February 2015 IUI Cycle Buddies

Any February IUI cycle buddies out there? Hopefully more of us have returned to this site since December!

Hi Jenamel - Thanks for creating this thread. I’ll be joining the Feb cycle.
Little bit about me - I’m 38, have two boys and dh and I have been actively trying for our 3rd for the last 3 years. We’ve had 5 IUIs in the past two years, which have all ended in bfn. We’re moving onto our final, covered by our insurance, IUI and fingers crossed that this will take.

Baby dust to everyone!!!

Hello everyone,
I’m new to this so please bear with me. I too have started my 1st round of Menopur injections (300iu’s) this month for IUI. I’m on day 4 of my injections. A little about me, I’m 44 DH is 32, never thought I’d have fertility problems as I have 2 children from my previous marriage DD 8, DS 6 and got pregnant with my two babes naturally never any complications. DH and I recently married in Oct. 2014 and we decided we wanted to have a baby, DH has a 13 y/o from his previous marriage.
So we found out I have diminished ovarian reserve and high FSH 15.4 so we need all the help we can get. RE recommended we go straight to IVF but insurance doesn’t cover it and the costs are extremely high. So we decided try IUI, hoping this will work for us. On top of all this, I only have one ovary! After my baseline US was done, I only have 3 follicles so we are hoping to get at least one goof egg! I go in tomorrow for my 1st US to see how I’m reacting to the Menopur, fingers crossed we see something good going on in there!

Hi Slbluv, best of luck! Let us know how your ultrasound goes.
wenmas112, I’m happy you joined us! Today is CD 3 for me so I’ll begin the Gonal-F injections tonight. Where are you at in your cycle?
I’m hoping this month of love will bring us all our BFP!

Hi Jenamel,

Thank you for welcoming me. I am glad I found this board to share my experiences with all of you and to get feed back as well since this is my first round of IUI. Today is my CD 9, I went in for my US yesterday and I have two follies, one that is 16mm and the other is 10mm. I know the 10mm won’t catch up to the 16mm but, I am just happy that I have at least one good one. I am giving myself the trigger shot tonight then I go in on Saturday for my IUI. Fingers crossed that the one follie sitcks and I get a BFP!!!
LOTS OF LUCK ANF BFPs TO ALL!!! :slight_smile:

Welcome!!! I have noticed a new handful of people back on the forums this week and I’m so glad :slight_smile:

Lots of baby dust to all of you!

Hi Ladies!

I’m officially doing the 2 wk wait. I went in for the IUI on 2/6 and I’m not too hopeful for a positive result (although I’m still praying for one). The RE saw my DH sperm count and quality was unimpressive. He would like us to move forward with IVF, but my insurance doesn’t cover it and while I would love to add another biological child to our family, I think it’s best to stop and move on with life. We’ve been at this naturally and “assisted” for the past 4 years. I’m extremely grateful for the 2 boys we have and our family can still expand - there’s always the adoption. Anyway – sorry, if this sounds discouraging. I’m just annoyed, stressed, disappointed, and tired.

ER – Shady Grove Fertility

Meds – Clomid; Gonal-F; Ovidrel; Progesterone (vaginal insert - eww…)

2 mature follies – measuring at 18.4 on each side.

Now that I’ve gotten my rant out of the way…
Slbluv - Welcome to the community – this site helped me a lot when we started and during fertility treatment. How did the US go?
Jenamel - Have you had your IUI yet? Quick story - I had to self-inject for the first time, last week, and it actually wasn’t bad. I’m not saying I’ll like to do it again, but I now know that I can do it.

Best of luck to you both!!!

I’m jumping on the Feb 2015 Cycle buddies! Had our IUI today, first try for baby #2! Praying for a BFP! Lots of post procedure cramping, I’m hoping thats a good sign…I can’t remember if I had cramping the last time or not!

Welcome LEOwifey. fingers crossed for a positive beta!

Welcome to you too LEOwifey! Hoping for happy results.

[QUOTE=“wenmas112, post: 1789005, member: 59011”]Now that I’ve gotten my rant out of the way…
Slbluv - Welcome to the community – this site helped me a lot when we started and during fertility treatment. How did the US go?
Jenamel - Have you had your IUI yet? Quick story - I had to self-inject for the first time, last week, and it actually wasn’t bad. I’m not saying I’ll like to do it again, but I now know that I can do it.

