking forward to celebrating the holidays with some wine before all the madness starts!

Welcome evanskl4!!

I think that many clinics recommend refraining from alcohol and caffiene for a short time before your cycle. My clinic actually requires both me and my DH to stop all alcohol and caffeine for a minimum of three weeks before a cycle because we are in a shared risk program. My RE tells me that there are studies that show that alcohol and caffeine can have an impact on your chances of success.

Yeah, I was wondering about the alcohol and caffeine thing, too. I was also looking forward to having some around the holidays. I have one more IUI coming up in a couple of weeks and I don’t drink during the 2ww anyway. So I guess I should stop altogether pretty much soon, right? (I will be doing BCPs in January and starting early Feb. IVF).

Drinking alcohol can really be subjective, my old re told.me that there is research to show how red wine can be helpful in a cycle and also the stress of a cycle, one drink here or there to relieve stress is actually better than the stress. There is just so much that they don’t know, it is crazy but they know more about cow reproduction than they do about human, and so much is trial and error. Unfortunately we are paying for it both emotionally and money.

In the end you have to do what is comfortable for you and follow your doc orders
Happy weekend, hope you are all having a relaxing weekend

This is all very helpful information, thanks so much!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!