Femara without ovulation?

Hello,

I just took my fourth unmonitored cycle of femara, and I never received a positive opk! I have been ttc for 2.5 years and every month (medicated or not) I have had a positive opk! I don’t know what to do! I would be considered “late” as of a few days ago if it was a normal cycle with femara. Should I call the obgyn? We are moving on to a RE in may, so I don’t know what to do

:grr: :pray:

Do you have PCOS? OPKs are notoriously unreliable in patients with PCOS. Other than that, I suppose it’s possible you didn’t ovulate, but without monitoring, it’s hard to know. Fortunately, your RE should be able to sort all that out for you.

What cycle day are you on? I always ovulate between days 11 and 14, even on femara. I did, however, have one month on femara that I did not ovulate until day 21. I really thought I’d missed it, or it just wasn’t happening.

So you might still get a positive, but there’s nothing wrong with checking in with your doctor. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your replies! Yes, they have treated me for small cysts in my ovaries, but the doctor does not believe I have pcos. My cycle day is 36 and I tested from day 11 to day 32 because I usually ovulate on day 17 on medicated cycle and 20 on unmedicated cycles. So yes I guess I will be calling my doctor. Thanks ladies!

Well I opt tested just to “see” if it would be there ad a fluke, and there it was, the positive, and the line was darker than its EVER BEEN. So it’s probably not a good cycle. Anyways, much baby dust to all reading this!!

:af: