Feb 2015 FET

Hi ladies,

Anyone having a February FET? Please join me and let’s support each other. Thanks!

Hi, I’m having a February FET. I am going in tomorrow for the last of my pre-testing (a saline sonogram and a mammagram). I started BCPs on the day after Christmas. Hopefully, tomorrow I’ll have more of a schedule.

Ohhh! Keep us updated on your progress Fabbeauty and Dragongirl :slight_smile:

Saline sonogram went well. I received my box of medications, though one item is on backorder. FET is currently scheduled for Feb 19.

Welcome dragon girl,

I had my 3rd hysteroscopy done last month. Just waiting for my next period to start estrace and minivelle. So nervous and excited at the same time.

Thanks, Fabbeauty. I hope all runs smoothly with your FET.

I will be meeting with the RN for Injection Review and Payments on Monday, Jan 19. I’m currently on BCPs. I’ll be starting Lupron injections on Jan 23. I’m still waiting for one more medication (Estradiol Valerate, which is on a big backorder. It sounds like the pharmacy has some in different dosages and was going to contact my clinic to discuss which one to send me).

I’m very nervous. I did have success with my last fresh IVF (DS born August 16, 2013) and the frozen Embies I have are from that cycle. It was a very good cycle, but I was 41 years old at the time of the retrieval, so my success chances are fairly small. Though despite the small chance of success, my RE felt it was better to only transfer 2 embies (I have 4 total) because since I had previous success apparently my possibility of multiples is slightly higher. Assuming, they both survive the thaw, we will transfer the 2 best embryos, which are frozen together (and the other 2 are frozen together). If none of these embryos work then we are done because we will not pay for any more fresh cycles since we do have one child, but I really hope for a sibling for him.

Dragongirl, I hope he gets a sibling too!!! Excited for you Fabbeauty! :slight_smile:

I got the last of my medications on Wednesday. Now on Monday I go to the clinic to make my payment and get an injection review. I also got my Mammagram results back (was required due to me being 43). The results were good. They say the tissue is dense, but I think that’s because I only stopped nursing my DS in November (Mammography would have preferred me to wait for 6 months after stopping nursing, but i needed the test done in order to do my FET).

Waiting for cycle to start this week and I am good to go! I will be doing estrace vaginally, minivelle patches and baby aspirin. Can’t wait! Excited and nervous at the same time!

Fabbeauty, congrats on starting. I started Lupron 2 nights ago (and baby aspirin). Today was my last BCP. I will start Estrodiol shots twice a week on Feb 2, and estrodiol pills 3x a day. Next RE appointment is 1/30.

I am having a consult with my RE today about having Baby #3! This will be an FET. I have twin girls. We are self-pay. I am nervous to start the process again. :confused:

[QUOTE=“kdavis1106, post: 1788787, member: 58472”]I am having a consult with my RE today about having Baby #3! This will be an FET. I have twin girls. We are self-pay. I am nervous to start the process again. :/[/QUOTE]

Welcome! I am self-pay as well. Fortunately, FETs are significantly cheaper than full IVFs. I’m very nervous as well. I’m afraid of it not working, but also nervous ic it does work about dealing with a pregnancy, and then a newborn, while also dealing with an active toddler (DS is currently 17 months old). Congrats on your twins. I had hoped DS was twins, but once he was born I was glad he was a singleton, lol!

I am self pay as well! Welcome kdavies. I also hoped DS was twins. Just started my period. Will start meds on Friday! So nervous and scared… I really pray this works for me. My last 2 embryos…

[QUOTE=“Fabbeauty, post: 1788794, member: 76082”]I am self pay as well! Welcome kdavies. I also hoped DS was twins. Just started my period. Will start meds on Friday! So nervous and scared… I really pray this works for me. My last 2 embryos…[/QUOTE]

I’m really nervous and scared too, though I have 2 chances. We’ve got 4 embryos and plan to transfer just 2 (at the REs suggestion, originally expected to do all 4 because of my age).

[SIZE=14px][QUOTE=“Dragongirl, post: 1788788, member: 75020”]Welcome! I am self-pay as well. Fortunately, FETs are significantly cheaper than full IVFs. I’m very nervous as well. I’m afraid of it not working, but also nervous ic it does work about dealing with a pregnancy, and then a newborn, while also dealing with an active toddler (DS is currently 17 months old). Congrats on your twins. I had hoped DS was twins, but once he was born I was glad he was a singleton, lol![/QUOTE]

I am glad you said you are scared for just another child in general. I want another child, but I am scared. My girls are 2.5 years old and getting ready to start preschool this fall. Things are pretty good. Adding another baby (or two!) will shake things up! Also my husband is in medical school so I worry on how much I will be doing alone. However, I want my family to be large. When in the situation, it is scary. The money, meds, labs, emotional rollercoaster…am I ready to do this again? We will see![/SIZE]

Can everybody list their medications here for their upcoming FET?

I took BCPs from the day after Christmas until this past Sunday. I had 7 days of Doxycyclin around the time of my saline sonogram (if I hadn’t needed the saline sonogram, they would have still had me do the doxycyclin at some point during the cycle). I started Lupron 15 units a week or so ago. I will start Estrodiol Valerate injections on Mondays and Thursdays starting next week. (I don’t know remember the dosage, but there is a shortage of this med, so the pharmacies have been sending different dosages than the standard so the nurses needed to calculate, and I need to take 0.12). The Lupron will switch to 10 units when I start the Estrodiol. I will start 3x a day Estradiol pills the day after the first estradiol shot. 6 days befor my transfer, I will start Progesterone injections (my embies are 6 day, so they want the progesterone for 6 days). I will also take 5 days of Medrol at that time, and the last Lupron is the day before I start progesterone. They have me taking 1 baby aspirin a day since starting the lupron. I will have a Valium about 45 minutes before transfer. The Estrodiol and Progesterone continue into the pregnancy, I think 10 weeks, but I can’t remember for sure.

Also, I’m nervous about a second child, but my husband is terrified! Our DS is a pretty good boy now (though was a horrible sleeper when young), and DH is really scared of the second one being a wild child. Plus he just doesn’t know if we can handle it. We are 43 years old, so don’t have as much energy as we would have had if we’d started our family younger.

Had an u/s today. Everything looks good, no cysts or anything. I got AF yesterday, so everything is good to go to stick with my FET calendar. I will be starting Estrodiol injections Monday (twice a week on Monday and Thursdays), and Lupron will go down from 15 units to 10 units on Monday. Estrodiol pills will start on Tuesday (3x a day). Next u/s is scheduled for Feb 13, and as long is lining is good we will start progesterone injections and Medrol that night (last lupron the day before Progesterone starts) and the transfer on Feb 19. My doctor is one who still wants three days of bedrest even though it seems a lot of REs don’t go for that any more. My DH will stay home for those days and take care of me and DS.

Started Estrodiol (injections twice a week and pills 3 times a day). Lupron dosage is now down to 10 units from 15. Ultrasound to check lining is on 2/13.