February 2010 Due Dates

Molly - :clap: :clap: :clap: PUPO!!!

Update

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you the full scoop here. :slight_smile:

As I’m sure most of you know, Joshua Liam arrived on Valentine’s Day, as quite a surprise. After months of worry for my conditions, (complete placenta previa, placenta accreta and placenta percreta), then spending 5 weeks in the hospital on bedrest with doctors and nurses constantly checking to make sure I wasn’t bleeding to death (or wasn’t going to bleed to death when all hell broke loose, as predicted)… His birth came about in a completely unexplainable way!

On Friday night, I was just laying there doing nothing when suddenly I felt a wild gush. My first reaction was that if this was the “big bleed” they had been warning me about, I was going to bleed to death very quickly. If you’ve never gone through your water suddenly breaking, it’s a real trip! I soaked everything around me, then kept soaking everything. Spent the next 36 hours being monitored in L & D, put through the magnesium whirlwind, different drugs, uggh. Fortunately, although there was virtually no amniotic fluid left, there were also no contractions, and the baby monitored just fine. So on Sunday, they sent me back to my room in MFM, (Maternal Fetal Medicine) for close monitoring and to see how things went.

From then on, I never stopped leaking and bleeding.

Along came Tuesday morning, and I woke up at about 5 a.m. out of habit, because I knew they were coming in to draw my blood early. I was laying there in the dark, feeling the baby move a little bit, felt two tiny twinges that might have been little contractions, then figured I would get up and go to the bathroom as long as I was already awake. No big deal.

I sat on the toilet, and the first thing that struck me was this… “pressure.” at first it felt like I was about to pass a huge clot, (TMI, sorry!), so I reached down. Then I thought, “Geez, did my bladder just get ready to drop out of my body??” But that’s ridiculous, right? So I sat there another 15 seconds and reached down again and…

OMG!! I could feel his little umbilical cord slip out!! That was a moment of shock and terror and sudden realization like I’ve never known before. I yanked the emergency cord and in came the nurses, and I was shuddering and saying, “I can feel his cord! His cord is out!”

They grabbed me and put me in bed at once, a doctor was there immediately, I showed her, and the next thing I knew, she shouted, “We’re heading to the O.R.!” I couldn’t draw a second breath before four nurses and a second doctor were wheeling me full speed, in my bed, down the hallways of the hospital. The ONLY thought on my mind was “Get him out! He’s going to suffocate! Get him out now!!!”

The second doctor climbed up on the bed between my legs and shoved her hand and forearm up inside me, trying to keep the baby up and off the cord. I swear, the “2 minute run”, (as practiced by the nurses beforehand), felt like it took 3 hours. I was soooo worried for the baby!

Then they had me on the operating table. The only funny moment of the whole incident happened next: A nurse said, “I’m so sorry, dear, but I have to put this catheter in and it’s probably going to be uncomfortable”

My thought was: “Lady, I have a woman’s whole arm shoved up my vagina, and you think I care about a catheter???” :smiley:

Everything after that was a quick blur with the anesthesiologist shouting, me watching the drugs go in, one last glance at my own nurse, then… darkness.

From first discovery to being knocked out on the operating table, I think it was approximately 10 minutes. He came into the world at 5:39 a.m.

I came to in recovery and managed to ask where the baby was. They said, “He’s upstairs in the NICU” and that’s all I needed to hear in the world… It meant he was alive! He’d made it! I’ve never known such a huge relief. I cannot even express it right now without wanting to cry with joy.

Matt was there at my side within a few hours with pictures of the baby. (I managed to talk a nurse into wheeling me up to the NICU after midnight that night – my very first glimpse of my own baby). Nothing else mattered in the whole world… Not the needles, not the numerous IVs in my arm, not the pain, (hoooooly-moooooly!), not the hysterectomy, nothing.

Joshua is alive. :slight_smile:

2 lbs., 13-1/2" long, and doing so well that he didn’t even need supplemental oxygen! He has already graduated from intubation to the CPAP and they think he will be on the nasal canula within a few days. He is absolutely beautiful, and I can’t tell you all what an amazed and happy mama I am right now.

Thank you for all your support and prayers through this. I would post a second novel here, but I just used up the very last of my strength, and I still need to pump once more before bedtime.

