Fertility after variocele sx?

Hi guys,
I have low AMH (therefore poor responder to IVF) and we have just diagnosed DH with a variocele (he had low count, low motility).
Doctors say, continue with next planned IVF, but consider having surgery and perhaps we can try naturally if his stuff gets better! :slight_smile:
I would like to know if any of you have gone through this, know someone, etc… what has been your/their experience? Our doctors seem pretty optimistic that this can fix his issues… any thoughts?
THANKS!

My hubby had the surgery on 1/24/13. He just had a semen analysis done for our IVF cycle and his numbers went from what use to be 4-10 million count to 30 million. Motility is 40% which is slightly better. Morphology is still 1.5% which is all bad BUT we are doing ICSI with IVF. We chose to do the surgery even though we were proceeding with IVF just because it can’t hurt!!! Good luck to you.

MEL73: thanks for your words of encouragement and sharing those nice numbers! we are also going to continue with IVF and ICSI, but it’s nice to have the option of trying natural since I am a poor responder to the IVF drugs. and one last question, how soon after surgery do you normally get the clear to try again?
thanks!

[quote=puppylove001]MEL73: thanks for your words of encouragement and sharing those nice numbers! we are also going to continue with IVF and ICSI, but it’s nice to have the option of trying natural since I am a poor responder to the IVF drugs. and one last question, how soon after surgery do you normally get the clear to try again?
thanks![/quote]

I “think” it was two weeks. It was not until dh had his post op appt.