February 2016 Cycle Buddies

Hoping this is my month and maybe yours too :wink:

Yes! :slight_smile: We have Valentines Day this month, that has to be a good sign :slight_smile: I’m just so excited to be testing again with you guys!

I have an ultrasound on Wednesday. If I have follies on the left side (praying for 2), I will likely have the IUI on 2/5 or 2/6.

Hello
My second iui is scheduled for Wednesday. I took 150 of gonal f and I take the trigger shot tonight. I did alcupuncture this time and took prenatal tablets. I’m looking for success stories that I can draw encouragement from and advice from those who have had successful iui’s. I am in my 40s trying to have our first baby, just got married last year.

Welcome Babygirl! Looks like you’re the first one up this month. Hopefully I’ll be right behind you!

Welcome babygirl! I am still trying for my first successful IUI. We have a nice support system going here. And we are due for some BFPs!!

Here’s our list for Feb:
Babygirl: IUI 2/3, beta 2/17
ShePea: IUI 2/5-6, beta 2/19-20
Ainsley: transfer 2/8, beta 2/22
Christine: IUI 2/28

How’d it go Babygirl?
I had my ultrasound today. I have 1 follie on the left, and 2 on the right. My uterine lining was 8mm! I’m waiting on instructions on when to trigger.

Trigger tonight, IUI 2/5.

[QUOTE=“ShePea28, post: 1792681, member: 60790”]Trigger tonight, IUI 2/5.[/QUOTE]
Woohoo! Can’t wait to get back on board!! This HAS to be a month full of positives.

Welcome Babygirl74! Yippee someone else in their 40’s trying for their first :slight_smile:
My hubby & I are 43 yrs, we were married 1.5 yrs ago and had tried au naturel during that time. We had a positive pregnancy but it ended in miscarriage at 5wks :frowning: We decided to try IUI twice…no luck for us unfortunately, so we moved on to IVF. With most fertility clinics they wont do an egg retrieval for a woman once she is 44yrs, so we needed to make a decision. I turned 43 last Oct and that is when we started the IVF journey. We opted for ICSI (sperm injected into each egg - I ended up with 7 eggs) because as we age, apparently our eggs become “tougher” & more difficult for the sperm to penetrate. 6/7 eggs fertilized well but only 3 made it to Day 5/6. Of those 3, we sent biopsies of each embryo to have chromosone testing which left us with 2 normal healthy embryos. And one of those embryos will be transferred Feb 11th :slight_smile: It’s a long road to get to this point but if you have any questions Babygirl74, ask away. I have learnt quite a bit throughout this journey and continue to learn.
I’m still hanging out in this group because these gals are wonderfully supportive and we all have a common goal no matter which path we take to get there. So welcome and good luck to you!!

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1792677, member: 85016”]Welcome babygirl! I am still trying for my first successful IUI. We have a nice support system going here. And we are due for some BFPs!!

Here’s our list for Feb:
Ainsley: transfer 2/11 beta 2/22
Christine: IUI 2/28[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1792677, member: 85016”]Welcome babygirl! I am still trying for my first successful IUI. We have a nice support system going here. And we are due for some BFPs!!

Here’s our list for Feb:
Ainsley: transfer 2/8, beta 2/22
Christine: IUI 2/28[/QUOTE]
They changed my transfer date to Feb 11/16…arrrrg Feb 8th is a holiday & they were booked until Feb 11th…sigh! But my beta is still Feb 22nd :slight_smile:

My IUI went well. Now on to the 2ww. My beta is scheduled for the 22nd also.

[QUOTE=“ShePea28, post: 1792686, member: 60790”]My IUI went well. Now on to the 2ww. My beta is scheduled for the 22nd also.[/QUOTE]
Lets hope for & pray for Feb 22nd to brings us good news! Put your feet up ShePea and relax!!! :slight_smile:

Ainsley: transfer 2/11, beta 2/22
Babygirl: beta 2/17
ShePea: beta 2/22
Christine: IUI 2/28

Had to update the list. I can’t believe you are all testing right around the same time!

Can we recap any tips/superstitions for a successful IUI? Is anyone resting after IUI or eating pineapple core for days after?

I’m not doing anything special this month…just trying to take it easy. Coming down with a cold and they wont do the embryo transfer if I have a fever or get very sick. Figures! Been healthy all along until the home stretch!! Arrg

I did eat pineapple core this morning, and plan to eat it for the next 4 days. I rested on the exam table for 15 minutes after the iui and took a nap when I got home.

…for the record, those progesterone tablets that you insert…not pleasant! Uggggg! All well :wink:

I have oral progesterone capsules. I heard the vaginal inserts are more effective.

I can only hope & keep inserting! Lol