I love you all. :slight_smile:

Lia- I don’t use the term “miracle” loosely but wow that baby is a miracle. You are incredible! I can’t begin to to now how you feel after this but I know that I was thankful you two are safe!! Joshua must be something special, he must be here for an extraordinary reason :slight_smile: I hope you heal quickly! Since you got a hysterectomy that means no more bleeding right?? Woohoo to that :wink:

Can’t wait to see pictures!! Oh and i bet Lucas will be sooo happy to have his mama home! Xoxo

Lia -

I am so glad that you made it through and your little miracle Joshua is here and doing so well! I have to admit I was incredibly nervous for you but you were definately in the right place! What a birth story you have to share with him!!

Anyway, I had to let you know how happy I am for you. You did an amazing job under really scary circumstances. I would have been a complete basket case but you still maintained your sanity and sense of humor throughout it all. Congrats Mommy and I will be looking forward to your updates!

Molly - Congrats on being PUPO!! Crossing fingers for a BFP!

I have three frosties and keep thinking of a FET. I just don’t feel like my family is complete although after getting pregnant and having Liam, I really thought I would. I am rapidly closing in on 43 and even I think I am crazy for even considering it. I have a now 2 year old and a soon to be 7 year old. It’s not like my plate isn’t full already!! I am crazy right?

hello lia…hello all, ii am not a regular on this thread but i heard about lia, and her sweet lil miracle baby and i just wanted to say congratulations!!! you have been thru quite a bit lady, i am so proud of you! many prayers your way for lil joshua and his mommy!!! many hugs!!!

Wow. Lia, I’m so glad the two of you are safe and healthy!! Ditto everything Mares said. :grouphug:

Molly- have you poas’d??? I hope twins for you! :slight_smile:

I’ve resisted so far! So unlike me to have this willpower. OK, it’s not willpower. I’ve just been so busy with work & Carter’s birthday party I’ve forgotten. I did have spotting on Saturday! I’ve had implantation bleeding with all of my pregnancies. So I think I am pregnant!!! Twins…well they would turn my world upside down, but in such a wonderful way!! I’m not opposed to them. :wink:

Lia - How did I miss your post?? I am so happy for you, Matt & little Joshua. :grouphug:

Malloned - Do it!!! You’re not crazy at all!!

Lia-congratulations on Joshua. So happy to hear you are both doing well. You have had a wild ride this go around, but I’m all is turning out ok for your family. Get rest and know that I’m praying for your family.

Lia, that is the most amazing crazy story ever! I was laughing and crying at the same time. you know how incredibly lucky you are, don’t you?!?! PLEASE take care of yourself and stay healthy, and MAZEL TOV on baby joshua!!! we can’t wait to see pics and sooo incredibly happy for you!

molly,
seriously, you forgot?? get to it woman! im dying to hear!

[quote=imagiccat]Hi everyone, just wanted to give you the full scoop here. :slight_smile:

As I’m sure most of you know, Joshua Liam arrived on Valentine’s Day, as quite a surprise. After months of worry for my conditions, (complete placenta previa, placenta accreta and placenta percreta), then spending 5 weeks in the hospital on bedrest with doctors and nurses constantly checking to make sure I wasn’t bleeding to death (or wasn’t going to bleed to death when all hell broke loose, as predicted)… His birth came about in a completely unexplainable way!

On Friday night, I was just laying there doing nothing when suddenly I felt a wild gush. My first reaction was that if this was the “big bleed” they had been warning me about, I was going to bleed to death very quickly. If you’ve never gone through your water suddenly breaking, it’s a real trip! I soaked everything around me, then kept soaking everything. Spent the next 36 hours being monitored in L & D, put through the magnesium whirlwind, different drugs, uggh. Fortunately, although there was virtually no amniotic fluid left, there were also no contractions, and the baby monitored just fine. So on Sunday, they sent me back to my room in MFM, (Maternal Fetal Medicine) for close monitoring and to see how things went.

From then on, I never stopped leaking and bleeding.

Along came Tuesday morning, and I woke up at about 5 a.m. out of habit, because I knew they were coming in to draw my blood early. I was laying there in the dark, feeling the baby move a little bit, felt two tiny twinges that might have been little contractions, then figured I would get up and go to the bathroom as long as I was already awake. No big deal.

I sat on the toilet, and the first thing that struck me was this… “pressure.” at first it felt like I was about to pass a huge clot, (TMI, sorry!), so I reached down. Then I thought, “Geez, did my bladder just get ready to drop out of my body??” But that’s ridiculous, right? So I sat there another 15 seconds and reached down again and…

OMG!! I could feel his little umbilical cord slip out!! That was a moment of shock and terror and sudden realization like I’ve never known before. I yanked the emergency cord and in came the nurses, and I was shuddering and saying, “I can feel his cord! His cord is out!”

They grabbed me and put me in bed at once, a doctor was there immediately, I showed her, and the next thing I knew, she shouted, “We’re heading to the O.R.!” I couldn’t draw a second breath before four nurses and a second doctor were wheeling me full speed, in my bed, down the hallways of the hospital. The ONLY thought on my mind was “Get him out! He’s going to suffocate! Get him out now!!!”

The second doctor climbed up on the bed between my legs and shoved her hand and forearm up inside me, trying to keep the baby up and off the cord. I swear, the “2 minute run”, (as practiced by the nurses beforehand), felt like it took 3 hours. I was soooo worried for the baby!

Then they had me on the operating table. The only funny moment of the whole incident happened next: A nurse said, “I’m so sorry, dear, but I have to put this catheter in and it’s probably going to be uncomfortable”

My thought was: “Lady, I have a woman’s whole arm shoved up my vagina, and you think I care about a catheter???” :smiley:

Everything after that was a quick blur with the anesthesiologist shouting, me watching the drugs go in, one last glance at my own nurse, then… darkness.

From first discovery to being knocked out on the operating table, I think it was approximately 10 minutes. He came into the world at 5:39 a.m.

I came to in recovery and managed to ask where the baby was. They said, “He’s upstairs in the NICU” and that’s all I needed to hear in the world… It meant he was alive! He’d made it! I’ve never known such a huge relief. I cannot even express it right now without wanting to cry with joy.

Matt was there at my side within a few hours with pictures of the baby. (I managed to talk a nurse into wheeling me up to the NICU after midnight that night – my very first glimpse of my own baby). Nothing else mattered in the whole world… Not the needles, not the numerous IVs in my arm, not the pain, (hoooooly-moooooly!), not the hysterectomy, nothing.

Joshua is alive. :slight_smile:

2 lbs., 13-1/2" long, and doing so well that he didn’t even need supplemental oxygen! He has already graduated from intubation to the CPAP and they think he will be on the nasal canula within a few days. He is absolutely beautiful, and I can’t tell you all what an amazed and happy mama I am right now.

Thank you for all your support and prayers through this. I would post a second novel here, but I just used up the very last of my strength, and I still need to pump once more before bedtime.

I love you all. :)[/quote]

Lia!!! I had no idea about this … Your story brought tears to my eyes … GOD LOVE JOSHUA!!

I’M PREGNANT!!!

Sooooooo…a little comparison of stats…

Carter’s 1st beta = 113
2.0’s 1st beta = 186

I havent been on in a while and missed alot!

I was sitting here crying at work. Lia congrats on Joshau. Agree with Mare MIRACLE!

Molly CONGRATS! How exciting!

Molly congrats!!! I’m sooooo excited for you! When so you find out if theres more than one?

Yay Molly!! I am gonna say 1 baby girl :slight_smile: when is first us??

I don’t have the 1st ultrasound scheduled yet. Need to get past beta #2. When I went through IVF, it was a week after beta #2. Then a 2nd ultrasound another week later, when we saw the heartbeat. I’m guessing it’ll follow the same schedule. So maybe next Friday I’ll find out how many are in there!

Molly – CONGATULATIONS!!! Oh, I am just soooo happy for you! is it too early to demand you produce twins this time?? :smiley:

Lia- you have one of the most amazing/memorable birth stories ever. I must admit I wanted to faint when you wrote about the nurses forearm being up there… but heck woman you are a warrior! And Josh sure is a lil fighter!
(Probably because he is a baby badger :p)

Molly- YAY on 2.0!!! :woohoo: That’s awesome! I’m gonna place my bet on a singleton ( a girl this time) :slight_smile: When’s your next beta?