Femera protocol questions

I was wondering…What protocol did your doctor prescribe? My FSH was 6.5 but my estrodial was 166. Nurse said it should be less than 65. He had me start Femera 5 mg on days 3-7. Then an ultrasound on day 12.
(that will be on Friday) I asked if I should order sperm and they said yes… I’m frustrated because I haven’t gotten to speak with the doctor about my results. I’ve googled but I don’t know what to make of the info I’ve found. Seems like my odds aren’t great.

I have to say my head feels weird on Femera. I’m dizzy and a little nauseous. I’ve a couple of pains where my ovaries are and hope thats a good sign.

Does this sound like a normal protocol? I’ve read so many other signatures with other drugs in conjunction…

[QUOTE=pixelpie]I was wondering…What protocol did your doctor prescribe? My FSH was 6.5 but my estrodial was 166. Nurse said it should be less than 65. He had me start Femera 5 mg on days 3-7. Then an ultrasound on day 12.
(that will be on Friday) I asked if I should order sperm and they said yes… I’m frustrated because I haven’t gotten to speak with the doctor about my results. I’ve googled but I don’t know what to make of the info I’ve found. Seems like my odds aren’t great.

I have to say my head feels weird on Femera. I’m dizzy and a little nauseous. I’ve a couple of pains where my ovaries are and hope thats a good sign.

Does this sound like a normal protocol? I’ve read so many other signatures with other drugs in conjunction…[/QUOTE]

When I take 2.5mg Femara 3-7 I have these signs.
My ovaries hurt a lot with lots of cramping at times,breast get tender an sore, sometimes now sick in stomach, an really sleepy after take it but i take mine at night. It can make you dizzy too or gain weight or loose weight. It just depends. I’ve taking 5mg of it before an had lots of cramping too. I’m right now taking 2.5mg Femara an if not pg this cycle will see RE close eto end of DEc an ask to up it again…

Good Luck… :paw:

Hey Pixelpie!
I have been on combination therapies with Femara and injections. In the past I have been on 5mg days 5-7. I have had an overstimmed cycle, and also had one that was dangerously close. My doctor switched me back down to 2.5 days 5-7 and then changed my injection protocol as well. I have been dizzy and felt pains in my ovaries during stimmed cycles too. I usually have my first ultrasounds no later than Day 10, but that could be because of the injections too.

Don’t give up hope until you’ve had your untrasound! All it takes is one good follie!

Follicles

Hi there, congrats on your :bfp:
How many follicles did you have?

Thank you for the replies! I wonder why my doctor didn’t put me on injectables too…seems like most people do both. Going to buy some opk tests and see if it indicates any progress too!

Pixelpie,

I responded well to Femara and conceived twins on my 3rd cycle of 5mg. That was through a study with the University of Pennsylvania. Unfortunately I miscarried one and the 2nd was ectopic . After that I went back to my original RE who said Femara + injectibles was unheard of and was reluctant to give me the Femara at all. I never went back. I figured if he didn’t feel good about it that he wouldn’t do what was best for me and my cycle…seeing a new RE on Tuesday.

[QUOTE=Azurah]Hi there, congrats on your :bfp:
How many follicles did you have?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Azurah - I only had one this time - but it was my largest ever before the trigger at 19.5!

Pixelpie - My first ever round of meds was with Femara 2.5 without injections. I did not respond, and it was at that time that I was officially diagnosed with PCOS. After that, I had several rounds of only clomid, which were also unsuccessful at causing me to respond. It was after 4 cycles without injections that I was placed on a combination cycle.

Also, it is important for your doctor to start somewhere. If they jumped right into oral meds along with injections, you could potentially overstim. Everyone starts out somewhere, and even though it is frustrating and takes a long time, it is best for you if your doctor takes time to see how you respond.

I wish you the best! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the responses!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed! Today was day 7 and my last set of pills.

I have lots of pressure on both sides where my ovaries are! Do follicles growing hurt??

[QUOTE=pixelpie]Thanks for the responses!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed! Today was day 7 and my last set of pills.

I have lots of pressure on both sides where my ovaries are! Do follicles growing hurt??[/QUOTE]

Mine do! :wink: I usually feel it as pressure and then also in my back.