Best of luck to you both!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“wenmas112, post: 1789004, member: 59011”]Hi Ladies!

I’m officially doing the 2 wk wait. I went in for the IUI on 2/6 and I’m not too hopeful for a positive result (although I’m still praying for one). The RE saw my DH sperm count and quality was unimpressive. He would like us to move forward with IVF, but my insurance doesn’t cover it and while I would love to add another biological child to our family, I think it’s best to stop and move on with life. We’ve been at this naturally and “assisted” for the past 4 years. I’m extremely grateful for the 2 boys we have and our family can still expand - there’s always the adoption. Anyway – sorry, if this sounds discouraging. I’m just annoyed, stressed, disappointed, and tired.

ER – Shady Grove Fertility

Meds – Clomid; Gonal-F; Ovidrel; Progesterone (vaginal insert - eww…)

2 mature follies – measuring at 18.4 on each side.[/QUOTE]
Wenmass112 - I remember the discussions with our doctor before conceiving our son. He strongly felt IVF was our only option due to our male factor infertility, but said we could try 1 or 2 IUI’s. Well we conceived first try and proved him wrong. So you never know! I understand your frustration though. This time around we certainly aren’t having as easy of a time. My insurance doesn’t cover IVF as well so we’re praying for another IUI miracle. Based on my US yesterday, they’re predicting we’ll do the trigger shot tomorrow night and go in for IUI’s Saturday and Sunday. We’ll see how tomorrow’s US looks. I’m crossing my fingers for you and you’re almost through half of the 2ww!!

LEOwifey - Welcome! I look forward to joining you in the 2ww!

Slbluv - How did your IUI go?

We had our IUI today and go back tomorrow morning for another. I’m excited because for the first time I have two mature follicles of matching size. Hopefully this means double the chance! Sperm count was below 5 million post wash, as was expected. Hopefully tomorrow will be higher. Would love to hear how you all are doing!

Hope everyone had a wonder V-Day. The hubby and I went to dinner at our fav Thai place, but other than that, I worked from home :frowning: and stayed warm. What did you guys do?

Off topic - I’m a little excited b/c we’re anticipating snow in the DC/MD area tomorrow night and I’ve been dying for a good snow storm (not like the Northeast) all winter. My husband is less enthusiastic, something about shoveling and cleaning off the cars bugs him, but the kids and I love it. Winter, for me isn’t winter without some good ole snow. I was raised in NY, so it’s in my bones. I’M SO EXCITED!!! As you can see I’m trying my best to distract from my impending beta on Friday. This time, I’m going to POS. Since I’ll be at work when the results come in, I’d rather know ahead of time - no need to ruin my afternoon (at work). I just have to purchase a pack and actually POS - it’s just that I hate seeing those “not pregnant” signs, it just pisses me off. I’ll let you know if I actually do it - sometimes I’m all talk.

Jenamel - 2 follies, that’s wonderful! Double the chances!!! Good luck tomorrow! Our son got here with only 900K swimmers cruising for an egg. So anything can happen. Fingers crossed!!!

Good nite ladies!

[QUOTE=“wenmas112, post: 1789082, member: 59011”]Hope everyone had a wonder V-Day. The hubby and I went to dinner at our fav Thai place, but other than that, I worked from home :frowning: and stayed warm. What did you guys do?

Off topic - I’m a little excited b/c we’re anticipating snow in the DC/MD area tomorrow night and I’ve been dying for a good snow storm (not like the Northeast) all winter. My husband is less enthusiastic, something about shoveling and cleaning off the cars bugs him, but the kids and I love it. Winter, for me isn’t winter without some good ole snow. I was raised in NY, so it’s in my bones. I’M SO EXCITED!!! As you can see I’m trying my best to distract from my impending beta on Friday. This time, I’m going to POS. Since I’ll be at work when the results come in, I’d rather know ahead of time - no need to ruin my afternoon (at work). I just have to purchase a pack and actually POS - it’s just that I hate seeing those “not pregnant” signs, it just pisses me off. I’ll let you know if I actually do it - sometimes I’m all talk.

Jenamel - 2 follies, that’s wonderful! Double the chances!!! Good luck tomorrow! Our son got here with only 900K swimmers cruising for an egg. So anything can happen. Fingers crossed!!!

Good nite ladies![/QUOTE]
Thanks! Same counts for the IUI this morning, so now we wait.

It’s always a gamble bringing our son to dinner but we had a very successful Valentine’s Day. Just went to Bonefish Grill, but it was a nice treat because we don’t have dinners out very often. We seriously need a babysitter in our life. We’re actually traveling to DC/MD in 2 weeks to visit my husband’s family. He was raised in Potomac and most of his extended family is still in that area. His sister is in DC. We live in South Florida and would love to see some snow!! Enjoy!

Hi everyone! My DH & I also are ttc. We have an awesome ds 6. We have been trying for 5 years, every since we had our son. We had our 4th IUI on February 12. So now its a waiting game. I had about 7 follicles in my right ovary. My left side had a few but the dr thought they were left over from previous month. The US on Tues (Feb 10) showed my follicles to be around 18mm so I had the HCG shot on Wed and the IUI on Thursday. We are praying this one works but I am not feeling like it is. Lots of cramps like I usually have each month (Pcos). I don’t remember having cramps like this with the other IUI’s, but I do usually cramp a lot each month before I start. Also my dh sperm count were 46 mil. Not sure what to think at this point of the waiting game. i really hope this works since we really can’t afford IVF and insurance doesn’t cover it. Any advice?

Hi Anderson0406 - welcome to the board! I’m in your boat - on my 6th, and last covered, IUI and my insurance doesn’t cover IVF. Is there an IUI limitation with your insurance plan? As for advice, try not to obsess about the different twitches or sensations you have b/c in the tww, I swear there is a heightened sensitivity that drives us all mad.

Jenamel and Anderson0406 fingers crossed during your tww!

Me - I poas this morning and it was a bfn. So, we’re done with IUIs and I’m done ttc. Time to move on with life and the be grateful for the 2 beautiful boys we have.

[QUOTE=“wenmas112, post: 1789125, member: 59011”]Hi Anderson0406 - welcome to the board! I’m in your boat - on my 6th, and last covered, IUI and my insurance doesn’t cover IVF. Is there an IUI limitation with your insurance plan? As for advice, try not to obsess about the different twitches or sensations you have b/c in the tww, I swear there is a heightened sensitivity that drives us all mad.

Me - I poas this morning and it was a bfn. So, we’re done with IUIs and I’m done ttc. Time to move on with life and the be grateful for the 2 beautiful boys we have.[/QUOTE]
So sorry…sending you hugs. I do admire your positive attitude. You’re right, we should all recognize what we do have in life and be grateful. Wishing you all the best!

Just wanted to share my experience with you all. I spent 4 hours in the ER last night for complications related to a blood draw. I had my blood taken last Friday for normal monitoring prior to the IUI. Over the weekend my armpit was hurting and as the days went on this week the pain traveled through my entire vein in that arm. Simultaneously, I also developed throat pain. I went to my doctor yesterday and he believed I had a blood clot and sent me to the ER. I had a doppler ultrasound which luckily showed no clots and they said my vein was infected from the blood draw. There must have been bacteria on the needle or the nurse didn’t clean my skin well enough. Talk about scary! They said the pain I’m having in my armpit and throat is related to the lymph nodes. Apparently lymph nodes fight bacteria in your body. So they gave me an antibiotic injection and I now have to take antibiotics 4 times a day for 10 days. They say this won’t affect the chances of conceiving this cycle, but I’m not happy. I feel like my body chemistry is so out of whack now. Hopefully this cycle isn’t jinxed.

[QUOTE=“wenmas112, post: 1789125, member: 59011”]Hi Anderson0406 - welcome to the board! I’m in your boat - on my 6th, and last covered, IUI and my insurance doesn’t cover IVF. Is there an IUI limitation with your insurance plan? As for advice, try not to obsess about the different twitches or sensations you have b/c in the tww, I swear there is a heightened sensitivity that drives us all mad.

Me - I poas this morning and it was a bfn. So, we’re done with IUIs and I’m done ttc. Time to move on with life and the be grateful for the 2 beautiful boys we have.[/QUOTE]
Hi wenmas112,
My insurance doesn’t cover any fertility treatments at all. So I am on my own with paying for them. However I have paid up for 2 more IUI’s at this point so if this one does not work (praying it does tho), then I have 2 more tries. After that we will be done ttc. I can’t afford the IVF’s. So sorry yours didn’t work, but you do have 2 of God’s greatest gifts! I know that is so much easier to say than to do so I admire you for that. I keep saying enough is enough but my heart longs for just one more child. But if it doesn’t work out then I know God has a plan in store.