February 2010 Due Dates

Lia, that’s awesome you found a house you love. The bidding war is crappy though. Hoping it works out. And…get off your feet!!! Praying for you guys and that the bleeding slows to nothing today!!!

We switched Ally to her toddler bed a few months ago. She does great in it. Doesn’t get out of it or anything. She yells for us to come get her when she’s awake and wants up. Goes right to sleep and doesn’t mess with anything in her room either. I think we got lucky. She’s always been a good sleeper and great at bedtime though.

If I put Grey in a toddler bed he would be in Houston with Nanna by the time I woke up lol. He hasnt crawled out of his crib since we put in on the lowest notch. I think his belly prevents him from being the best climber but those little bow legs have some speed. He is FAST! Try catching him when he gets loose, lol, he bobs and weaves all over the place.

Lia I hope u get the house and yes please stay off ur feet. That baby needs to stay put.

Lia- your move sounds kinda stressful but I have to say that my brother moved from the mtns of NC to tallahassee FL last summer. Weird. Good luck on the house and do go to the hospital if u have to!

No toddler beds here yet. DH seems to be pushing it but I have enough going on and see no need for it yet.

We are also house hunting. This house is now looking awfully small!

No toddler beds here we went right for the full beds

Hi Gals!

Lia- Glad your trip went well and that you found a house that you love! I’m praying that you get your dream house!!! And for Pete’s sake stay off your feet from now on!!

No toddler bed here. After Leah started climbing out I invested in a crib tent, now she sleeps peacefully in her crib with her 2 pillow pets, blankie and Teddy bear LOL. I dread moving her to a toddler bed, since I’m pretty sure she will get out and play/explore. I like sleep way too much, so for right now she’s fine in her crib :slight_smile:

So what is everyone planning for birthday parties this year? I’m thinking of scaling down and doing something small this year. Last year seemed to be overwhelming and exhausting for all of us.

Jami – We’re moving to Orlando because my husband accepted a job with a new company and that’s where they want him.

Sue – Where did your brother live in these mountains? Asheville?? Wow… small world.

AFM – We will probably hear back on our offer by this coming Tuesday, but we were fortunate enough at the last minute to find a back-up house we like enough to take as a second choice. Woohoo!

Alright, so anyhow, we started home yesterday, and stopped in the little town of Cordele, which is roughly in the middle of nowhere. In the middle of the night, I rolled over and thought, “Oh geez, I’m bleeding again…” So I stood up to go to the bathroom, and blood gushed down my legs and over my pajamas. I got everything cleaned up, and crawled back into bed, still bleeding and trying to figure out what to do… Whether to get everyone back in the car and gun for some hospital an indeterminate distance and in the middle of the night. Instead, I lay there worrying and bleeding until i fell asleep again. I’m still bleeding pretty good, but fortunately, it’s not the “two pads in two hours” rule of thumb the doctors have given me. Iit’s more like a pad every two hours. (Sorry for the TMI!)

As long as I feel the baby wiggle now and then, I can hold on. Right now, I can’t afford the time to be hospitalized when they can’t really do anything about this yet.

Counting down, I have only 19 days to go until my 24th week. We can do it!

Oh Lia! You are in my thoughts & prayers! You’re going to make it to 24 weeks!!!

We met with the Dr on Thursday. Our transfer is tentatively scheduled for 2/13, Happy Valentine’s Day! They’ll transfer 2 embryos. Reviewing my file, the Dr was very happy with the number we have & the quality. They’ll thaw 2 and then watch them. If necessary, they’ll thaw additional ones until they have 2 for transfer. I’m hopeful it works on the first thaw, the first transfer, but then think about the 5 embryos left. We’ve always said we’d donate them, because we understand what it’s like to go through infertility treatments. But then I look at Carter & can’t imagine knowing another one of him could be out in the world. On the flip side, I can’t imagine destroying the possibility of him! Such an odd decision to be faced with.

No toddler bed here. Carter is still in the adult bed with us! My little snuggle buggle. If the FET works, we’ll work on getting him into his own bed. Not sure if that means the toddler bed in his room or the crib in our room or moving the toddler bed to our room. We’ll figure it out!

Sheri I hope your face is healing up!

Birthday party - we’re having a Super Why themed party. I’ve picked out a cake to make & looked at the decorations but haven’t ordered yet. We’re going to make lasagna, salad & garlic bread. Looking for a pasta vegetarian option too but haven’t decided what I want to make. This is one of those times where having 2 large families stinks. Just including my immediate family, we’re at 45 people. Add in a few close friends with kids & we’re at 64. Obviously we’re not having this party at home! We’ll have it in our church basement like last year. It’s actually the old church & the sanctuary has been converted to a kids club area, so that’s nice & it has a full industrial kitchen. Plus it’s free!

