Femara

Hi all -

I start femara tonight and wanted to see what side effects you guys had?? Also, I read some stuff on femara and birth defects…I have a call into my RE today about that.

I had hot flashes with Femara and that was it. As far as birth effects go it only causes issues when you take it consistently throughout pregnancy.

I think I also had hot flashes but they were very mild. I have alos heard that you have to continue to take it through pregnancy and by the time you conceive it is out of your system.

I think I also had hot flashes but they were very mild. I have alos heard that you have to continue to take it through pregnancy and by the time you conceive it is out of your system.

I had mild hot flashes. Femara has a short half-life (how long it stays in your system) If you take it before O it will be long gone out of your system by the time you concieve.

I had nausea the first day of taking it and some hot flashes, that was it tho! Much better than Clomid which made me feel horrible!

I had the hot flashes too… In addition, I noticed I was sleepy with it … so I took it at night before bed :slight_smile:

Hope this helps… and good luck!

This is my first cycle with Femara too. I started on 10/22 - CD2. I missed taking my last pill last night cos of work and took it early this morning… hoping that doesn’t mess my cycle.

Anyway, the only obvious side effect I’ve seen are some hot flashes. Clomid used to make me terribly dry and gave me the hot flashes at night. With Femara, the hot flashes were during the day time… wondering if it was just the air conditioning that was broken at work. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve always taken these oral pills at night before going to bed.

I was very concerned about the Femara too and did a lot of research and talked to the RE. They all say that since it is out of your system so early in the cycle, there shouldn’t be any effect on the baby. :pray: it is so.

I have been taking Femara for the last two months and it is wonderful. Absolutely no side effects for me. I took Clomid for 3 months & had horrible hot flashes & side effects. And to top it all off, i didn’t respond to it at all. With Femara, I have responded very well.

One more positive thing I learned about Femara (other than not drying CM), is that it seems to make you ready for ovulation sooner than the normal 14 days. That’s what the NP said. That means at least the 2WW on this side of ovulation/IUI will go faster!

I’ll know for sure if it does that for me when I go in for an u/s this Friday on CD 9.

Anybody experienced this?

I took my first dose last night…no hot flashes but after I had taken I was so sleepy. I slept the whole night which almost never happens for me!