Molly- Whoa 64 people!!! I’d pass out if I had to host a party that large LOL, the church basement sounds like a good idea :slight_smile: Do you know what you are getting Carter for his birthday? I’m having a hard time deciding since we just has Christmas and we have a lot of toys. I was thinking maybe a sled…if it ever decides to snow here.

I’ve got Disney Princess and Sesame Street decor left over from last year that I’m going to make the most of :slight_smile: I had thought of doing a Lady Bug theme, since Leah’s lovey is a Pillow Pet LadyBug she calls “Buggy” and she drags Buggy around EVERYWHERE :slight_smile: But it was just getting too expensive, so I’ll get her a Buggy cake and maybe a Lady Bug dress to wear.

Lia- Please, Please, Please! Stay off your feet! I know you are going to make it to 24 weeks, but I’d feel much better knowing you are resting like a good Mama, and ordering everyone else around :smiley:

Mary- Did you do a party for E&O? I don’t remember seeing pics of one…

Oh Molly- Good luck with your FET! Sending some baby dust your way! :babydust: Are you gonna join a new Due Date thread?

I really haven’t a clue what I’m getting Carter for his 2nd birthday. He doesn’t lack for anything & we definitely lack for space. I think a sled it a great idea, but probably too late for us. Whatever we get will probably have an educational side to it - alphabet, numbers, colors, etc. That’s about all I’ve got. LOL

Thanks for the baby vibes!! Right now I’ve joined the Feb FET thread. I’m sure I’ll join the due date thread when it works. Although I know it just won’t be as awesome as this group.

Molly- Whoa 64 people!!! I’d pass out if I had to host a party that large LOL, the church basement sounds like a good idea :slight_smile: Do you know what you are getting Carter for his birthday? I’m having a hard time deciding since we just has Christmas and we have a lot of toys. I was thinking maybe a sled…if it ever decides to snow here.

I’ve got Disney Princess and Sesame Street decor left over from last year that I’m going to make the most of :slight_smile: I had thought of doing a Lady Bug theme, since Leah’s lovey is a Pillow Pet LadyBug she calls “Buggy” and she drags Buggy around EVERYWHERE :slight_smile: But it was just getting too expensive, so I’ll get her a Buggy cake and maybe a Lady Bug dress to wear.

Lia- Please, Please, Please! Stay off your feet! I know you are going to make it to 24 weeks, but I’d feel much better knowing you are resting like a good Mama, and ordering everyone else around :smiley:

Mary- Did you do a party for E&O? I don’t remember seeing pics of one…

Oh Molly- Good luck with your FET! Sending some baby dust your way! :babydust: Are you gonna join a new Due Date thread?

Macs and G’s party is On the 21st. My family is huge and friends are all married and have 2 to 4 kids each so we talley at around 80. Beats in this family are crazy lol.

I going to try find Chuggington stuff and cake for G and a Hutto cake for Mac since he’s my lil jock. Like a FB with our hutto emblem or something.

So some of you saw the post on FB that Teenk is being such a ***** to Laya our new ****zu. Well I sent her with a family this afternoon and it was the husband that had been texting and emailing me. But when they got here she seemed really interested also and they were nice and felt comfortable. So we let her go. I was devastated. Cried all afternoon.
So something told me to text and check on her and just let them know please bring her back if in a few days it’s not working so I can make sure she gets a good home. Well they already want to bring her back. She was to “puppy” for them. I’m like what does 3 months mean to u that is a **** puppy. Anyway I’m so happy she is coming back.

Cheryl what do u do when ur larger dog growls or acts up towards ur little one? I’ll pay a trainer I just don’t think I can part with her. It was almost as though someone was taking a child from me.

I guess it might sound crazy but… We will see what tomorrow brings.

Holy doggie drama Mac!!! I’m sorry.

Lia - maybe you should get to a hospital to get checked out…

Good luck Molly!!! :bsv:

We’re doing Ally’s party on the 21st at Pump It Up. It’s a bouncy place. I paid for up to 15 kids and adults are all free and can jump too…lol, I’m excited!! No cleaning, no cooking, nobody at my house…EASY!!!

I finally have my car again!!! I’ve been without it since the Wednesday before Christmas. I have a doctor’s appt today for my nose too.

Sheri good luck with your nose! Is it cosmeticly out of line?

Laya is coming today. I am very happy and nervous. We are going to get Teenk a muzzle which I did not think of my Uncle suggested it.

It may sound like Teenk is a monster but she is not. Just likes her house and us to herself I guess. I think I jumped the gun to but I was just so scared she was going to hurt her.

They admitted me to the hospital last night, 70 miles from home. I am here for the full duration of the pregnancy. The real goal, (because the doctors have been scaring the holy beejeezus out of me), is to get to a minimum of 26 weeks – which is 4 1/2 weeks away.

Fortunately, they’ve decided to take a chance and take me off my blood thinners, so perhaps that will help control some of the bleeding. But they all have this “resigned to the worst” look in their eyes, as though the worst case scenario is the only possibility.

Joshua has been active and squirmy today and the bleeding has lessened. I just need to fend off any surgery-aggressive doctors unless it’s truly life or death.

Please keep us in your prayers. :pray: :grouphug:

Lia you sit tight and keep those legs shut! does your husband know how to post on here? if not then maybe give him one of our email addresses or have him post on your fb to keep us updated in the event you can’t.:pray: for you and baby Joshua and hope the rest of your family hangs in there, sorry you have to sit there in the hospital :frowning:

Sheri, glad u got your car back!

mac, so teenk is your other dog??? not a nickname for your kid? i didnt realize it was another dog! then you def need to get a trainer. the dog is just being territorial. find a good trainer though. im glad you got laya back :slight_smile:

im having the birthday party at an indoor playspace where we take classes. it’ll be lots of fun and i don;t have to do anything except show up! lot less people than last year, but still should be a blast :slight_smile:

You take care Lia! I just saw your post on FB. I hope being off the blood thinners helps.

Lia- Keep up with your positive thinking! That alone will help you and Joshua against the nay-sayers of the medical field :slight_smile: You and Josh will be in my prayers! Keep us posted on how you are please!!!

Macdev- I think between training and just giving Teenk more time things should be ok, they may never be best friends, but in time they should learn to tolerate each other. My two cats still can’t stand each other even though it’s been 2 years! My older cat hates the younger with a passion, even though we still give the older one lots of attention and love. Hopefully you won’t have to muzzle Teenk for long.

80 people, OMG I would die LOL. I’m a bit shy and high strung LOL, so I prefer smaller parties. But even if we only invite family and a few friends they each come with 2-4 kids. So our parties are usually about 30 people.

Paisley- An indoor play place sounds like fun :slight_smile: I bet the girls and their friends will love it! Do you have a theme?

Sheri- Adults can jump too? Sign me up LOL :slight_smile:

Hey Ladies!

Sheri~Glad your car is back and hope all goes well with your nose. My god daughter had her party at Pump it Up last year and they all loved it!

Molly~:bsv: …So exciting for you, Andy & Carter!

Lia~If Joshua is anything like his momma, he’s a strong lil guy. Honestly, I’m glad your in the hospital, because you are just not capable of laying low. I’ll be thinking of you all {{{hugs}}}

Mac~We didn’t do anything. Just told Guido to be nice and he would walk away. He’s also a great dog, and was fine with my shih-tzu, but with my Yorkie, Bauer, he just didn’t like him. None of my dogs were “trained”, but all are pretty good. It’s just something you have to give time, Tenk is used to being an only dog, so she needs to adjust. I’m actually glad you got her back because I think with some time, she will fit right in!

I’m having Jax’s Sesame Street party on Feb 19th at the park district like last year. We’ll prob have 65-80 people again. I rented Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Elmos & Abby Cadabby costumes for my brothers to wear :slight_smile: I also have the indoor playground and a bouncy house for an hour so the kids with have somehting to do. This is the last big party, next year we will do a kids party and immediate family (which is still like 25 people) at the house.

Jax split his eye open today. His first real ouchie :frowning: He only cried for a second, I cried for a few minutes. It’s not bad, he split a small section at the crease of his eye and scraped under his eye. I took him to the Disney store to get a toy. Buzz & Woody is all he says these days. He is absolutely obsessed with Toy Story. He wakes up and doesn’t say hi mama like he used to, he says buzz? woody? Ugh. Anyway, he’s doing good. If I can post a pic of his eye, I will.

Take care!

The elmo pic is one of the favors. I’m filling it up with goldfish crackers (since last year we gave away real goldfish), and putting a tag that says Elmo loves his goldfish, we hope you do to! My sister is painting them!

And the other pics are my poor boy :frowning: